Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen at 9/11 Memorial

• Floom2 changed the title to Bruce right now
  • JoanFontaine changed the title to Springsteen at 9/11 Memorial

As rough as.  Maybe it was the emotion of the occasion.  But it was beautiful at the same time.

I love the fact that he was dressed the way that he was. I also love the fact he avoided anything from the The Rising album.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

As rough as.  Maybe it was the emotion of the occasion.  But it was beautiful at the same time.

I love the fact that he was dressed the way that he was. I also love the fact he avoided anything from the The Rising album.

I love an acoustic The Rising.  Of all of the 9-11 cultural creations, that, for me remains the most moving. 

1 hour ago, JoanFontaine said:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

hopefully you are right it was the emotions coz that was pitiful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I love how much Bruce values "I'll See You in My Dreams". Where a selection of fans aren't a fan of its simplistic lyrics, Bruce clearly believes that it's one of his most important pieces of work. Class. 

God forbid he never plays another song with the E Street Band this would be a beautiful closing chapter to an amazing musical legacy. So moved this song was part of this day. An American Treasure who sadly, because of stupid american politics , is more universally loved in other parts of the world now than he is in his own country.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, GoingDown84 said:

He looks very thin.:huh:

A lot of people that have attended SOB have said that also.  It seems as we age we either get thinner or fatter, depending on our genes.  Bruce was a always a small, scrawny looking guy when he was young.  Only beefed up when BITUSA came along.  I remember first time I saw him live, I was surprised how small and thin he was :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

A lot of people that have attended SOB have said that also.  It seems as we age we either get thinner or fatter, depending on our genes.  Bruce was a always a small, scrawny looking guy when he was young.  Only beefed up when BITUSA came along.  I remember first time I saw him live, I was surprised how small and thin he was :)

Someone say thin?

1D3841BD-8481-4ECF-90BD-DB08A2A91A99.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I was a little shocked as to how he looked, but a perfect delivery of a perfect song for the day that's in it.

Can this man do an 18 month E Street Band tour?

• Like 1