Greasy Lake Community

No nukes box set and double vinyl Nov 19th 2021 release

Not sure what there is to complain about with this release. Looks like it'll give Tempe a run for its money. I wish all of Bruce's live releases, wherever possible, where audio/visual packages. The sound will clearly be superior to the NUGS release, although I get how people who bought those shows (I was one) might feel a little short changed. Never mind the birthday cake, you wouldn't want to get caught with that guitar the way Bruce is swinging it around.

• Like 2

So ... humour me. Can I buy a dvd of this? I have the old VHS thingy and love it. (Actually, I think that went West long ago) I don't want cds or anything else ... just want to stick a dvd in the machine and watch it.

15 minutes ago, Eileen said:

So ... humour me. Can I buy a dvd of this? I have the old VHS thingy and love it. (Actually, I think that went West long ago) I don't want cds or anything else ... just want to stick a dvd in the machine and watch it.

At the moment it doesn't look as if the DVD will be a stand alone item.  I wish it was, as I already have both shows from the Archive series.  The only possible upside is that the new CDs have been remixed by our hero, Bob Clearmountain.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

At the moment it doesn't look as if the DVD will be a stand alone item.  

Thanks, Paul. Give me a shout when the dvd comes out, please.

Thom Zimny was already working for a couple of years working on this release then I am really curious what made them decide to let do Altschiller mix the recordings for the Archive series and let Bob Clearmountain mix this release. For me it seems a little bit weird that 2 persons mixing the same show. Now I wished that they had decided that the full shows for the archive series were mixed by Bob.

4 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Thom Zimny was already working for a couple of years working on this release then I am really curious what made them decide to let do Altschiller mix the recordings for the Archive series and let Bob Clearmountain mix this release. For me it seems a little bit weird that 2 persons mixing the same show. Now I wished that they had decided that the full shows for the archive series were mixed by Bob.

Agreed, but I like the sound of the two shows from the archive series. And it’s great to have them for completeness. Without digging it out, I remember one of the songs had a chunk missing from the multi tracks and was replaced by a soundboard source. I’m assuming this version is left off this new CD and Blu ray. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marnix said:

According to Amazon these are the recording dates

1. Prove it all night - sept. 22
  2. Badlands - sept. 22
  3. The Promised Land - sept. 22
  4. The River - sept. 22 
  5. Sherry Darling - sept. 22
  6. Thunder Road - sept. 21
  7. Jungleland - sept. 21
  8. Rosalita - sept. 21
  9. Born to run - sept. 21
  10. Stay - sept. 22
  11. Detroit Medley -  sept. 21
  12. Quarter to three - sept. 22
  13. Rave on - sept. 22

Rave On must be from Sept 21. He didn’t play it on sept 22? 

1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

Not sure what there is to complain about with this release. Looks like it'll give Tempe a run for its money. I wish all of Bruce's live releases, wherever possible, where audio/visual packages. The sound will clearly be superior to the NUGS release, although I get how people who bought those shows (I was one) might feel a little short changed. Never mind the birthday cake, you wouldn't want to get caught with that guitar the way Bruce is swinging it around.

Wasted opportunity not to release both shows

I wasn’t at 9/21 but went to 9/22 and a repeat attendee told me little different

All of Inc is raving about how great the shows were (they were) but they’re leaving of the source material out.

Typical Inc.

They are ~ 90 minute shows, not 4 hour River shows.

So many fans became fans after seeing the clips from these shows in the early 80's (myself included), it's Bruce at his peak as the greatest live performer in the world. Can't wait for this release.

Still hoping for an archive boxset before the end of the year though.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Marnix said:

The nugs releases were December 2018, when they seemingly had no plans to release the film. That idea only took shape after the LTY film,

image.png.6451f98f58c353aeb03547a91b844d93.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Very excited he's not charging Darkness or River Box prices for this ..... 30 bucks for what is apparently going to be the best live footage of Bruce and the Boys we will ever get .....I'm quite excited !!!!

Yep it’s affordable and for new music kids looking to find out about the legend of Springsteen, 90 mins is plenty long enough for their attention and repeat plays. A new generation of fans could be just around the corner. 

• Like 4