Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on Mastermind

On 8/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Born To Walk said:

Well, not the man himself, but someone answering questions on him. Monday 7:30 BBC2

image.png.ccbf7d1fb60b0ff6dfc48e419da0583d.png

It's the guy on the right.

• Thanks 1

Which of Springsteen’s most regularly performed songs is the opening track of the album Darkness On The Edge Of Town?

Spoiler

Badlands

In 2021 an 8 part podcast was release entitled Renegades comprised conversations between Springsteen and which American politician?

Spoiler

Barrack Obama

What was the make of Springsteen’s first electric guitar, made in Japan bought for $69

Spoiler

Sunburst Kemp

In May 1972 Springsteen was auditioned by the talent scout and record producer John Hammond who signed him shortly afterwards to which American label?

Spoiler

Columbia Records

Springsteen and the saxophonist Clarence Clemons who were friends and fellow musicians for 40 years first played together in September 1971 at which bar in Asbury Park?

Spoiler

Student Prince

Two musicians are credited with cameo appearances on the 1973 album WIESS, one was saxophonist Al Tellone, who is the other on congas and percussion?

Spoiler

Richard Blackwell

Springsteen wrote his classic album BTR while living in a rented cottage with the strange address of 7 1/2 West End Court in which city in New Jersey?

Spoiler

Long Branch

In October 2017 Springsteen began a New York concert residency called Springsteen On Broadway which ran for more than 230 performances at which theatre on West 48th Street?

Spoiler

Walter Kerr

In Springsteen’s live performances he often inserts a few lines of the classic soul hit It Takes Two into which of his own songs?

Spoiler

Two Hearts

According to Springsteen his first stadium show ever was on 1 June 1985 in Ireland at which rural venue in County Meath?

Spoiler

Slane Castle

hat was the B Side of Springsteen’s multi award winning single The Streets Of Philadelphia which reached No 2 in the UK chart in 1994?

Spoiler

If I Should Fall Behind

The 2009 Hard Rock Calling concert in Hyde Park included a guest appearance by Brian Fallon of the band The Gaslight Anthem on which song?

Spoiler

No Surrender

Which filmmaker directed the 1996 documentary Blood Brothers based on the studio reunion the previous year of the E Street Band at The Hit Factory, NYC?

Spoiler

Ernie Fritz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Q1 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q2 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q3 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q4 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q5 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q6 - Can you feel the spirit?

Q7 - Can you feel the spirit?

etc

There you go Bruce, see how you bloody like it!

:lol:You have me taping my feet already 

And humming 

I can't sing and i can't dance :lol: but  spirit always  makes me want to 

Between us we would have known all the answers and felt sheepish at the ones we got wrong :lol:

I thought the question  choice was quite good, nothing too hard but i got a couple wrong 

Certainly not for the casual bucket lister dance we me Bruce fan

10 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Which of Springsteen’s most regularly performed songs is the opening track of the album Darkness On The Edge Of Town?

Reveal hidden contents

Badlands

In 2021 an 8 part podcast was release entitled Renegades comprised conversations between Springsteen and which American politician?

Reveal hidden contents

Barrack Obama

What was the make of Springsteen’s first electric guitar, made in Japan bought for $69

Reveal hidden contents

Sunburst Kemp

In May 1972 Springsteen was auditioned by the talent scout and record producer John Hammond who signed him shortly afterwards to which American label?

Reveal hidden contents

Columbia Records

Springsteen and the saxophonist Clarence Clemons who were friends and fellow musicians for 40 years first played together in September 1971 at which bar in Asbury Park?

Reveal hidden contents

Student Prince

Two musicians are credited with cameo appearances on the 1973 album WIESS, one was saxophonist Al Tellone, who is the other on congas and percussion?

Reveal hidden contents

Richard Blackwell

Springsteen wrote his classic album BTR while living in a rented cottage with the strange address of 7 1/2 West End Court in which city in New Jersey?

Reveal hidden contents

Long Branch

In October 2017 Springsteen began a New York concert residency called Springsteen On Broadway which ran for more than 230 performances at which theatre on West 48th Street?

Reveal hidden contents

Walter Kerr

In Springsteen’s live performances he often inserts a few lines of the classic soul hit It Takes Two into which of his own songs?

Reveal hidden contents

Two Hearts

According to Springsteen his first stadium show ever was on 1 June 1985 in Ireland at which rural venue in County Meath?

Reveal hidden contents

Slane Castle

hat was the B Side of Springsteen’s multi award winning single The Streets Of Philadelphia which reached No 2 in the UK chart in 1994?

Reveal hidden contents

If I Should Fall Behind

The 2009 Hard Rock Calling concert in Hyde Park included a guest appearance by Brian Fallon of the band The Gaslight Anthem on which song?

Reveal hidden contents

No Surrender

Which filmmaker directed the 1996 documentary Blood Brothers based on the studio reunion the previous year of the E Street Band at The Hit Factory, NYC?

Reveal hidden contents

Ernie Fritz

Q3. 'Kemp' ?  Shouldn't that be 'Kent'?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Didn’t know Streets of Philadelphia made no.2 in the UK singles charts. I thought Dancing in the Dark was Bruce’s highest ranked UK single at No. 4. 

I found that surprising as well, but I've just been reading up about it and it's true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Omg.

:lol:I bet even Bruce can't get it all correct.

Well for starters he's wrong about Slane Castle being his first ever stadium show.  That was 2 months earlier here in Brisbane, at QEII Stadium.  45000 people.   I'm kind of pissed that he forgot about us.

Then again, he also thinks it's "sways", so I shouldn't take it too personally..the old boy is clearly losing it.   

QSAC-2021-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Easy

Easy

My knowledge of guitars is so poor that I even managed to mis-type the answer above

Straightforward enough

Answered the first Asbury Park club that came into my head, but it was the wrong one

I knew this due to his guest appearance at the 2009 MSG album show

Couldn't recall the answer before it was given, even though I should have been able to

This had dropped down the pecking order of facts in my brain and was struggling to make it to the top before the contestant gave the answer

Easy, so very surprising that contestant didn't know

Not a problem

Didn't have a Scoobie

I would have got this right I'm sure, but contestant answered before I could even start to think

No idea, although I was pretty sure it predated Thom Zimny 

• Like 3

he did well and for a blind/partial sighted guy even better. 

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Didn't have a Scoobie

me neither

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

No idea, although I was pretty sure it predated Thom Zimny 

stumped me as well, i knew rest but whether i would have remembered sat in that chair is doubtful

3 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Well for starters he's wrong about Slane Castle being his first ever stadium show.  That was 2 months earlier here in Brisbane, at QEII Stadium.  45000 people.   I'm kind of pissed that he forgot about us.

Then again, he also thinks it's "sways", so I shouldn't take it too personally..the old boy is clearly losing it.   

QSAC-2021-2.jpg

Nope. First one was in Syracuse 1985