Greasy Lake Community

Springsteen at 9/11 Memorial

saw a largish segment on the news

they showed a lot of GW (i thought he spoke very well but i was thinking there will be no time for Bruce)

they showed Bruce and then also showed Sam as a fireman so no problem in this corner of the world that Bruce was there

• Like 2

It is strange how the same appearance and performance strikes people in so many different ways. He sounded great on my headphones (singing, without immediate warm-up, an emotionally-charged song on a very emotionally-charged occasion) and looks good too. More power to him.

Thanks to everyone who provided the links.

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

16 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

I really like this song and a great choice for the occasion delivered with respect and dignity. However I fear that the upcoming tour, if it ever happens, is going to show us a very different Bruce.

Well said - reading all of the comments here, this one connected most with the way I felt about the performance.

• Bruuuuce! 1

i read this thinh today about Phil Collins :( (i like Phil Collins)

https://www.loudersound.com/news/phil-collins-reveals-he-can-barely-hold-a-drum-stick-in-emotional-bbc-interview

we are a lot better of than Phil Collins/ Genesis fans :(

But Bruce looks like he needs to eat the odd dessert 

''Without getting political, I find his appearance and performance offensive to the tragedy of 9-11. Why does he feel the need to bookend the 20 year anniversary of this event? Yes, The Rising was interesting for what it was, maybe even healing for many people, and I get that. I loved it. But this appearance is unnecessary and self-serving in my opinion'-----quote 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above words must go down as the most cheap misunderstanding posting ever on greasy lake about Bruce since the site was born.

I leave you to read it once again and then no doubt fully agree with me . 

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I found it sad to watch. He looks frail, and it really is a terrible rendition of a beautiful song, in my opinion. What I was also shocked by, looking at the clip on You Tube, were the comments about Bruce in the ‘comments’ section below the clip. A lot of vitriol expressed by, I assume, many Americans. Seems he is not universally adored in the US like he is here in the UK. I had not realised that. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Royston Vasey said:

I found it sad to watch. He looks frail, and it really is a terrible rendition of a beautiful song, in my opinion. What I was also shocked by, looking at the clip on You Tube, were the comments about Bruce in the ‘comments’ section below the clip. A lot of vitriol expressed by, I assume, many Americans. Seems he is not universally adored in the US like he is here in the UK. I had not realised that. 

Hes not universally loved on this website...lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i read this thinh today about Phil Collins :( (i like Phil Collins)

https://www.loudersound.com/news/phil-collins-reveals-he-can-barely-hold-a-drum-stick-in-emotional-bbc-interview

we are a lot better of than Phil Collins/ Genesis fans :(

But Bruce looks like he needs to eat the odd dessert 

Suggestion. If in a hurry he can grab the kit Kat version. 

key-lime-pie-01.jpg

key-lime-pie.jpg

Kit-Kat-Key-Lime-Pie-1.5oz-Front_2048x2048.jpg

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

would be surprised to see another E street tour mind

Side note, but I (as a non-native English speaker)'ve never understood that thing where one ends a sentence with the word mind as in the quote above. I'm sure it's gramatically correct but to me it just looks weird somehow. I think I get what it means in this context, but I don't understand why it's supposed to be the last word of the sentence and also without a comma. Can you/anyone explain?

12 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

That is  a photo from the first run of Springsteen on Broadway. Please do try to keep up. :)

Madam, we are keeping up. I shown that video to my wife nurse for 30 plus, something is wrong with Bruce. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wbt774 said:

I thought it was a beautiful performance. I do wish he would lose the earrings. Was never a fan of them anyway and for someone in their 70’s now, seems silly looking.

Earrings and Tattoo's doesn't even bother me no more, all have them. The way Bruce looked and sang sounded very depressing. I personally loved the heart felt moment. But please Bruce pack some pound on and lets go. Fuck Covid, every football stadium in the league was packed this weekend, let just go before it's too late. 

1) I am a survivor of the collapse of the South Tower of the World Trade Center

2) I am an enormous Bruce-obsessed fan since I saw him in 1985

3) I think he is completely upside down with his political views, yet still can acknowledge him as one of the greatest musicians / performers ever 

4) The Rising album was a masterpiece that provided and still provides healing from that day

5) Bruce is an idiot for deploying a universally themed heartfelt song about 9/11 "The Rising" for Democrat Party rallies and causes. Disgusts me. 

6) I am processing my feelings about him playing a song at the memorial on Saturday. While it was an appropriate song choice and restrained performance, I don't believe any "contemporary" performances by celebrities should take place at that site on that day. It's more of an "Amazing Grace" with bagpipes kind of day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wbt774 said:

I thought it was a beautiful performance. I do wish he would lose the earrings. Was never a fan of them anyway and for someone in their 70’s now, seems silly looking.

Agreed. At least he seems to have gone easy on the hair dye, which looks equally silly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

Suggestion. If in a hurry he can grab the kit Kat version. 

key-lime-pie-01.jpg

key-lime-pie.jpg

Kit-Kat-Key-Lime-Pie-1.5oz-Front_2048x2048.jpg

OMG your killing me:(

i heard this rumour there are many other flavours of kitkats (ditto for Pringles and Borris' friskies cat food) :angry:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wbt774 said:

oh i looooooove the earings

(and the bracletes and the necklaces - especially the recent western stars look) 

all men should wear jewlery :)