Greasy Lake Community

No nukes box set and double vinyl Nov 19th 2021 release

29 minutes ago, Marnix said:

The cd is from one show and the dvd contains both shows according to the tracklist

I couldn't see any track listing (?) - but the text/description is suggesting the opposite, ie. the CD is from across 2 nights (and presumably the DVD is from one!?, or maybe also from the two and will be footage of what is on the CD's??).  Where is the tracklisting? (may throw some light!) :

The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were recorded at the September 1979 MUSE (Musicians United for Safe Energy) benefit concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York City. This 2 CD set features 13 songs performed over two nights, that are newly remixed and remastered, in addition to a DVD of the 13 song concert performance film, newly edited from original film footage, restored and remixed in HD. This package includes a 24-page book with rare photos and memorabilia, an essay, vintage ticket envelope, ticket reproduction and sticker.

3 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

That album cover is superb. Easily the best album cover of his career. Although, that's not saying a lot.

Yeah - love how all eyes are on Bruce ready for that final note as he hits the ground

• Like 1

E-mail in from Badlands and looking at this listing I'd assume / suggest that the DVD will mirror the CD and that therefore BOTH are a mix from across the 2 nights!?

CD1:
1. Prove It All Night
2. Badlands
3. The Promised Land
4. The River
5. Sherry Darling
6. Thunder Road
7. Jungleland

CD2:
1. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
2. Born To Run
3. Stay
4. Detroit Medley
5. Quarter To Three
6. Rave On

BLU-RAY:
1. Prove It All Night
2. Badlands
3. The Promised Land
4. The River
5. Sherry Darling
6. Thunder Road
7. Jungleland
8. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
9. Born To Run
10. Stay
11. Detroit Medley
12. Quarter To Three
13. Rave On

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

That album cover is superb. Easily the best album cover of his career. Although, that's not saying a lot.

I dunno… that “tortured artist” gaze on the WIESS cover almost had me convinced.

1 hour ago, BruceWho said:

The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were recorded at the September 1979 MUSE (Musicians United for Safe Energy) benefit concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

I’m so glad Bruce is taking a stand on this, since nuclear energy is clearly the biggest threat facing the free world in 2021.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I agree it's a great picture.  However, :D I don't like the wording. SPRINGSTEEN E STREET BAND - very lazy.  Whatever happened to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band?

Eh?

• Like 3

The sound of the trailer sounds fabulous! Looking forward the this release and hear the new audio mix. But i am also happy that I have the audio of both shows from the archive series which aren’t avaliable anymore 

The film is as anticipated, although the CDs are unexpected. Having said that, it's not really a surprise either given the contract requirement for a series of five live albums.

image.png.8f6d97b46ffbc77802cfb5c5d2372653.png

Just now, Talisker10 said:

Archives took down the '79 shows for purchase currently. My question is will both shows audio be available in the future?

I don’t expect they will be back in the series