Greasy Lake Community

New Archive Release: Giants Stadium, August 22, 1985

And yeah we finally got that Sherry Darling as the perfect concert closer and send the folks happily back to their homes:

"Springsteen indulges in a charming bit of adulation baiting with “Do You Love Me?” Finally, “Jersey Girl” serves as the perfect summer-night coda for the Garden State.That would be more than enough for most, but the expanded band isn’t done quite yet. Bruce goes back to the River one last time to a song he wrote expressly for a summer party, “Sherry Darling,” driving home the band-fan relationship as he sings, “I got you and you got me.”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, davemunday said:

On 'paper' this release doesn't seem to have a lot going on...

....and a virtually identical set list to the LA Sept '85 show that they've sold to us previously.  It's no wonder that Erik is relatively lukewarm on this one.

9 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

....and a virtually identical set list to the LA Sept '85 show that they've sold to us previously.  It's no wonder that Erik is relatively lukewarm on this one.

Erik may be lukewarm but the Lake needs to know what does @Paolo's Circus Story think....

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

WHOO HOO!!!!!! NOW WE'RE TALKING!!! This was actually the second time I ever saw him - the previous night being the first! lol 

This show was most needed!

Brad

• Like 4

Instant buy for me. Have listened to a few songs (flac HD on my Bose Soundsystem) and it sounds fabulous. You can not go wrong with a  1975-1985 concert! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

Already got a great 1985 show..don't need another one.

There are already great shows from almost every tour post 75 so I assume you are done with the series?

Just kidding sorta but I as a huge fan of live music, this mentality is so strange to me.  I want EVERY show released. To each their own though.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

28 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

There are already great shows from almost every tour post 75 so I assume you are done with the series?

I dig it, but I have to say, I'm about done with 78'. I have all the great ones. Just like the last release 78' if it wasn't for the performance of Backstreet, I probably won't have bought. I'll buy for one tune/performance, I originally said I won't, but what is $12-15.00. More than willing to pay for one great performance of a tune or group of tunes. As I did here with Trapped!   

• Like 1

Nice to read that all the Giant stadium shows are multi-track recorded and also the complete LA stand. So we can still expect more shows from ‘85. 
Looking forward to hear this release from ‘85.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, unclejosh said:

Just kidding sorta but I as a huge fan of live music, this mentality is so strange to me.  I want EVERY show released. To each their own though.

Cheers.

Yes, I am about done with the series.

A couple of full album shows from 2009 would be nice, but that will be about it for me.

• Like 1

For reasons passing understanding, or maybe just given that I am feeling every bit of my age this afternoon, this concert is precisely what I need.  I intend to immerse myself in mid 80's Springsteen for the rest of the day. 

36 years burning down the road, still standing.  

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3