Greasy Lake Community

Greasy Lake on 9-11-2001 - 20 years later

2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I was just about to post the same thing..  great to see his ugly mug

miss you firerich…

It sure was.  And I miss him too.  

And that beginning shot with Rich was before anything happened, and it was Rich teasing the other firefighter and laughing.  So cool to see it.

Cell phone shot of my TV

E33D023C-BF4D-4A75-B1C1-F16C84A89C66.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

im.watching the specials tvnz have on dept

i dont think the cnn one is one of them

i have upgraded by hanky to an old soft pillowcase

im seeing stuff i dont remenber seeing because by the time we woke up things were impossibly bad.

but before the first tower fell things jist looked really bad 

im yelling at the tv run ! run ! run ! get home 

the fireman are going in :(

so many times over the years we have thought about all that toxic dust and all the people who breathed it in that day 

14 hours ago, judyg said:

I just saw Rich on TV.  CNN is playing the documentary called 9/11. There were 2 filmmakers following along with Rich’s firehouse in September 2001. The story was supposed to be about a probationary firefighter, but they happened to be with the firefighters and on the scene on 9/11, so it turned into a documentary about the day and the firefighters.  If you get CNN, turn it on.  Rich is in one of the very first scenes. I’ve seen the documentary before, and he’s in it in several places.  Even if you don’t know Rich, this is a great film about 9/11.

Was probably the 2 French filmmakers who ended up making that documentary.  I remember watching it and the story behind it.  Rich was quite the character on here, calling his wife 'the frying pan' LOL.  What happened to Miami Mark?

1 hour ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Was probably the 2 French filmmakers who ended up making that documentary.  I remember watching it and the story behind it.  Rich was quite the character on here, calling his wife 'the frying pan' LOL.  What happened to Miami Mark?

Yes it was the film by the 2 French filmmakers.   

Miami MArk died of cancer in 2015.  

• Sad 2

I was here on that day. I checked in to be sure everyone was ok. I can still remember the official announcement of Live in NYC dvd being posted and then withdrawn. With the due respect, I don’t want to go back there anymore. Peace to everyone.

• Like 3

I'm not American, and I wasn't on this board back then. But I vividly remember that day (night for me). 

I was up late, which had become a habit after my father passed about a month earlier.  Someone texted me to turn on Channel 10... I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  

I remember what really shook me was the news about the Pentagon...my mind raced with visions of attacks all over America or even the world.  I remember feeling relieved when that didn't happen, and at the same time being ashamed of that feeling.

Anyway that feeling of relief was misplaced. Those attacks continued to reverberate around the world, and although we try, we've never really gotten back to how things were.

My condolences to those who lost everything that day, and also to everyone else who lost something small but important.  We need to keep trying to get it back.

• Like 3