Greasy Lake Community

The Nottingham Forest Management Roulette Thread

High As Hope

Well here we go again at the City Ground,another poor start to the season another manager sacked,it's just a revolving door,I think Hughton had to go,everybody was happy with his appointment but a year on we're in the same place as when he took over & scratching around for deadline day loan signings after starting the season with a worse squad than last year where we only just stayed up.

Various names in the frame to be the next victim,Steve Cooper ex Swansea boss seems to be the favourite,rumours Chris Wilder has turned it down,Alex Neil ex Norwich boss was at the game weds night,something wrong somewhere for this being an ongoing problem in the way it has been for years now.

Somewhere I have a photo of me & my dad with the league championship,the league cup & the community shield,those were the days,don't think I'd even been to a game then,I would have been 12,my dad was never a football fan dont know how i got him to take me for that photo,first game was against mighty York City in the FA Cup in Jan 79 from memory I seem to recall Larry Lloyd scoring a screamer.

I went to a couple of the home games in the European Cup that season.

I was in the Trent End in the game we were relegated against Sheffield Utd where we spent practically the whole second half chanting Brian Clough.

It just reminds me how football has changed,who would be chanting their managers name now if they were being relegated.

No seeding nonsense then in Europe it was a competition for winners,the excitement in the city of drawing Liverpool in the first round of the European Cup then beating them,Gary Birtles scoring one of the goals in one of his first games after signing from non league Nuneaton.

My 2 sons are Derby supporters(being born there) so currently it's a battle between us of who's the worst club at the moment,needless to say I had an email from my son in Australia yesterday about Hughton being sacked.

Starting with a game against York city certainly put you on the wrong path for life :ph34r:

saw that derby are going in administration, remember seeing a game there at the baseball ground many many years ago … had only ever seen the mud in black and white on tv

live in colour it was even worse

18 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Great club, Forest. Been to the city ground numerous times to see United.

Imagine how much money Man City would give to take one of your European Cups.

Yes whatever state we're in now they can't take those trophies away from us & for all the money City have thrown at it they don't have one.

6 hours ago, AMIW said:

Starting with a game against York city certainly put you on the wrong path for life :ph34r:

saw that derby are going in administration, remember seeing a game there at the baseball ground many many years ago … had only ever seen the mud in black and white on tv

live in colour it was even worse

Derby going into administration has cheered me up,I thought we were in a mess,I was texting my youngest son last night & he's not exactly thrilled at the possibility of having 12 points deducted for administration + another 9 for financial breaches + the transfer embargo being extended.

There's a video on you tube where a penalty was awarded at the Baseball Ground & a guy had to come onto the pitch to paint the penalty spot as there was just mud.

When Derby had their one season in the PL in 2008 my youngest son got his mum to get them a season ticket,there were times she couldn't take him so I took him & had sit calmly in my seat as they were getting thumped 6-0 in a couple of the games I went to.

Cooper as new manager seems likely as there are rumours that we've agreed compensation with Swansea(even though he left them they put in some clause so he couldn't just resign & go to another club,that is still in place even though there's been a break since he left them)

Steve Cooper appointed as new head coach yesterday,seems a positive appointment given that he managed to get Swansea in the play offs twice on limited resources but then Hughton was supposedly a good appointment last year so will have to wait & see.

At least we should be off the bottom of the table today as Derby officially go into administration meaning their 12 point deduction will see them on minus 2 points with still the threat of another 9 to be deducted for cooking the books.

Wycombe are considering legal action after being relegated last season on the basis that if all this was known then they shouldn't have been relegated & Derby should have gone down instead & they estimate that it'll cost them up to 20 million in lost revenue as a result.