Greasy Lake Community

New Archive Release: Giants Stadium, August 22, 1985

2 hours ago, unclejosh said:

Just kidding sorta but I as a huge fan of live music, this mentality is so strange to me.  I want EVERY show released. To each their own though.

Yep, add me to this list. Perhaps if we were to end up with 50 USA shows from 1985 (not happening, I know) I’d be a little bit ambivalent by the end, but this is all part of the legacy. 

• Like 2

To my ears, this show offers better sound than the two 1984 shows (Aug. 6 and 20) and even the later 1985 show (Sept. 27) that I purchased. Band is tighter. Mixing of show is better. You can track the evolution of the band's performances from the fall of '84 for sure.

I used to think Aug. 20, 1984 was the BITUSA peak. No more. And speaking of Aug. 20, I am still pissed about that feedback/whistling sound that ruins Born to Run and Detroit Medley for me. Needs a fix!

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

Nice to read that all the Giant stadium shows are multi-track recorded 

No, from reading the essay, shows 1-4 were recorded, shows 5-6 were not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Two Caddies, a Ramrod and the coveted closing slot for the great,great Sherry .....what a summer night in the swamp .....

6 stadium shows at the Meadowswamp, and not a Detroit Medley in sight :(

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 2

This might be my favorite live version of Thunder Road.  The changes in vocal delivery and inflection really hit me hard.  Not sure why but that is why I love live music and you can't judge a show by a setlist. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

No cheers yet because Darlington County is absent from the setlist?:)

Why would there be? This is the 5th show from the tour to be released, and it's been on a grand total of one. 

The song kicked ass on the tour. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lilbud said:

Awsome ! 

Great news to stagger home from work to 

All my aches and pains feel slightly less all of a sudden 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, JimCT said:

8/22/85 you say? :D :D 

122041722_USsummer85.thumb.jpg.09d5612c5199d0e861a3bc2eb63153de.jpg

I wish i had known you in my youth ! 

You amaze me Jim:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, unclejosh said:

....Just kidding sorta but I as a huge fan of live music, this mentality is so strange to me.  I want EVERY show released. To each their own though.

Cheers.

:) I wholeheartedly agree 

Every dam show ! 

Not that i would ever get around to listening to them all because i seem to take 6 months to digest each show :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Yes, I am about done with the series.

A couple of full album shows from 2009 would be nice, but that will be about it for me.

You sound like you have the winter blues:( ....except its summer - still, strange and uncertain times and all that

I bet you $10* Bruce will put out a show you are going to love before the year is out 

That's probably like F**2 :D

** sorry can't find the pound thingy :lol:

• Like 1

Bruce & the band at their bombastic best. Managed to catch all the U.K. shows having previously only seen 2 River shows. This tour cemented my life long love for the mans music & that incredible band. A tear running down my face listening to the sax solo in Trapped. 
amazing memories. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

9 hours ago, JimCT said:

As I’ve said, 1985 is without doubt the global blockbuster year in Bruce’s career. But we only have two official archive releases from it up to now. 
Someone on this forum once said “if it wasn’t recorded, it didn’t happen” which is a rather harsh way of stating the reality of a legacy lost if there is no proof to show future generations. We also now are lead to believe that no official recordings were made in Europe in 1985. Thanks to Jim and fellow tapers of that time, it was recorded and my kids will know that it DID happen. My 6th July 1985 show at Wembley is not just a ticket stub and some photos. It is now a cherished high quality recording with the atmosphere of the show captured beautifully. It was recorded, and it did happen. Like most of Bruce’s career through the magic of bootlegging. 1985 is a milestone year for live music and Bruce Springsteen in particular. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Hug 1

I thought Growin’ Up was a big part of these 85 shows? I have some bootlegs from Sydney and Toronto. And Growin’ Up is apart of these shows. I remember these were pretty stationary by the summer of 85

3 hours ago, Outlaw Darin said:

I thought Growin’ Up was a big part of these 85 shows?

As you can find everything on Brucebase: Growin' Up was performed at two of the six New Jersey shows, including the previous night.

(Must say you can find many things on this website too; there is more to this website than only the forum)

• Like 1

someone can tell me why nugs remove the reviews after setlist in each concert in the site springsteen.net? it was very useful...should we write to nugs?

41 minutes ago, piraza said:

someone can tell me why nugs remove the reviews after setlist in each concert in the site springsteen.net? it was very useful...should we write to nugs?

They're still there for me.

15 hours ago, JimCT said:

Wow …. Does this picture bring back memories: The most I had was over 350 shows at one point! We sure have all come a long way …. I love it buddy!!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2