Greasy Lake Community

Rich Nappi on TV now

CNN is playing the documentary called 9/11. Turn it on right now!

There were 2 filmmakers following along with Rich’s firehouse in September 2001. The story was supposed to be about a probationary firefighter, but they happened to be with the firefighters and on the scene on 9/11, so it turned into a documentary about the day and the firefighters.  If you get CNN, turn it on.  Rich is in one of the very first scenes. I’ve seen the documentary before, and he’s in it in several places.  Even if you don’t know Rich, this is a great film about 9/11.

I just saw Rich on TV a moment ago.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

One can never have enough rich nappi threads, still remember the last thing he said to me after the WiESS show 

”well that didn’t suck” 

Lol.  Did he actually have a ticket and go in on time? One of my favorite memories of Rich is that he went to a lot of shows without a ticket.  Then he’d play a game with the scalpers. He’d find a couple of scalpers with good tickets but he wouldn’t pay them what they wanted.  Instead, he would wait until the show started, and one or 2 songs in, he’d get a great ticket from a scalper for next to nothing.  

Every time, it made me feel bad to leave him in the parking lot when the rest of us would go into the show.  And every single time, I’d get a text from him just a couple of songs into the show, letting me know he found a great seat for under face value.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t remember for sure that night whether I saw him before

I do remember  there was a memorable Denver show on the rising tour when he had just visited the national fallen firefighter memorial and he sent me  to get beer with the instructions “and none of that warm English crap”  I of course brought him back a Bass Ale

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, judyg said:

Lol.  Did he actually have a ticket and go in on time? One of my favorite memories of Rich is that he went to a lot of shows without a ticket.  Then he’d play a game with the scalpers. He’d find a couple of scalpers with good tickets but he wouldn’t pay them what they wanted.  Instead, he would wait until the show started, and one or 2 songs in, he’d get a great ticket from a scalper for next to nothing.  

Every time, it made me feel bad to leave him in the parking lot when the rest of us would go into the show.  And every single time, I’d get a text from him just a couple of songs into the show, letting me know he found a great seat for under face value.  

Having read this and other things said about him on here this weekend and over the years, Rich seemed like the soundest, funniest Springsteen fan of all time. 

I know for sure it would have been class to have talked with him on here. 

• Like 2

Marsha actually gave me her tshirt from the MetLife show that was made in honour of Rich. She sent me it as a gift along with another one before the two of us had ever even met. I never knew him only what she told me but every time I wear the tshirt I think of his memory and all the great things I’ve read about him on here. I need to find the documentary online so I can watch it

• Like 2