Greasy Lake Community

No nukes box set and double vinyl Nov 19th 2021 release

Amo6591

Thunder Road into Jungleland is absolutely brilliant. Some comical camera work during Jungleland though when they can’t seem to find where Bruce is in the dark with no stage lighting.

And the filming of Clarence’s epic solo is interesting. You do get a brilliant view of his left shoulder and upper arm though if you want it. 

• Haha 1

I sense a Paolo review coming on with maybe a 9.5/10 rating? It’s fantastic overall and whilst I wouldn’t swap it for Tempe, I’m glad I don’t have to and can treasure both blu ray discs. It’s definitely second only to Tempe in my opinion in terms of official live Bruce concert releases. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I sense a Paolo review coming on with maybe a 9.5/10 rating? It’s fantastic overall and whilst I wouldn’t swap it for Tempe, I’m glad I don’t have to and can treasure both blu ray discs. It’s definitely second only to Tempe in my opinion in terms of official live Bruce concert releases. 

Out of ten, how do you rate Bob's mix?

One interesting thing I was surprised by, if you care to note the detail of these things. We know about the obvious edits left out, but there is also a small part of Quarter to Three which is added IN to this new release, which is not in the (what I thought was) complete performance from the initial Nugs archive release. 

Just before Bruce cries out “I’m just a prisoner of Rock and Roll’ he struts up to the mic and asks the crowd “Tired yet?” before bursting into another chorus reprise. It’s only a few seconds extra, but it’s definitely not on the full length nugs release despite that being well over 12 mins long, which I had assumed was the definitive, fully unedited version.  

• Like 1

Okay. I had the absolute lowest of expectations for this. For one, I couldn’t care less about the audio aspect since I’ve already heard both nugs shows. And two, I absolutely adore the Tempe concert film. I have an emotional attachment to it too since it’s what got me into Bruce.

But man, I just watched the No Nukes film 1.5 times (once in full then replaying certain songs) and I was BLOWN AWAY. I got it on Amazon so I can watch it any time anywhere. Pro tip: second time through I’m playing it on my tablet and headphones instead of tv. If you double tap it’ll zoom in a little to make it widescreen.

Was pleasantly surprised by the amount of Danny and especially Clarence. Thunder Road and Rosie were highlights, but the whole thing was breathtaking start to end.

I liked how they addressed the clothes changes too. It was barely noticeable during songs themselves. They more so went the route of string of songs from night 1, string from 2, back to 1, etc.

Clarence felt larger than life. Great closeups during Jungleland. The stage lighting during Jungleland was also great, and the close up of the crowd lighting matches was a nice touch. No phones in sight!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

so after watching @Flagofpiracy 's thread on the making of ive desided i cant wait for the dvd and maybe i want to try buying it electronically so i can watch it now

i have no idea how to do this

amazon prime directs me to Amazon Aussie which just like with American beauty says due to my location it isnt available for purchase

this is why i love nugs - because they will actually sell their product to me

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

One interesting thing I was surprised by, if you care to note the detail of these things. We know about the obvious edits left out, but there is also a small part of Quarter to Three which is added IN to this new release, which is not in the (what I thought was) complete performance from the initial Nugs archive release. 

Just before Bruce cries out “I’m just a prisoner of Rock and Roll’ he struts up to the mic and asks the crowd “Tired yet?” before bursting into another chorus reprise. It’s only a few seconds extra, but it’s definitely not on the full length nugs release despite that being well over 12 mins long, which I had assumed was the definitive, fully unedited version.  

I think that "Tired yet?" part is on the Nugs version.  Try listening at about 10:08, though the volume is just a touch low perhaps.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

so after watching @Flagofpiracy 's thread on the making of ive desided i cant wait for the dvd and maybe i want to try buying it electronically so i can watch it now

i have no idea how to do this

amazon prime directs me to Amazon Aussie which just like with American beauty says due to my location it isnt available for purchase

this is why i love nugs - because they will actually sell their product to me

What is nugs everyone keeps mentioning?

1 hour ago, Flagofpiracy said:

What is nugs everyone keeps mentioning?

nugs are my God send

they are the people who sell the offical bootled downloads from Bruce's website

-they do other bands as well

• Thanks 1

I ordered the DVD and 2 CD's for myself and my son as a Christmas present, he likes Bruce too.  We took him to a couple of Rising shows when he was young, so him having this great show from Bruce's early days will be a real treat for him.  Man it brings back the shows I went to on The River tour after the No Nukes show, the amazing energy and pure fun we all had like a huge party.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

44 minutes ago, Rumble said:

Only watched it once, so I could have missed it, and am happy to be corrected, but I didn’t see in the film the Springsteen leap portrayed in the picture on the cover of the new release. 

Looks like it is most likely from Born to Run.

19 hours ago, jauzins said:

I think that "Tired yet?" part is on the Nugs version.  Try listening at about 10:08, though the volume is just a touch low perhaps.

You’re right, ignore my post! But I’m glad you’re right cos it means we really do have the complete two night performances after all. Glad I got it from Nugs in FLAC HD when it was still available.