Greasy Lake Community

Bruce Springsteen stands with Freehold business after 'disgusting' Donald Trump deal

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

1989!, They just have a beef now? They have wrote that "loss" off their taxes for the last 32 years. Move on! Do they think they are going to get their money now? Deals like this happen every day, ask vendors for Wal-Mart, A/B, Costco and other. $30K, pocket change for Bruce, if he's that concern pick up the bill. One last thing in the article states a 30k loss on the 100k, but there had to be some profit in that 100k, so not even 30k loss. 

I hate to say this, but that company had to be pretty naïve to deal with a major corporation like Trump. As Trump Inc could go direct to the piano companies and buy said piano's. When I deal with major corp's, I always add 5% more to every bids. Because this happens more time than not. I know it shouldn't be that way but it is.  

52 minutes ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Is that a program on Bruce's SiriusXM show?  I don't have Sirius so have never heard it.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one! I also have never heard this show. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

Is that a program on Bruce's SiriusXM show?  I don't have Sirius so have never heard it.

3 hours ago, judyg said:

Yes it's on E-Street Radio, Bruce started putting together list of songs he like within a theme when the Covid first hit. Up to 28 or 29 episodes now. To me most aren't very good. See I tune into ESR to listen to Bruce not some act from the 40's or 50's I never heard of. 

3 hours ago, judyg said:

really ? @Flagofpiracy

even ive heard it 

they had a free month once a while back and by some miricle i could get it

there is a thread where you can download most of Bruce's radio shows around here somewhere

Sirius XM radio is the best paid service/streaming service there is. You have to fight with them and threated to leave a copy times, but I get service for $6.77 per month. I'll lose a lot of other things before XM Radio. 

My pre-sets: 1. ESR, 2. Little Steven's Underground Garage, 3. Classic Vinyl, 4 U2X, 5. The Bridge(soft rock, Moma's Channel) 6. Pearl Jam Radio, 7. The Beatles Radio, 8. Spectrum(little bit of everything), 9. 70's on 7, 10. Ozzy's Boneyard, 11. Margaritaville, 12. Phish Radio 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You've missed the point of the story.  It's one of many stories where Rump stiffed contractors and subcontractors and many went bankrupt because of it.  It's a known long time fact.   The man isn't looking for anything now, it's long over and done with.  Bruce brought it up on his show yesterday because the theme of the show was Money Honey and it was personal to Bruce.  Who knows, maybe Bruce did help out the man back then.  He does many, many things with his money to help people that we don't know about and he keeps quiet about it.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2

6 hours ago, judyg said:

I knew of it, and my son use to listen to it when he had Sirius, but he's always driving to jobs so he spends a lot of time on local roads.  I'm not in the car enough to pay for the service.  I had it free years ago with a new car, but Bruce wasn't on it back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

really ? @Flagofpiracy

even ive heard it 

they had a free month once a while back and by some miricle i could get it

there is a thread where you can download most of Bruce's radio shows around here somewhere

I've known about the show since it started, but I've never listened to it because we don't have Sirius.  Our son use to listen to Bruce's show on Sirius when he had it.

• Sad 1

Oh I’ve heard of the show…it’s impossible to be on this board and not know about the show. But I don’t get Sirius so I’ve never listened to it.  My car had a 90 day free trial of Sirius but I never renewed it when it expired and that was in 2015.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I knew of it, and my son use to listen to it when he had Sirius, but he's always driving to jobs so he spends a lot of time on local roads.  I'm not in the car enough to pay for the service.  I had it free years ago with a new car, but Bruce wasn't on it back then.

There is an app for it, you can stream it at home or anywhere, you don't have to be in a car to listen.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, Jimmy James said:

Sirius XM radio is the best paid service/streaming service there is. You have to fight with them and threated to leave a copy times, but I get service for $6.77 per month. I'll lose a lot of other things before XM Radio. 

My pre-sets: 1. ESR, 2. Little Steven's Underground Garage, 3. Classic Vinyl, 4 U2X, 5. The Bridge(soft rock, Moma's Channel) 6. Pearl Jam Radio, 7. The Beatles Radio, 8. Spectrum(little bit of everything), 9. 70's on 7, 10. Ozzy's Boneyard, 11. Margaritaville, 12. Phish Radio 

that's great value Jimmy 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, Jimmy James said:

OK, took a ride to Springfield Il for a job meeting. On the way back I decided to play one song(first full) from each of my Pre-Sets. 

