Greasy Lake Community

I hope Bruce sees this

I hope Bruce sees it, and therefore keeps the song as a “strictly-exclusive-no possible exception-Belgium show only-treat” for the rest of his career. ;) 

• Haha 2

Really great video!:)

They take the song back from the Sunny Day kids to a Rising Tour performance.

What is the location of the video? (English and French language in the video but not Flemish might suggest it is somewhere in Wallonie)

(Edit: and landscape also more suggests Wallonie, not Vlaanderen; but that is only speculation; maybe even prejudice).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Really great video!:)

They take the song back from the Sunny Day kids to a Rising Tour performance.

What is the location of the video? (English and French language in the video but not Flemish might suggest it is somewhere in Wallonie)

(Edit: and landscape also more suggests Wallonie, not Vlaanderen; but that is only speculation; maybe even prejudice).

Their village is called Lustin.  Looks like it's in Wallonie?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eileen said:

I can't see past this being one of the saddest songs ever written.

Glad so many do and get pleasure from it.

likewise just cant think of it any other way- wish I could!

Good to see and hear Belgians took advice from Bruce and not let Stevie start the song on his own and muck it up like he was doing in the early days of it. 

Bruce soon rearranged that. 

• Like 1

After all we have endured in all our different countries over the past 18 months - what a great video, a breath of fresh air and actually giving a bit of hope and positivity to a song I had grown to really dislike!  Love the vid, I hope Bruce sees it too - we all need that sunny day.❤

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

16 hours ago, Eileen said:

I can't see past this being one of the saddest songs ever written.

Glad so many do and get pleasure from it.

A LOT of Bruce's songs are sad, but with a bit of hope in them.  You know that's how he's always written, a master of that kind of writing :)  I've never been a fan of this song, but I really like this.

• Like 3

Loved this video, must have taken a lot of planning and effort to put it all together.

Personally, without the kids, I think this a good song live. On the Rising tour, it was great, the whole band were having a great time playing it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

A LOT of Bruce's songs are sad, but with a bit of hope in them.  You know that's how he's always written, a master of that kind of writing :)  I've never been a fan of this song, but I really like this.

The person suffering the loss is waiting.  The one who is lost is the only person who can make them smile. They'll always be waiting. A bit like the fella waiting for the person on that train ... they never turn up.

The hope's there for people who can see it or want it. My glass is always half full ... but things not turning out perfectly is accepted.

Funny how lyrics hit people, eh? :) And that's a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

The person suffering the loss is waiting.  The one who is lost is the only person who can make them smile. They'll always be waiting. A bit like the fella waiting for the person on that train ... they never turn up.

The hope's there for people who can see it or want it. My glass is always half full ... but things not turning out perfectly is accepted.

Funny how lyrics hit people, eh? :) And that's a good thing.

I think the lyrics of this song pass a lot of people by because they are wrapped up in such a happy melody. If the music was changed or even slowed down I think it would hit more people. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, dublinpaul said:

I think the lyrics of this song pass a lot of people by because they are wrapped up in such a happy melody. If the music was changed or even slowed down I think it would hit more people. 

A bit like the BITUSA tune and Bruce's posturing.  It's easy to see and hear various things going on - Bruce's grins have added to the 'happy' side of things (on Waiting) and he's always appeared happy to go along with the crowd.

Same with Mary's Place ... that's why that one was my 'toilet break'.

• Like 3