Greasy Lake Community

Which Bruce songs make you cry?

4 hours ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

When he did and redid "Springsteen on Broadway" and brought our focus onto the lyric "you'll know me" in The Wish, I welled up both at the heart-breaking situation with his mother and the courage he has to expose such pain so openly.

Yes!  :(

• Like 2

Just this morning driving to work.  Sirius XM was playing Growin' Up from July, 1978 in California and his parents were in the audience and he was talking to them and ended with "well you both are going to have to settle for rock and roll".  Tears.  Thankfully mascara is waterproof.

• Like 3

It was interesting to read all the replies in this thread, keep them coming. :)

I completely forgot to mention Blood Brothers (the LINYC version) and the intro to Racing '78 in my original post. 

I’ve really enjoyed reading through this thread. I’m glad I don’t cry during songs, that’s not to say that some lyrics really hit home with me. 
Around 10 years ago I met 2 Dutch couples who were huge Bruce fans. Really nice people. I’d bump into them at various Bruce gigs and say hello. The last time I met them was the second night in Kilkenny near the back of the pit and it was just the 2 lads. I glanced over towards them during Backstreets. There they were, arm in arm belting out the the song with Bruce both of them teary eyed and singing with so much passion. I think now as I did then : We are so lucky that Bruce’s music touches us so deeply and means so much to so many of us and how we take comfort during times of trouble in his words. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

does a tear of joy count too? since The Boss took the stage at Pinkpop in 2009, I can't listen to Badlands without getting goosebumps from head to toe even in places I didn't know I could get goosebumps. Live versions arouse that the most, Badlands Pinkpop 2009 (YouTube) or the blue-ray of Hyde Park 2009. And a tear always comes through the melancholy. Badlands spontaneously on the radio and I am paralyzed again! does it over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...