Greasy Lake Community

WHAT IF?.....Born to run was released in 1965 !!!!!!!!!!!!

BORN TO RUN ...was released in 1965 and what if Springsteen's career had been brought forward by a decade? Would the E Street Band be more famous than the Rolling Stones ???? I think yes !!!!!!

the darkness tour in the 1968 :):)

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band just like Beatles and Rolling Stones???? or no???

I can't imagine that kind of music back then. The Spector Sound was in its infancy, The Beatles and Stones ruled.

Born To Run knocked me into next week - at just the right time.

• Like 4

On a more serious note, some other “what ifs” I have considered are:

What if “Tunnel Of Love” was a solo tour, and then Bruce brought back the E Street Band to record and tour “Human Touch”/“Lucky Town”?

What if Bruce didn’t do the Seeger Sessions album and tour, and instead we got a year head start on the “Magic”/“Working On A Dream” albums and tour?  More E Street time with Danny and Clarence…

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

What if “Tunnel Of Love” was a solo tour, and then Bruce brought back the E Street Band to record and tour “Human Touch”/“Lucky Town”?

That one not only could  have happened, it should  have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badlands78 said:

On a more serious note, some other “what ifs” I have considered are:

What if Bruce didn’t do the Seeger Sessions album and tour, and instead we got a year head start on the “Magic”/“Working On A Dream” albums and tour?  More E Street time with Danny and Clarence…

The bold part is my biggest issue with the SSB tour.  What isn't known, at least to me, is if there was something going on health wise with an ESB member that meant an ESB tour wasn't going to happen at that time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

The bold part is my biggest issue with the SSB tour.  What isn't known, at least to me, is if there was something going on health wise with an ESB member that meant an ESB tour wasn't going to happen at that time.

Might have had something to do with Max and Stevie's commitments to Conan and The Sopranos? 

53 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Might have had something to do with Max and Stevie's commitments to Conan and The Sopranos? 

Max was on other tours while he was also the drummer for Conan.

Steve wasn't on the BITUSA tour, and also missed a tour when he was doing his Netflix show.

7 hours ago, badlands78 said:

There were serious thoughts about a 'duo tour' with only Bruce and Nils, it seems.

What if after Christic shows Bruce had decided this was the way to go: solo tour in support of HT and LT (which would have been different albums then, or not two albums). (This saying as someone who has the 1992-1993 period in higher regard than many others and still listens to both HT and LT quite often).

Edit, about the actual question: what if Bruce was born ten years earlier and Born To Run was released 10 years earlier: at least he would not have been 'The New Dylan' (probably).

What if Bruce had listened to me when I asked if he'd be playing Sherry Darling in Belfast during TGOTJ Tour ... and actually played it?

That would have woken me up.

• Haha 1

what if's are fun

but things kinda worked out pretty good 

i often think why did i get off this train in '86 ???

why hadn't BITUSA came out as a double album with Nebraska ?

what if somehow i had got The river album and could have listened to it with my dad

but its all for a greater reason

Darkness might have still sounded good but it would have ment jack shit to me back then

i didnt really know nothing about anything 

i needed context, get some dirt under my nails, fail down and get up again a few more times on my own

in retrospective i discovered all his music at just the right time

year i wish i could have seen Danny and C play but i still live a long way away

perhaps i wish the ESB had not gone into hiatus- im yet to read Steve's book

But everyone imcluding Bruce and Patti had to get going with their own lives and grow as individuals, Danny said this himself i remember reading somewhere

and i love the Joad album 

and the Seager sessions got us Charlie 

i mean i wish Mrs Federici had made the kid wear a hat and a shirt but hay we wern't exactly doing it right in the '80s either and we did know better by then 

i have Mr Nugs, im happy i dont hear nostalgia, i hear life right now 

im doing those reunion shows right now and lapping then up

the older you get the more it means

... or something about a banana 

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

There were serious thoughts about a 'duo tour' with only Bruce and Nils, it seems.

What if after Christic shows Bruce had decided this was the way to go: solo tour in support of HT and LT (which would have been different albums then, or not two albums). (This saying as someone who has the 1992-1993 period in higher regard than many others and still listens to both HT and LT quite often).

I too am a fan of the HT/LT studio albums but I just don’t hear them working as a solo concert.  TOL on the other hand would have made a great solo show.  Basically, imagine the Christic shows as a rough draft, with many TOL and Nebraska songs and some solo arrangements of the war horses.  Then come 1992, bring back the ESB and let er rock.

• Like 1

P.S. the Archive Series has somewhat soured the 1992-3 tour for me.  The albums are underrated, and the tour band knows their stuff, but the faux soul sound just isn’t aging well with me.  And while Crystal Taliefero is a fantastic vocalist and musician, I just can’t stand her voice out front on repeat listens.  The bootlegs were better in my memory.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, andromeda1968 said:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band just like Beatles and Rolling Stones???? or no???

E Street band would smoke the Stones any day everyday and thrice of Sunday.

• Like 1

Not to beat a dead drum here with all the if's and butt's. But for Born to Run to be released in 65' that would mean Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced would have needed to be released in 1960 so all guitar players to catch up, including Bruce/Steve. ;)