Greasy Lake Community

How many times have you seen Bruce in concert?

Show Count   

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen Bruce live in concert?

• None
    • 1-4
    • 5-14
    • 15-24
    • 25-34
    • 35-44
    • 45+
    • 100+

On this date The River Tour arrived in Chicago for the first of three nights at the Rosemont Horizon.  This was my first show, went 2 nights.  Wanted to see him live in the late 70s but nobody else I knew back then wanted to see him.
KINGDOM OF DAYS: SEPTEMBER 8

Chicago Tribune review from 9/8/81.  I use to always read her rock concert reviews.

image.png.01b52613455455db30f2aa790500c452.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

On this date The River Tour arrived in Chicago for the first of three nights at the Rosemont Horizon.  This was my first show, went 2 nights.  Wanted to see him live in the late 70s but nobody else I knew back then wanted to see him.
KINGDOM OF DAYS: SEPTEMBER 8

Chicago Tribune review from 9/8/81.  I use to always read her rock concert reviews.

image.png.01b52613455455db30f2aa790500c452.png

Woah ....wait a minute ...There were tickets available for Tuesday's show ? Wheres my damn time machine ?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, catfish said:

If your under 100 plus you should be kicked off this site fined and asked to explained why not then only allowed back when your a real fan.  

Is 'could have been 100 plus with shows of that horrible 1992-1993 tour; but I did not go because...well because it was horrible' a good enough reason for you?

I feel for you ENJ!   49, times, 51 if you count SOB and every one of them treasured memories of awesome shows and good friends!   I did miss out on the Ghost of Tom Joad Tour, could not get a ticket, switched jobs and had to keep a tight hold on my money.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lampi said:

Is 'could have been 100 plus with shows of that horrible 1992-1993 tour; but I did not go because...well because it was horrible' a good enough reason for you?

Must add 'that horrible 1992-1993 tour' is not my personal opinion.

And even the clothes in 1992-1993 were not as bad as in 1984-1985.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

I feel for you ENJ!   49, times, 51 if you count SOB and every one of them treasured memories of awesome shows and good friends!   I did miss out on the Ghost of Tom Joad Tour, could not get a ticket, switched jobs and had to keep a tight hold on my money.

Its interesting Marie ....1981 and 1985 hurt .....1988 i wasn't a big TOL fan and was never really someone who had the means to scalp so it didnt bother me THAT much until some kind soul sent me a bootleg ( i think 5-3-88) and realized i'd missed that You Can Look/I'm A Coward Medley ...not to mention the fact that The Nassau shows were two of the last to ever feature the classic Detroit Medley ...... Bothers me more now than it did then i think

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

what's the St Lukes recording ?

9 May 2006.

JOHN HENRY / O MARY DON'T YOU WEEP / HOW CAN A POOR MAN STAND SUCH TIMES AND LIVE? / HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING? / MRS. McGRATH / MRS. McGRATH / MY OKLAHOMA HOME / JACOB'S LADDER / WE SHALL OVERCOME / O MARY DON'T YOU WEEP / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN

Concert held in the eighteenth-century St. Luke Old Street church, now a music centre operated by the London Symphony Orchestra. Two runthroughs of "O Mary Don't You Weep" and "Mrs. McGrath", while "Jacob's Ladder" requires a restart after an amusing Bruce mistake. Horn section is Baron-Manion-Ramm-Gayton.

• Thanks 1

This has been one of the longest stretches between shows since my first concert at the LA Sports Arena, April 22, 1988.  March 17, 2016, River Tour, LA Sports Arena.  It will likely be more than six years before the next show.  Time moves way too quick.  

4 for me.

2009- Baltimore

2014 - Hershey

2016 - Washington and Baltimore.

I really regret missing the Wrecking Ball Tour.

113 and counting - 40 years - 14 countries

17 USA  -  96 Europe

85 x ESB  -  13 x 92/93 Band  -  6 x SSB  -  8 x Solo (GOTJ & D&D)  -  1 x Broadway 

(and yet I'm still envious of County Fair ha!)   

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

On 9/9/2021 at 9:54 PM, Early North Jersey said:

not to mention the fact that The Nassau shows were two of the last to ever feature the classic Detroit Medley

Is that the 2 x Nassau Coliseum gigs on the TOL tour in '88 ENJ? - if so those were my first ever US shows and I didn't know that snippet of info ref the DM!? 

• Like 1