Greasy Lake Community

Croke Park next April?

23 hours ago, Fabrice said:

The fellow announced a large European tour a few days ago. 

I see he’s doing Ullevi, Gothenburg on 10th August. Fingers crossed that’s a venue for Bruce again around July time. One of the few European hotbeds of fanatic crowds I’m yet to experience, having only been to Stockholm shows. 

16 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I see he’s doing Ullevi, Gothenburg on 10th August. Fingers crossed that’s a venue for Bruce again around July time. One of the few European hotbeds of fanatic crowds I’m yet to experience, having only been to Stockholm shows. 

Ullevi is much much better than Friends Arena Gothenburg is very compact everything is walkable like Oslo 

Cheap flights from STN to GOT with RAir 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Ullevi is much much better than Friends Arena Gothenburg is very compact everything is walkable like Oslo 

Cheap flights from STN to GOT with RAir 

And crucially they sell “golden circle” tickets so can fly early morning on day of the show. 

On 9/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

SNAP!

• 1 month later...

So now we know definitely no Bruce at Croke Park in 2022. Five Garth Brooks shows (yes, Garth Brooks, yes 5 shows) now given the green light for September ‘22. Croke Park normally licences for 3 shows a year, now at 7 for 2022. Aviva Stadium also hitting its quota with the Eagles and Westlife (yes, Westlife). Leaving RDS or, my bet, Slane for Bruce in ‘22. 

2 hours ago, Neil57channels said:

So now we know definitely no Bruce at Croke Park in 2022. Five Garth Brooks shows (yes, Garth Brooks, yes 5 shows) now given the green light for September ‘22. Croke Park normally licences for 3 shows a year, now at 7 for 2022. Aviva Stadium also hitting its quota with the Eagles and Westlife (yes, Westlife). Leaving RDS or, my bet, Slane for Bruce in ‘22. 

It will have to be the RDS, at least I hope it is.

Seen several great shows there over the years and it would be nice to have another trip over to Dublin again to see Bruce.

Have to say though I am getting less optimistic by the day about a tour next year at all. If we don't get an announcement during November I think we can forget it.

• Like 1

Looking through some old emails, I see that Spanish shows for July 2016 we’re only announced on 15th February 2016. 

It they leave it as late as that this time, then surely the venues are already reserved and dates held. Otherwise they will have no chance of finding suitable venues to play with so many 2022 tours already confirmed. 

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Looking through some old emails, I see that Spanish shows for July 2016 we’re only announced on 15th February 2016. 

It they leave it as late as that this time, then surely the venues are already reserved and dates held. Otherwise they will have no chance of finding suitable venues to play with so many 2022 tours already confirmed. 

I don’t think the 2016 tour is the best template, as far as European stadiums are concerned. It was mostly an afterthought on the wake of the US indoor leg (the proper The River 2016 tour). I imagine the next tour being announced around - or just after - Christmas time (once the No nukes box set and the Obama book have completed their Christmas present cycle). That doesn’t mean that venues haven’t already been booked for months by now. 

• Like 1