Greasy Lake Community

JM with Bruce: Wasted Days

I might be missing something, but scrolling through the forum I can't see any posts about the release of this song.     I don't mind it, although the subject matter is kind of depressing.  Funny, when John sings it sounds like a JM song, but Bruce's verse sounds like a Bruce song (especially one from the last few years).       The arrangement sounds pretty good... fairly typical JM zydeco sound, with a little guitar break that reminds me of Tougher than the Rest.... might even be Bruce playing, I'm not sure.

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 minutes ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

Do you mean what's our opinion on it?   Or how are we physically hearing it?   Just click on the youtube link in my post?

I don't have the option to play the video in your post, I think it has either been taken down, or not available to view in the US.

cv65.png

4 minutes ago, burghfan said:

I don't have the option to play the video in your post, I think it has either been taken down, or not available to view in the US.

cv65.png

im.shocked i can hear it and you can't :(

the universe is pretty fucked up of late:lol:

1 hour ago, sleepyjoe said:

It's like if Glory Days were written for Western Stars or something... I like it. Nothing I'm going to rush to listen again, but it's certainly good for what it is.

good call

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burghfan said:

cv65.png

Ohhh ok.  My apologies.   Sorry I don't have an answer for you immediately.  I guess it will appear on the internet soon.   Have you checked Spotify etc?

What's not to like!? - but then I love both these guys anyway and have done (both) for a long, long time now - seen Bruce live 113 times but John only 4 (but he left his mark) I was buzzed to read a few months back that Bruce had played on a few tracks on Johns new album (that they had collaborated) and this exceeds my expectations so far to be honest (it could have been just guitar and/or a token backing vocal/harmony) - this is a winner - only downside is it makes me want to be in late Spring / early Summer and sat out on the deck listening to some tunes but we are most definitely in Autumn now!!   

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not a JM fan, but there is nothing wrong with this tune at all. 

Nothing wrong with it at all. Nothing outstanding either. My only issue is I've never had any use for John Mellencamp.  Never cared for his predecessor John Cougar either. Or that transition guy, John Cougar Mellencamp.  It is just fine but I don't need to hear it again.