Greasy Lake Community

2022/23 tour: arenas vs. stadiums, length, timing

15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Foo Fighters were in STL last week 17,000 people. No papers required. No fever check. Get Vax'ed and carry on.

Is Bruce that much different? 

Yeah but when is their world tour!!?  Bruce is playing on Broadway - but he ain't on tour!  We (here in the UK) are not even allowed to set foot in the USA at present - my point was that the world is broken at this precise moment in time (I think everyone would agree) and it is going to have to be in a much better place than it is right now before we find ourselves in the scrum for tickets as a result of a tour announcement!  Bottom line I live in hope of a tour at least "starting" some time in 2022 - but - I don't see as something that is nalied on / a given. I personally think (hope) it WILL happen, (kick off at least) but it might be 2023 before it reaches Europe and beyond!? 

I stand by my comment that the world simply isn't there to BE experienced at the moment..........and this time around it is not in the hands of Bruce Inc. alone as to what plans they might want to execute right now!  

15 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Surely by next spring/summer thing will look much better with regard to covid levels and rules on vaccination proof ?

we all hope so but you have to look at france to see how complicated it can be at minute

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/09/uk-holidaymakers-france-facing-vaccine-passport-chaos/

• Like 1

Just now, LeoGetz said:

Covid or no Covid, I don't see Bruce and the ESB ever touring again. Broadway and maybe some selected appearances here and there. 

I think they're really looking forward to tour again in 2022 and are planning as we speak. Will it happen? Time will tell and it's likely they'll take a "cautious" approach. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Covid or no Covid, I don't see Bruce and the ESB ever touring again. Broadway and maybe some selected appearances here and there. 

Bruce did say on the Zoe ball chat he was hoping to tour next year if my mind dosent deceive me

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

We've had it from the horses mouth (more than once) that a tour is their intention just as soon as they are "able" to consider doing so, and indeed that was their plans before Covid happened (the "San Siro toast" in the Letter To You film/doc) - so I personally have absolutely no reason at all to doubt (helath permitting) that a tour WILL happen - but the big question is WHEN?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceWho said:

We've had it from the horses mouth (more than once) that a tour is their intention just as soon as they are "able" to consider doing so, and indeed that was their plans before Covid happened (the "San Siro toast" in the Letter To You film/doc) - so I personally have absolutely no reason at all to doubt (helath permitting) that a tour WILL happen - but the big question is WHEN?   

Didn't know that. What's the San Siro toast?

57 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

At about twenty minutes in the LTY documentary, we can see Bruce, Steve, Nils, Landau, and the E Streeters toasting to the recording day, and celebrating “hitting the road” again on the upcoming tour with a shot or two. Mysterious park fans must have clearly been around the barn as well. ;)

Much has been speculated about what is said in this scene. What was probably a hyperbole or a joke (starting a tour with a four night stand in San Siro, and that being just the matinee there, according to Landau’s last remark), followed by some genuine comments about some of his most dedicated fans, has been taken by some viewers as a fact, as dates set in stone. IMHO it’s highly improbable that at the time - Bruce and the band were still recording the album - a detailed tour schedule was in the making. For sure, the planned touring behind LTY, but that was of course before COVID. 

25 minutes ago, Frank said:

At about twenty minutes in the LTY documentary, we can see Bruce, Steve, Landau, Patti and a few E Streeters toasting to the recording day, and celebrating what was supposed to be the upcoming tour with a shot or two. Mysterious park fans must have clearly been around the barn as well. ;) Much has been speculated about what is said in this scene. What was probably a hyperbole or a joke (starting a tour with a four night stand in San Siro, and that being just the matinee there, according to Landau’s last remark), followed by some genuine comments about some of his most dedicated fans, has been taken by some viewers as a fact, as dates set in stone. IMHO it’s highly improbable that at the time - Bruce and the band were still recording the album - a detailed tour schedule was in the making. For sure, the planned touring behind LTY, but that was of course before COVID. 

Thanks! I haven't seen the LTY doc yet. So this is all new to me.

44 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Thanks! I haven't seen the LTY doc yet. So this is all new to me.

You’re welcome. As I said, to me, the reference to such a huge San Siro stand was no more than a joke at the time, but a stadium tour was clearly supposed to take place. 

Here’s the transcript. The scene takes place just after the cutting of ‘Last Man Standing’.

Bruce: “Gentlemen and ladies, here’s to the road” (all laugh)

All: “Yeah”

Steve: “San Siro!”

