Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

No nukes box set and double vinyl Nov 19th 2021 release


Amo6591
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have this playing by some miricle 

I thought maybe i havn't been doing updates but it just says i cant do windows 11 (which i already fucking know Bill :angry: because i have windows fucking 10)

Now i have to go make tea because we didn't have lunch either - i just gave Gary a couple of slices of fruit cake 

20211124_175813.jpg

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

is your cousin bringing it to you ?

is he coming back for a family holiday ?

or cricket maybe ? (i dont imangine there is much cricket in Canada ?)

Yes, he is getting it for me along with the Obama/Springsteen book. Though he is my cousin, we all grew up in the same  place so we are very close.

Yup, he is here for 2 months . He is a bigger fan of NBA and EPL than cricket. 

  • Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

So i got an e-mail to say its been delivered but it wasn't at the front door

But it was inside our locked but ant and cockroach invested letter box

It looks great 

Love the replica concert ticket

But now see im having problems getting it to play

Ive never played a dvd on this laptop

My old one played dvds

This one has a little R2D2 type drawer that pops out but nothings happening

We are now having a rip roaring domestic like only Bruce can provoke im this house

Why the fuck would i buy a fucking laptop that doesn't fucking well play dv fucking d's ?

Gary is just being horrible

 

20211124_161239.jpg

It's like cars now don't have cd players!  Why the hell would they do that.  I have tons of CD's and can't play them in the card.  I refuse to listen to music through a stupid phone.  We need to get a CD player for the car.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Erm, forgive me for this given the two separate threads I've already got on the front page, but just for posterity purposes I'd like to post these in here. I'm actually tempted to say nobody read them because of that, but then again who am I to tell people what to do? :lol:

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/11/19/new-album-review-bruce-springsteen-and-the-e-street-bands-legendary-1979-no-nukes-concerts/
https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/11/22/film-review-the-legendary-1979-no-nukes-concerts-2021/

I read them both and like both.  Now there's certain things I know to look for on the DVD :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

So Tom Petty fans, did he always / often smoke cigarettes on stage? Whilst it’s far from cool these days, I must admit he did look a bit cool as he sauntered casually on stage with that fag dangling from his lips as he joined Jackson and Bruce on stage. Then stubbed it out with his foot on the stage floor like he was in a nightclub of the day. 

It was not an uncommon thing back in the day (if the artist in question was a smoker) - I've seen Eric (Clapton) not even put the cigarette out but put it on the machine head at the end of his guitar sticking upright, still burning/smoking (brought a whole new meaning to a "smokin' solo" ha!) - I've never smoked in my life but that did look pretty cool - even Billy Joel used to light up whilst playing the piano. Keith Richards another regular.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Did you get the Blu-Ray by mistake Daisey ? Thats the only thing i can think of ......

i did order the dvd just for this reason

how would i know its blue ray ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i did order the dvd just for this reason

how would i know its blue ray ?

On my DVD at the very bottom there are a bunch of Symbols .....All the way to the left is the logo for Columbia Records and the next one is a little DVD Logo ..... I came one click from ordering BluRay by mistake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Early North Jersey said:

On my DVD at the very bottom there are a bunch of Symbols .....All the way to the left is the logo for Columbia Records and the next one is a little DVD Logo ..... I came one click from ordering BluRay by mistake

.....thanks Bob

im looking now .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

On my DVD at the very bottom there are a bunch of Symbols .....All the way to the left is the logo for Columbia Records and the next one is a little DVD Logo ..... I came one click from ordering BluRay by mistake

holy cow - how can you even see that !

i had to find my jewlery loup

and heavens to fucking betsey

wouldnt you fucking know it

it looks like a tiny- as in fucking minute- blue ray sympol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

see i have a blue ray player

but the tv remote has worn out so it wont change to the blue ray mode

yes i need to get  a new remote because i hate the 6 oclock news from the state broadcaster

but

i cant find the model of the tv

ive looked at the sticker on the back. ive looked inside the remote

the instructions got lost when we threw out the box .....we keep boxes and instructions usually

but we threw it out about a month before the remote packed up

 

its a cheap telly from the local big box

sigh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

see i have a blue ray player

but the tv remote has worn out so it wont change to the blue ray mode

yes i need to get  a new remote because i hate the 6 oclock news from the state broadcaster

but

i cant find the model of the tv

ive looked at the sticker on the back. ive looked inside the remote

the instructions got lost when we threw out the box .....we keep boxes and instructions usually

but we threw it out about a month before the remote packed up

 

its a cheap telly from the local big box

sigh

Oh crap Daisey... That sucks I was excited for you to see it... I don't like these TVs that don't have buttons on the actual unit... In the middle of the pandemic dropkick Murphys was playing a concert on YouTube for St Patrick's Day in 2020 and the remote that came with the TV crapped out on me so while I could watch regular TV I could not access the smart TV at all so I panicked but I was able to get the correct remote from I think walmart.com

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

can someone explain to me why I can see the DVD in full screen at 16-9 immediately without changing any setting instead the BLURAY in 4/3 or at the maximum reducing the resolution to 1080p at full screen with zoom?

please....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 8:47 AM, Early North Jersey said:

Oh crap Daisey... That sucks I was excited for you to see it... I don't like these TVs that don't have buttons on the actual unit... In the middle of the pandemic dropkick Murphys was playing a concert on YouTube for St Patrick's Day in 2020 and the remote that came with the TV crapped out on me so while I could watch regular TV I could not access the smart TV at all so I panicked but I was able to get the correct remote from I think walmart.com

 

thats exactly whats happend to us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...