in the Netherlands my guesses are:

Malieveld, The Hague

Pinkpop, Landgraaf 

Goffertpark, Nijmegen 

Johan Cruijff Arena, Amsterdam

Gelredome, Arnhem

And for Belgium: Koning Boudewijn stadion, Brussels or Werchter 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

For the UK, it would be big open fields similar to Hyde Park. No football or cricket grounds would risk damage to their pitches at that stage of their respective seasons. 

What about Rugby stadiums ?...the Six Nations would be long finished before April/May.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

What about Rugby stadiums ?...the Six Nations would be long finished before April/May.

Not a rugby fan so not up to speed on the use of Rugby stadiums around europe , but a quick look tells me Twickenham is needed on 18th June and as Rugby in Europe is not as big as it is in UK /France / or Italy and so outside of those locations the stadiums might not be as big as for football , perhaps someone could add to the possibility of rugby stadiums being used

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

In Cardiff they remove the pitch and close the roof. Must be an absolute dream for the crew when building up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marnix said:

Malieveld, The Hague

Pinkpop, Landgraaf 

Goffertpark, Nijmegen 

Gelredome, Arnhem

And for Belgium: Koning Boudewijn stadion, Brussels or Werchter 

And drafbaan, Groningen 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

In Cardiff they remove the pitch and close the roof. Must be an absolute dream for the crew when building up.

If it was April or early May, somewhere with a retractable roof like Cardiff’s Millennium stadium would be perfect. Well, perfect at any time to be honest. 

• Love Love Love! 1

32 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If they played Scotland my guesses

Hampden Park In Glasgow 

TRNSMT Festival, Glasgow

Rugby Park, Kilmarnock

hampden park and kilmarnock would still be needed for football until at least the middle of may ( is kilmarnock big enough or am i being whoosed !) TRNSMT/Glasgow Green is interesting though 

7 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I remember a few years back when U2 360 tour came to Busch Stadium- St. Louis. The Cardinals(baseball team) took up the whole playing surface and donated it to a local high school here. After U2 left, the cardinals installed a whole new field. This was during a 2 week break between the Cardinals being on the road and the All-Star break, which is mid-season. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

For the UK, it would be big open fields similar to Hyde Park. No football or cricket grounds would risk damage to their pitches at that stage of their respective seasons. 

But Spurs will be more then happy for the NFL come in and tear up their ground?  

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If it was April or early May, somewhere with a retractable roof like Cardiff’s Millennium stadium would be perfect. Well, perfect at any time to be honest. 

These are wise words… it is of course the best stadium in the known universe

10 hours ago, Marnix said:

Gelredome, Arnhem

In favour of these two venues is the roof can be closed; quite an advantage in April and May.

Because of football however the others mentioned maybe more likely.

7 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If they played Scotland my guesses

Hampden Park In Glasgow 

TRNSMT Festival, Glasgow

Rugby Park, Kilmarnock

Not at that time of the year....Murrayfield though ?

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

But Spurs will be more then happy for the NFL come in and tear up their ground?  

You might be onto something here - Spurs have an NFL pitch they can slide out on top of the grass football pitch. It is part of the long term design of teh place to allow for NFL and possibly gigs too. This is one stadium in England that actually could host a Bruce gig without damaging the playing surface - I just hope the acoustics and sound are better than Wembley!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seadogscarb said:

You might be onto something here - Spurs have an NFL pitch they can slide out on top of the grass football pitch. It is part of the long term design of teh place to allow for NFL and possibly gigs too. This is one stadium in England that actually could host a Bruce gig without damaging the playing surface - I just hope the acoustics and sound are better than Wembley!

And also, the stadium was reserved for Bruce in 2020 before the pandemic. I didn’t know about the dual playing surface technology so in that case I’d say it’s very likely that any ESB 2022 concert(s) in London would be at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium whether the football season is finished or not. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

I have no idea how acoustics in reality work in stadiums but having been to the new Spurs stadium it is deliciously compact in a way despite having a 60,000 capacity. A magnificent football stadium for sure. Reckon it could hold the sound in far better than The Emirates (2009 ?) and the hideous Wembley. Much more like the Etihad in Manchester in that respect as far as design is concerned. Could be a fabulous venue for a big show.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 2:03 PM, Promise61 said:

Exactly, why go anywhere else, move in for a ten show stretch, perfect

• Like 1

Simples here - go watch bruce and potentially freeze, or alternatively don't go watch bruce and stay at home in the warm, hmmmmmm let me think about that for a millisecond........... no brainer no brainer no brainer, hehe , xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mariasbed said:

Are we ruling out any chance of indoor venues being used, in particular a return to Leeds, after the brilliant 2013 show?

Bruce is so popular in Europe I think it's going to have to be stadiums...it's a shame because I so much prefer to see Bruce in an indoor arena. As you say the Leeds Arena gig in 2013 is a classic example of a classic Bruce indoor show in the UK which has now passed into legendary status.

• Like 1