Bruce repeats: “San Siro!” (laughter)

Steve: “Opening in San Siro!” (laughter)

Somebody, maybe Roy: “Oh San Siro, here you go”

Nils: “First of four nights” (laughter)

Bruce repeats: “First of four nights” (laughter)

Steve: “Oh, I like that!” 

Somebody, maybe Roy: “Right?”

Steve: “Four nights in San Siro!” (laughter)

Steve: “That’s half of the Italian population! (laughter)

Somebody, maybe Roy: “Why not?”

Landau: “It’s the entire population - and that’s just the matinee! (more laughter)

Then the discourse turns to the musicality of the Italian fans (and people) and later to Bruce’s mother and aunts.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

There are a few advantages to playing stadiums for Bruce & Co in addition to more $$$ per show.

Most stadiums that they will play, maybe all, will be outside which we have been told all along is safer than being inside when around large groups of people.

Bruce and the band are farther from the audience when on a stadium stage compared to an arena stage so it should be safer for the band.

They can play for the same number of people in fewer shows which means fewer chances of being exposed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

There are a few advantages to playing stadiums for Bruce & Co in addition to more $$$ per show.

Most stadiums that they will play, maybe all, will be outside which we have been told all along is safer than being inside when around large groups of people.

Bruce and the band are farther from the audience when on a stadium stage compared to an arena stage so it should be safer for the band.

They can play for the same number of people in fewer shows which means fewer chances of being exposed.

Agreed. And as far as I remember in 1985 stadium shows, Bruce was nowhere near fans at any point apart from a dance with a girl at the end of DITD (certainly no clutching hands with fans like has been the case in the last 20 years). Fans didn’t even strum his guitar during Born to Run back then, and the crowd participation was every bit as good as it has been since. The stage set up could be just like it was back in 1985. 

https://youtu.be/IxuThNgl3YA

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

Your points above are all valid, tough I guess the whole band will be vaccinated before they hit the road. The simple risk of having a band member in quarantine at any moment would be too high for any promoter. Not to mention the hassle of travelling from countries to countries without some sort of COVID pass. When it happens, it will be a stadium tour simple because this has been the standard E Street summer format since year 2K.    

14 hours ago, Frank said:
15 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

At about twenty minutes in the LTY documentary, we can see Bruce, Steve, Nils, Landau, and the E Streeters toasting to the recording day, and celebrating “hitting the road” again on the upcoming tour with a shot or two. Mysterious park fans must have clearly been around the barn as well. ;)

Much has been speculated about what is said in this scene. What was probably a hyperbole or a joke (starting a tour with a four night stand in San Siro, and that being just the matinee there, according to Landau’s last remark), followed by some genuine comments about some of his most dedicated fans, has been taken by some viewers as a fact, as dates set in stone. IMHO it’s highly improbable that at the time - Bruce and the band were still recording the album - a detailed tour schedule was in the making. For sure, the planned touring behind LTY, but that was of course before COVID. 

Yes - when I referenced the "San Siro Toast" I personally didn't for one minute think that anything was "in place" with regards to the San Siro OR indeed the tour itself (at that point) - I mentioned the toast (along with Bruce again quite recently confirming that their plans were/are to tour) purely in response / reply to the poster who was suggesting that they didn't think the ESB would ever tour again!  

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Bruce was nowhere near fans at any point apart from a dance with a girl at the end of DITD (certainly no clutching hands with fans like has been the case in the last 20 years). Fans didn’t even strum his guitar during Born to Run back then,

one consolation then no Sunny day whoopee 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think we're gonna see much of the same as we did for the last tour. I also think the days of back to back shows are gone. That sucks for fans like us who travel; look for changes or simply fucking hates waiting!!! lol

I've seen over 123 shows and I can DEFINITELY tell you that a second straight nights energy is MUCH more on fire than if he skipped an evening. 

Personally, I'd like to see them play arenas but loose the behind the stage seating - simply keep the show front/center. That would also keep him less active, thus preserving him for the 2025 Tour!! Now, if we can only keep him from spending so much time in the audience, as he has this past decade - then we REALLY have a chance haha

Brad

32 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

from that article: "My primary goal is to keep healthy so I can continue singing for the next decade or longer," she said. :D, she's 73 right now, I believe her performing at 83 is a bit much. 

Yeah you are probably right although Tony Bennet is going on tour at 95 and Sir Mick at 78 is half way through that decade she refers to and is a lot more energtic on stage than she! I guess the book is still being written!!  

• Like 1