1. E-Street Radio - snippet "I'm on Fire", full - Where The Band Are - both Bruce

2. Little Steven's Underground Garage - Snippet - "In the City" Cocktail Slippers, full - Don't Look Back - Temptations 

3. Classic Vinyl - No snippet right in the full - Rollin Down the Highway - BTO

4. U2X - Snippet - A Day Without Me - U2 - Full - Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga

5. The Bridge - snippet - Take It Easy - The Eagle, Full - Lucky Man - ELP

6. Pearl Jam Radio- no snippet Full- Hail Hail - Pearl Jam

7. Beatle Radio - snippet I Want To Hold Your Hand, Full - Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles 

8. Spectrum - snippet- Heart of Gold - Neil Young, Full- Heaven Beside You - Alice in Chains

9. 70's on 7 - Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band :blink:

10. Ozzy's Boneyard - snippet - Godzilla - BOC, Full-  Mr. Crowley - Ozzy

11. Margaritaville - People Get Up - Bob Marley 

12. Phish Radio - snippet - Cities, full - Stash both Phish 

Pretty good day of music. except for that one! 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, took a ride to Springfield Il for a job meeting. On the way back I decided to play one song(first full) from each of my Pre-Sets. 

1. E-Street Radio - snippet "I'm on Fire", full - Where The Band Are - both Bruce

2. Little Steven's Underground Garage - Snippet - "In the City" Cocktail Slippers, full - Don't Look Back - Temptations 

3. Classic Vinyl - No snippet right in the full - Rollin Down the Highway - BTO

4. U2X - Snippet - A Day Without Me - U2 - Full - Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga

5. The Bridge - snippet - Take It Easy - The Eagle, Full - Lucky Man - ELP

6. Pearl Jam Radio- no snippet Full- Hail Hail - Pearl Jam

7. Beatle Radio - snippet I Want To Hold Your Hand, Full - Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles 

8. Spectrum - snippet- Heart of Gold - Neil Young, Full- Heaven Beside You - Alice in Chains

9. 70's on 7 - Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band :blink:

10. Ozzy's Boneyard - snippet - Godzilla - BOC, Full-  Mr. Crowley - Ozzy

11. Margaritaville - People Get Up - Bob Marley 

12. Phish Radio - snippet - Cities, full - Stash both Phish 

Pretty good day of music. except for that one! 

show off ! :P

On 9/16/2021 at 6:38 PM, judyg said:

Bruce Springsteen emphasized politics on his June 3 SiriusXM radio show. Responding to the unique moment in American history that we are all living through, on June 6th, 2020, Bruce Springsteen made the fifth installment of his SiriusXM satellite radio show, “From His Home to Yours,” an extended, remarkable meditation (clocking in at 1h 50!) on what is going wrong and what people can do about it.

“When the politics of paranoia, division, prejudice, intolerance, fear — all that’s antithetical to the American idea — hold court in the land, we are in deep trouble, my fellow citizens.”
Then Springsteen played “Political World,” from Bob Dylan
 “We are living in a political world". 

Political! Now you heard it from the horse mouth

• Like 1

6 hours ago, el sergio said:

Bruce Springsteen emphasized politics on his June 3 SiriusXM radio show. Responding to the unique moment in American history that we are all living through, on June 6th, 2020, Bruce Springsteen made the fifth installment of his SiriusXM satellite radio show, “From His Home to Yours,” an extended, remarkable meditation (clocking in at 1h 50!) on what is going wrong and what people can do about it.

“When the politics of paranoia, division, prejudice, intolerance, fear — all that’s antithetical to the American idea — hold court in the land, we are in deep trouble, my fellow citizens.”
Then Springsteen played “Political World,” from Bob Dylan
 “We are living in a political world". 

Political! Now you heard it from the horse mouth

He is correct!!  Politics has now permeated everything!  Even on social media there's stories and posts, totally unpolitical, no where near political, and people come along and comment with some political crap.  It's insane! 

• Like 1

Stiffing a piano shop? That is worse than a rock star cancelling a Sunday concert on Friday over politics and screwing the intending attendees who already incurred travel expenses!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Trang said:

Stiffing a piano shop? That is worse than a rock star cancelling a Sunday concert on Friday over politics and screwing the intending attendees who already incurred travel expenses!

Greensboro, NC 2016!  In the old days rock and roll was played to protest, in the woke days rock and roll is cancelled to protest.  Go figure!