Greasy Lake Community

NYC ‘Mega-Concert’ Secures Springsteen, Simon, Santana, Journey

To be honest i prefer Bruce's words to because the night but he is always very gracious about Patti's contribution  and its enjoyable - although if you have seen the first two run throughs from the R&RHoF 25th anniversary show i sure hope Ms Smith is practising and staying away from certain substances...

And to her credit Patti is always gracious about her one hit song's origins  

On 7/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

2nd time today ive missread Santana as Sinatra (i keep thinking but he's dead) :D

Still a Sinatra around 

• Like 1

I was hoping to go my whole life without ever seeing Springsteen and Journey on the same bill. Not a chance in hell is even tune in to this on the TV on the chance that I might stumble into Journey.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:06 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

To be honest i prefer Bruce's words to because the night but he is always very gracious about Patti's contribution  and its enjoyable - although if you have seen the first two run throughs from the R&RHoF 25th anniversary show i sure hope Ms Smith is practising and staying away from certain substances...

And to her credit Patti is always gracious about her one hit song's origins  

I'm pretty sure the only "substance" Patti indulges in these days is coffee, and it's been that way for a long time. On the other hand, judging from her books and instagram account, I know the amounts she seemingly consumes wouldn't leave me unaffected, that's for sure ... :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I was hoping to go my whole life without ever seeing Springsteen and Journey on the same bill. Not a chance in hell is even tune in to this on the TV on the chance that I might stumble into Journey.

I feel the same way on Journey and throw Patti Smith in there with Paul Simon on top of the heap. No interest in even seeing a short clip from this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

I feel the same way on Journey and throw Patti Smith in there with Paul Simon on top of the heap. No interest in even seeing a short clip from this. 

Might as well just have Phil Collins out there with him to duet on Real Man to finish the show.

• Haha 1

Are they restricting this to vaccinated people only? How would you enforce that? One point of entry for thousands of people?

Sorry to be a wet poncho but...they need to call this thing off. Look at what happened up in Ptown, Mass. This gathering will be twice the size...& in more confined spaces. Delta will be there....& you don't even need a ticket for the flight. 

Call it off. Many of the performers are in the at-risk group....including you-know-who. Remember you can still catch this thing even if you've been vax'ed.

Ok, I'm ready.....Start throwing the rotten tomatoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

Presale started.  2 tickets in Section F, row 2 with fees $10,250.  I live across the street from Central Park will watch on TV.  

Wow.  You couldn't pay me that much to attend that show. 

• Haha 2

Almost 5 thousand bucks a ticket. Forget what I said about thousands of people, but where are all the rich and famous 1-percenters going to land their helicopters or park their limos?

Welcome Back New York 1%ers & rich & famous... Ridiculous.....abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. Hey Bruce, I wouldn't bother inviting any of your old friends in Freehold. Just stick to your gold-plated friends in Colt's Neck. You can limo or chopper them all up to the park.

15 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

Wow.  You couldn't pay me that much to attend that show. 

Man, that’s a tough call. I would probably take that money to attend. If you made me watch and listen, that’d probably be a deal breaker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like there are only a couple of hundred expensive seats and GA standing area ($3500).  Tens of thousands of regular GA, I don't know if it is free to them.  

On 7/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Jertucky said:

Might as well just have Phil Collins out there with him to duet on Real Man to finish the show.

Hay ! :o

Phil Collins is worth a thousand Barry Manalows :D

Plus all those people ive never heard if :ph34r:

6 hours ago, JustDan said:

Are they restricting this to vaccinated people only? How would you enforce that? One point of entry for thousands of people?

Sorry to be a wet poncho but...they need to call this thing off. Look at what happened up in Ptown, Mass. This gathering will be twice the size...& in more confined spaces. Delta will be there....& you don't even need a ticket for the flight. 

Call it off. Many of the performers are in the at-risk group....including you-know-who. Remember you can still catch this thing even if you've been vax'ed.

Ok, I'm ready.....Start throwing the rotten tomatoes.

After reading Nings attached link about the delta variant over in loose ends in the covid thread im definatly agreeing with you 

I dont want Bruce or any one other person taking unnecessary risks with this thing 

https://khn.org/news/article/unraveling-the-mysterious-mutations-that-make-delta-the-most-transmissible-covid-virus-yet/

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I dont want Bruce or any one other person taking unnecessary risks with this thing 

I'm guessing that each act will be in its own 'bubble' and that all performers will be tested. If the 'bubble' theory is correct, that would rule out Bruce appearing with The Killers as well as Patti Smith. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm guessing that each act will be in its own 'bubble' and that all performers will be tested. If the 'bubble' theory is correct, that would rule out Bruce appearing with The Killers as well as Patti Smith. 

So the hologram method ?

Bruce can stay home and beam in from the barn