Greasy Lake Community

2022/23 tour: arenas vs. stadiums, length, timing

10 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Sir Mick at 78 is half way through that decade

i swear the stones have been frozen and brought back to life im 10 yrs younger and could hardly jump on stage never mind prance around like  Jagger amazing

32 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Yeah you are probably right although Tony Bennet is going on tour at 95 and Sir Mick at 78 is half way through that decade she refers to and is a lot more energtic on stage than she! I guess the book is still being written!!  

But ... but ... Bruce ain't Mick or Tony ... he's somewhere in between :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceHistory said:

I think we're gonna see much of the same as we did for the last tour. I also think the days of back to back shows are gone. That sucks for fans like us who travel; look for changes or simply fucking hates waiting!!! lol

I've seen over 123 shows and I can DEFINITELY tell you that a second straight nights energy is MUCH more on fire than if he skipped an evening.

I thought they'd already given up back-to-back shows.

1 hour ago, BruceWho said:

Yeah you are probably right although Tony Bennet is going on tour at 95 and Sir Mick at 78 is half way through that decade she refers to and is a lot more energtic on stage than she! I guess the book is still being written!!  

The difference between you and I, I go to a show to see a show. Someone sitting on a stroll isn't a show to me. I might feel a bit different in 20 years. But until than I want RnR!  

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

The difference between you and I, I go to a show to see a show. Someone sitting on a stroll isn't a show to me. I might feel a bit different in 20 years. But until than I want RnR!  

Not sure what you are getting at here - I too want RnR - you've lost me!!?, oh, and are the Stones NOT RnR then!!!? 

1 minute ago, BruceWho said:

Not sure what you are getting at here - I too want RnR - you've lost me!!?, oh, and are the Stones NOT RnR then!!!? 

Charlie Watts is 80 and called it quits. Stones are coming to STL in September (maybe) after cancelling last year, took me forever to get my money back. Won't go until the very end and hope for some cheap seats. Funny thing is last year I was willing to pay $250 per this year it more like $50 per. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Charlie Watts is 80 and called it quits. Stones are coming to STL in September (maybe) after cancelling last year, took me forever to get my money back. Won't go until the very end and hope for some cheap seats. Funny thing is last year I was willing to pay $250 per this year it more like $50 per. 

I think the Stones have an opening act.  Find a scalper with tickets about the time the show starts or when the opening act is playing.  Offer him $40 each for a pair that gets you inside.  He'll say the lowest he can go for a pair will be $200.  tell him nope, $50 is your top price.  If he tells you he would rather eat the tickets than sell them at that price pull out some packets of ketchup, soy sauce, mayo, salt, and pepper and tell him that it won't matter what he puts on them they won't taste as good as the meal he can get for your $100 that you offered for the pair.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

I thought they'd already given up back-to-back shows.

Well on the last tour it happened for the first time because he had neck surgery in 2015, thus - will that trend continue; etc 

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Charlie Watts is 80 and called it quits.

Not exactly.  He's not touring because he unexpectedly had to have a medical procedure and there isn't enough recovery time before the start of the tour.  No indication that he won't be back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Not exactly.  He's not touring because he unexpectedly had to have a medical procedure and there isn't enough recovery time before the start of the tour.  No indication that he won't be back.

They indeed plan to tour Europe next summer. 

• Love Love Love! 1

49 minutes ago, Rizla said:

That is what happens when you're 80.

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Charlie Watts is 80 and called it quits. 

umm....dude, Charlie is not calling it "quits". He opted out of this tour because of recent surgery. "I'm pleased to have Steve Jordan keeping my stool warm and helping the band out while I recuperate. I shall return".

Please pay attention.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't see that there can be any plans for a 2022 tour to "start" down under!!! (as I thought any tour might at one point) :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58182418

I'm sticking with my hunch form earlier in the week that "IF" a tour happens in 2022 it will be that it may "start" during 2022 but on home soil ans probably another year from now - with any overseas dates being in 2023!!? 

9 hours ago, Fabrice said:

They indeed plan to tour Europe next summer. 

That would be great! Do you have any additional information about it? Thanks

3 hours ago, Frank said:

That would be great! Do you have any additional information about it? Thanks

"They" refers to the Stones (as Charlie Watts's health was mentionned). There has been several pieces in the French press about "negociations" with festivals and a special event show in Paris. I think that this has been covered in IORR (a forum dedicated to the Stones). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fabrice said:

"They" refers to the Stones (as Charlie Watts's health was mentionned). There has been several pieces in the French press about "negociations" with festivals and a special event show in Paris. I think that this has been covered in IORR (a forum dedicated to the Stones). 

Thank you. I’d love to see them there! (Sorry for going OT)

21 hours ago, Rizla said:

20 hours ago, JustDan said:

umm....dude, Charlie is not calling it "quits". He opted out of this tour because of recent surgery. "I'm pleased to have Steve Jordan keeping my stool warm and helping the band out while I recuperate. I shall return".

Please pay attention.

Lets go drumming for a couple hours every other night with the Rolling Stones. 

image.thumb.png.58cad87d7f9bfa357315a695991cd0ee.png

35 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Lets go drumming for a couple hours every other night with the Rolling Stones. 

image.thumb.png.58cad87d7f9bfa357315a695991cd0ee.png

Dude....what's yer point? He's said he's not quitting the band. What's the point of the pic? 

Just now, JustDan said:

Dude....what are you trying to argue? He's said he's not quitting the band. What's the point of the pic? 

Dude, are we going back to our old ways? I hope not! Not meant to be a dig at you or Rizla 

The point of the pic is, "to me he looks frail as hell" and not even close to drum for a couple hours every couple night. And if he's not ready this time, he only gets older. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Dude, are we going back to our old ways? I hope not! Not meant to be a dig at you or Rizla 

The point of the pic is, "to me he looks frail as hell" and not even close to drum for a couple hours every couple night. And if he's not ready this time, he only gets older. 

Alright, I’ll give you this….Time waits for no one…& it won’t wait for him. If he’s healthy he can still do it. He’s not healthy right now.

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

There’s something nasty about an 80 year old man talking about his warm stool…

Oh shit :blink:

• Like 1