Greasy Lake Community

Kisstory on A and E

Just watched this documentary and found it really interesting. Anyone see it? Also since they came up in about the same era, I’m wondering if there is any relationship or camaraderie between Bruce and Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons… would love to hear your thoughts!

• Like 1

Yes, I have seen it. I have been a KISS fan since I was 10 years old, so there wasn't much new information. But I really liked the footage of Gene and Paul just sitting together and talking. Paul without shoes on the sofa and Gene in the armchair, both comfy and seemingly relaxed... You usually don't seem them like this. Also because of this documentry I have been listening to a lot of KISS lately. There's also a great podcast called Rock Album Analysts out there. They're analysing the entire KISS catalogue album by album. If you like KISS I can certainly recommend it.

The only crossover between KISS and Bruce that I can think of is Outlaw Pete. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, LeoGetz said:

Yes, I have seen it. I have been a KISS fan since I was 10 years old, so there wasn't much new information. But I really liked the footage of Gene and Paul just sitting together and talking. Paul without shoes on the sofa and Gene in the armchair, both comfy and seemingly relaxed... You usually don't seem them like this. Also because of this documentry I have been listening to a lot of KISS lately. There's also a great podcast called Rock Album Analysts out there. They're analysing the entire KISS catalogue album by album. If you like KISS I can certainly recommend it.

The only crossover between KISS and Bruce that I can think of is Outlaw Pete. ;)

Yes I agree, I loved watching them just sit and chill and tell their thoughts. Being Jewish myself I found their family histories quite interesting. Speaking of the Outlaw Pete Crossover ( I had a chuckle), I read an article where Paul said he does not believe Bruce was trying to steal their song. He said “there are only so many notes and you can only arrange them so many ways” or something to that effect. Gene said something like“we sue a lot of people. How do we decide who to sue and who to not sue? We like Bruce. We don’t sue”. 

• Like 1