Greasy Lake Community

"The Banner" - 2002 - 2021; But love is a power greater than death, just like the songs and stories told

• JudgeBrown changed the title to "The Banner" - 2002 - 2021; But love is a power greater than death, just like the songs and stories told
4 minutes ago, Factory Girl said:

I remember bringing that home for the night after the 2 Renschler Field Shows.  It was an honor and I passed it along in Boston I believe.  This is a story Bruce would love.  Someone should give him a shout.

The nursing home worker has.

• Like 7

I was there.  With Quaddy (swear to God), Wildheart, bratosser, smokey.   My first time in the pit.  I was on the C side.  It was incredible.  San Jose, CA 2002.  JudgeBrown was there on Steve's side in the stands if I remember right.  Best show I've ever been to.  

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Hug 1

Such a wonderful and heart warming story.  I signed the banner in Sacramento, California in April 2003.  Does anyone else remember where and when you signed it?

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 2

10 minutes ago, Toots said:

Such a wonderful and heart warming story.  I signed the banner in Sacramento, California in April 2003.  Does anyone else remember where and when you signed it?

Sacramento 2003!  The only show I know of where the GA line wasn't at the venue, but was down and across the street and started at a Blockbuster video store!

Great show if you haven't heard that one BTW - also where I met Toots, GKid, Rocco, JudgeBrown, Quaddy, Bratosser, Ricky was there too - sheesh there were lots of us at that one, can't remember them all

As for signing, I think I signed in Phoenix on that tour

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3

15 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Sadly, I missed this. Great story showing the power of community.

You got here as quickly as you could ;)

It was fun last night, talking about weddings and babies that are now in college - just another reminder that we are 20+ years burning down the road since this group started

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3

I remember signing it at The Frog pub in Paris before the show back in 2002… time really flies by!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toots said:

I believe night 9 Giants Stadium but maybe Pac Bell Park (meet me at Barry's Place).

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I just saw this on FB before I saw this thread.  I haven't read all of the FB thread yet, It's HUGE!

I'm not sure but I think there was a thread about who was taking the banner to each show, where it was going to be, and who they were handing it off to so it would be at the next show.

I know Andrew and myself each took it to several shows both pre and post stink.

• Love Love Love! 3

As this all predates my resurrected fandom am i allowed to ask why does the banner smell... and what does it smell like? 

This is a lovelly thread by the way:)

Thank you for sharing it on the maim board :)

Its really touching that Steve's mom kept the banner 

I know it wasn't a pleasant smell, and that much Febreze was used and the smell was still there.

I know there is a story about what happened to it that it smelled, but I can't remember what it is.

• Haha 2