Greasy Lake Community

Excerpt from Stevens upcoming Autobiography

On 8/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, Rizla said:

I know.  That was my point.

12 year old me lapped it up

my Dad was dulely dispatched, birthday list in hand down to the local record shop 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:54 AM, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

I still don't know why everyone is so down on Crush On You.  To me it's one of the coolest pop rock songs he's made.  And a lot of the same people defend the MOR dross of HT, WOAD and even HH. I would trade all 3 of those albums for a Crush On You single.

Oh dear...So i have to trade my Roll Of The Dice/Real World/All Or Nothin' At All Trifecta for Crush On You ? Thats a little Sophie's Choicey for me .....If I can have You Can Look Also i guess Roll Of The Dice is would have to go ...But i'm not thrilled :lol:

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:26 AM, Early North Jersey said:

Oh dear...So i have to trade my Roll Of The Dice/Real World/All Or Nothin' At All Trifecta for Crush On You ? Thats a little Sophie's Choicey for me .....If I can have You Can Look Also i guess Roll Of The Dice is would have to go ...But i'm not thrilled :lol:

Let's be clear. If you and I did a trade, you'd be getting a copy of HT (along with WOAD and HH).   And if you give me any trouble, I'll throw in the SVZ remix of 57 Channels, just to spite you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Let's be clear. If you and I did a trade, you'd be getting a copy of HT (along with WOAD and HH).   And if you give me any trouble, I'll throw in the SVZ remix of 57 Channels, just to spite you.

:lol:....As long as we understand that Sherry,Two Hearts, Caddy, I'm A Rocker and Ramrod are off the table i would consider your kind offer

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

he'll take it

and then he can gift me that remix

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, el sergio said:

@StevieVanZandt

Can you believe the three countries with no publisher yet are France, Sweden, and NORWAY!

7:33 PM · Sep 15, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

im sure if they really want to read it they can just buy an English version from Amazon  

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im sure if they really want to read it they can just buy an English version from Amazon  

I always try to buy the original English version if possible, but Amazon, NO WAY, never ever bought anything on Amazon

I support my Shop-Around-the-Corner-bookstoreThe-Shop-Around-the-Corner-bookstore-in-Movie-Youve-Got-Mail-1.jpg.d48ef1b8e50ebff2ec18d74118b0a5dd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, el sergio said:

I always try to buy the original English version if possible, but Amazon, NO WAY, never ever bought anything on Amazon

I support my Shop-Around-the-Corner-bookstoreThe-Shop-Around-the-Corner-bookstore-in-Movie-Youve-Got-Mail-1.jpg.d48ef1b8e50ebff2ec18d74118b0a5dd.jpg

actually so do i 

i buy from Amazon as a bitter last resort 

its going to be an interesting read 

i always thought C was the 2nd most visible person after Bruce

and i would not call Steve and Bruce band mates because that suggects equality and Hay ! Bruce is actually the Boss 

http://"Steven Van Zandt Blames Bruce Springsteen For His Decision To Leave The E Street Band - Rock Celebrities" https://rockcelebrities.net/steven-van-zandt-blames-bruce-springsteen-for-his-decision-to-leave-the-e-street-band/

I'm only up to page 276 but I have to say it's very, very readable, really easy to hear it in Steve's voice, and there are plenty of good and surprising things that make it well-worth reading. The man has crammed his working life with so many ventures, it is quite breath-taking to see them all in one go. I do hope this sells well for him and can count as a successful venture:-)

To avoid any spoilers, I will only say that there is the cutest photo of Steve as a young lad. Oh, and if you haven't seen "The Sopranos" but were planning on doing so, skip page 274!

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

All finished reading "Unrequited Infatuations" - wow! What a busy life to date, with much more to come I fervently hope:-)

The sun is shining so it is time to break out "Summer of Sorcery" again.

And even though I'm not sure how to use multi-quotes here, for "Born To Walk": if I hadn't, ironically given your fab name, been on an "AUOB/'Yes'" march yesterday, I'd have finished the book sooner; I'm a much, much quicker reader than I am a marcher:-) It is a really good read and SVZ is a born raconteur, along with all the many, many other strings to his bow.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, catfish said:

Steve is Steve what you see is what you get.  

Alpha Male in your face guitar player, voice like its been chewing on sand paper for years  (as a ageing rock singer should sound- love it myself ) always very opinionated and believes in many subjects with passion and not a yes man in and out of the studio.   

Thank god some people like him are still in the music business and to view him riding on Bruce' s success is forgetting his been around since all but day one and his work around the darkness period is always over looked .

No doubt his book will be full of fun ,rock & roll stories, pub bawls that never happen and some lovely little bits about the E.S.B we can all enjoy which must all be better then reading about the wind blowing in a bloody tree. 

Happily no chapters about medication ,depression, mental health and complaining he didn't get breast fed as a child  -how refreshing in today's book world. 

His well up his own arse ,old school , mouthy git over weight and wears pink and can still kick arse on a stage at anytime with anyone    ...... just how a proper ageing old rock singer should be .  

love it ! 

Great post, in so many ways.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2021 at 9:39 PM, catfish said:

Steve is Steve what you see is what you get.  

Alpha Male in your face guitar player, voice like its been chewing on sand paper for years  (as a ageing rock singer should sound- love it myself ) always very opinionated and believes in many subjects with passion and not a yes man in and out of the studio.   

Thank god some people like him are still in the music business and to view him riding on Bruce' s success is forgetting his been around since all but day one and his work around the darkness period is always over looked .

No doubt his book will be full of fun ,rock & roll stories, pub bawls that never happen and some lovely little bits about the E.S.B we can all enjoy which must all be better then reading about the wind blowing in a bloody tree. 

Happily no chapters about medication ,depression, mental health and complaining he didn't get breast fed as a child  -how refreshing in today's book world. 

His well up his own arse ,old school , mouthy git over weight and wears pink and can still kick arse on a stage at anytime with anyone    ...... just how a proper ageing old rock singer should be .  

love it ! 

ok you've sold it ! 

So, I bought the audio-book (read by Steven himself) this morning, and I've just listened to the prologue.

It would be unfrair to judge a book by its cover (or by prologue), but the level of unrequited and (un-required) self-entitlement so far would be over the top even if the book was "Chronicles vol. 2-3" written by that guy who died at Graceland.

I really hope he'll try and do some effort to get in touch with the solar system from chapter I on...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

Those 5 pages that comprise the prologue aren't indicative of the rest of the book, and SVZ returns to the subject covered in the prologue in context later in the book - do keep listening, I urge you.

Well, I really hope so, otherwise the guy really needs a straightjacket. ;)

(I can't post anything easily so I usually resort to posting a little part and then editing the post to elaborate - apologies for the haphazard nature of this.)

The tone of the prologue isn't 'self-entitlement' so much as 'self-deprecating', as I read it. He doesn't spare himself in questioning what on Earth has he done to arrive at the place he's at now in the prologue.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, JoleBlonAlba said:

All finished reading "Unrequited Infatuations" - wow! What a busy life to date, with much more to come I fervently hope:-)

The sun is shining so it is time to break out "Summer of Sorcery" again.

And even though I'm not sure how to use multi-quotes here, for "Born To Walk": if I hadn't, ironically given your fab name, been on an "AUOB/'Yes'" march yesterday, I'd have finished the book sooner; I'm a much, much quicker reader than I am a marcher:-) It is a really good read and SVZ is a born raconteur, along with all the many, many other strings to his bow.

Thanks for your review

• Like 1