Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce songs make you cry?

13 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Down In The Hole gets to me "I'm Going To Dig Right Here Till I Get You Back" is one of the best lines he's written.

Seriously?  :blink:

:lol:  I'm afraid it makes me think of this:

13 hours ago, Stranger in town said:

Full orchestra videos of NYCS, it’s the beauty in the music, not the words.

if I should fall behind, the video when they all share the vocals.

oh absolutely that IISFB :wub:

"The Last Carnival" gets me every time. My dad's birthday was Sept. 20th and he would have been 100 years old. The song has been playing on the edges of my mind. I have to keep pushing to the edges because I'll be a blubbering mess if I sing the whole song in my head. 

• Hug 2

"All I can think of is being 5 years old, chasing behind you at the beach tracing your footprints in the sand 

trying to walk like a man"

Didn't every boy do that?  The first time I heard that I was awestruck.  Like I went back in time.

Also,  "like if he stood there long enough, that dog'd get up and run."  In my mind, the guy knew and loved the dog. Just brilliant.    

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rtb said:

"All I can think of is being 5 years old, chasing behind you at the beach tracing your footprints in the sand 

trying to walk like a man"

Didn't every boy do that?  The first time I heard that I was awestruck.  Like I went back in time.

Also,  "like if he stood there long enough, that dog'd get up and run."  In my mind, the guy knew and loved the dog. Just brilliant.    

Yes that line from Walk Like a Man….beautiful 

• Like 1

my love will not let you down when he plays it live also if i listen and pay attention letter to you 

live incident - just thinking about all the grown men crying and the guitar solo

my prove it with no 78 intro :( different kind of tears 

When he did and redid "Springsteen on Broadway" and brought our focus onto the lyric "you'll know me" in The Wish, I welled up both at the heart-breaking situation with his mother and the courage he has to expose such pain so openly.

• Like 2