Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

No nukes box set and double vinyl Nov 19th 2021 release


Amo6591
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

No.11, not bad for a 42 year old concert. 

Especially as the film makes the physical product twice the price of a regular album.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched it for the first time last night. Never had seen any footage of that concert before. And it was as great as I expected it to be. The only thing that bothers me is the misprint on the back cover. I'm sure this has been talked about before. But as someone who's doing a little graphic work on the side, I just can't believe they'd release a product without noticing a mistake like that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Watched it for the first time last night. Never had seen any footage of that concert before. And it was as great as I expected it to be. The only thing that bothers me is the misprint on the back cover. I'm sure this has been talked about before. But as someone who's doing a little graphic work on the side, I just can't believe they'd release a product without noticing a mistake like that.

Typos, omissions, and other errors on Bruce albums are worthy of a thread all their own. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Candyman said:

Brilliant as it is I’ve still got Hammersmith ahead of it. Absolutely love that show. 

Hammersmith just sounds sooooooooo gooooooooood it would be very hard to beat in that respect

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Flagofpiracy said:

I'm in heaven :wub::wub::wub:  Big Man and Danny
Bruce Springsteen GIF

enjoy  :wub:

im looking for the cord thing that connects the x box  (something i have NEVER taken even one second of interest in) to an LED screen

'everdently' it hasnt been seen since our move 4 years ago

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Thankfully we at least have Hammersmith ‘75 night 2 in great sounding audio through the archive series. 

My Hammersmith ‘75 night 1 blu ray disc in HD with vinyl rip audio (converted to 24 bit digital) gets regular play. It sure made the official DVD redundant. 

I love the drama of those shows. Plus they have the benefit of being a full gig which adds a different dimension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Album sales reality check: like most of you, I’ve just received a twitter from Bruce celebrating his sixth place in the Billboard chart (album sales) for the newly released boxset. According to Billboard, the album sold 19,000 copies (all editions combined) in the U.S. in the first week.

Now, I think this speaks volumes on the dire state of the music business, as far as album sales are concerned. These days, you basically make the Billboard’s top ten by selling the equivalent of a single Garden night.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Frank said:

Album sales reality check: like most of you, I’ve just received a twitter from Bruce celebrating his sixth place in the Billboard chart (album sales) for the newly released boxset. According to Billboard, the album sold 19,000 copies (all editions combined) in the U.S. in the first week.

Now, I think this speaks volumes on the dire state of the music business, as far as album sales are concerned. These days, you basically make the Billboard’s top ten by selling the equivalent of a single Garden night.

it makes me feel old

i have read or heard Bruce reminise about something very similar but when i was not quite a teen i had a scrap book and id cut out from the paper the album and top 40 charts and t id listen to the radio (3 weeks latter) to hear the American charts

If i had bought the album or 45 i would put a little astrix beside the entry

what do kids do with there time these days ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

it makes me feel old

i have read or heard Bruce reminise about something very similar but when i was not quite a teen i had a scrap book and id cut out from the paper the album and top 40 charts and t id listen to the radio (3 weeks latter) to hear the American charts

If i had bought the album or 45 i would put a little astrix beside the entry

what do kids do with there time these days ?

Well, I do believe younger generations still listen to music; simply, they don’t buy it anymore.

The problem is for musicians, especially the new ones. Once you factor in recording, packaging, distribution and promotion costs, I don’t see how a non Billboard top ten album can dream of breaking even. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

Well, I do believe younger generation still listen to music; simply, they don’t buy it anymore.

The problem is for musicians, especially the new ones. Once you factor in recording, packing, distribution and promotion costs, I don’t see how a non Billboard top ten album can dream of breaking even. 

i still feel bad (from just not understanding the wider implications) of using Napster around the year 2K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I saw Martyn Joseph on Thursday night and he commented that 1.5m streams in the last year had earned him just £700.

Well, this is even worse than I thought.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...