Greasy Lake Community

Bruce & The E.Street Band in Europe 2022

CK420

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Just dropped a 5th. Must rule Bruce out?

Actually, Croke Park's show limit is on a fiscal year basis, not a calendar year.  Which is why Ed Sheeran is able to do 2 shows in April, while Garth does 5 in September.

Bruce could still play there earlier in the year, since Ed is only taking up 2 dates, but I don't think that's likely.  Bruce will want to play other venues in Ireland, rather than have 2 huge capacity shows in Dublin, so he'll play a smaller stadium there.  JMO.

these dates seem to be floating around?

I don't know the reliability of them, but let them pass by here as well. Rumoured they would be announced today.

12/6 Landgraaf Holland

26/6 Werchter Belgium

28/6 Paris France

well Landgraaf was a rumour back in 2016, turned out to be Malieveld Den Haag in Holland. Landgraaf would be a week befor the Pinkpop festival, same location. I wouldn't mind...  :huh: i have my doubts?

edit: rumour, Werchter show support Jack White

Yes think absolutely zero chance of European dates next year.

Given how precious he is about his health the idea of him doing festivals where maintaining a bubble must be a nightmare also seems remote

Most bands are touring their resident countries only so USA dates seem hopeful

1 hour ago, richevs said:

Yes think absolutely zero chance of European dates next year.

Given how precious he is about his health the idea of him doing festivals where maintaining a bubble must be a nightmare also seems remote

Most bands are touring their resident countries only so USA dates seem hopeful

Could be right...however there are some American bands such as the Eagles who have already announced tours in Europe for 2022.

• Like 1

Pfizer reckon it would take 6 weeks to tweak the vaccines to cover the Nu variant and 3 months to start distributing it. So all hopes of bands touring anytime soon would seem to depend on whether the existing vaccines are still as effective.

A nightmare for promoters and artists like Bruce who we think were just about to announce their plans. 

On 11/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, Gavin82 said:

Pearl Jam

GnR

Well, those are bands that were already scheduled for summer 2020, and had to reschedule twice (I had tix for both shows). So, they were virtually obliged to plan a tour for 2022 in the first place. 

Nobody knows what the situation will be next summer, but the new variant doesn’t bode well for artists planning to announce new tours these days. No one knows how governments will react (plus, opposition to vaccines had been highly underestimated). Time will tell.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Pfizer reckon it would take 6 weeks to tweak the vaccines to cover the Nu variant and 3 months to start distributing it.

And one-two months to get the necessary booster shit, i mean shot, plus two weeks for it to be effective. Besides, like with the current vaccines, elderly people (like the E Street Band) and health care workers will be the first in line. So a realistic scenario could be maybe eight months before young and middle aged people (the ones that go to concerts) will have been vaccinated - assuming they want to get it. 

If I were in Bruce touring management’s shoes, I’d forget about 2022 and I’d start planning for 2023 right now. I know this is not what people want to hear, but this move would allow him to secure the usual venues in key cities  at his favourite touring time of the year. 

I mean, it is still likely that big events will take place in 2022. Nevertheless, given the current situation, I wouldn’t take the risk to put in place what may easily be his last massive tour, by jockeying through the availability of already overbooked cities and venues, on risky dates (i.e. mid-may outdoor shows…). And that in the best Covid-free scenario.    

It's hard to say. I guess on the positive side things are more normal than they were this time last year - but will they be normal enough mid-next year for people to be packed into venues across Europe in such a way it is worthwhile for artists like Bruce? I've always rather doubted it. Add to the health issues, the financial impact of covid for many. It would be more sensible for Bruce to tour the US first.

Next summer will be same as this year next winter will be like the 1 we are going in to its like a revolving door 

Over 50m in UK are jabbed with a population of 65 / 70 m and still the UKs in a right muddle bojo just brought back restrictions in England.

And regardless of your vaccine status YOU NOW HAVE TO SELF ISO.ATE if you come in to contact with this  NEW virus.....!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We can only hope concerns over this new variant are dispelled in the next few weeks. Had my booster jab today and I had Covid in October so I’m probably now as immune as you can be for the next 6 months or so. But I had 3 days in hospital with it just 5 months after my 2nd jab. It was really nasty.

If just one band member got it, show cancellations would be inevitable. I’m only 49, a lot younger than the E Street Band and many other concert going Bruce fans. I can’t imagine anyone unvaccinated over a certain age taking the risk of going to concerts. 

At the moment I can't think that Bruce and E Street will tour Europe in 2022. I believe he and the promoters will not announce dates right now without knowing how the vaccine reacts to the new variant of Covid-19. That might be sad, but he will be cautious for his band and crew. I think he doesn't want to have a spreader event. So lets wait and see.

I personally wouldn't go right now, although my heart would be bleeding.

As Bruce used to say before Born to Run live, nobody wins unless everybody wins. And as The Guardian report today, that’s true now of vaccine roll outs. 

“Omicron is a reminder that no one is safe until everyone is safe. By the end of the year, enough vaccines will have been manufactured to have vaccinated the whole world against Covid. Yet too many countries are facing this winter with low vaccination rates as a result of wealthier nations hoarding unused supplies. Only 3% of people in low-income countries are fully vaccinated, compared with more than 60% in high-income countries.”

And that’s how new variants manifest themselves and spread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

As Bruce used to say before Born to Run live, nobody wins unless everybody wins. And as The Guardian report today, that’s true now of vaccine roll outs. 

“Omicron is a reminder that no one is safe until everyone is safe. By the end of the year, enough vaccines will have been manufactured to have vaccinated the whole world against Covid. Yet too many countries are facing this winter with low vaccination rates as a result of wealthier nations hoarding unused supplies. Only 3% of people in low-income countries are fully vaccinated, compared with more than 60% in high-income countries.” And that’s how new variants manifest themselves and spread.

Nope, almost Omicron certainly comes from Africa - poor treatment of Aids lowers immunity, the omicron variant probably developed in someone in whom a covid injection did not develop sufficient immunity, and variations in the virus were able to develop. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/26/vaccine-resistant-what-scientists-know-new-covid-variant

If the omicron variant were less pathogenic, the greater infectivity (allowing omicron to replace delta) would be very positive.Therefore, we need to closely monitor the clinical data of omicron patients (in South Africa and worldwide).

"The head of the South African Medical Association told the BBC that the cases found so far in South Africa - where only about 24% of the population is fully vaccinated - were not severe, but said investigations into the variant were still at a very early stage. "The patients are mostly complaining about a sore body and tiredness, extreme tiredness and we see it in the younger generation, it's not the older people... We're not talking about patients that might go straight to a hospital and be admitted," Dr Angelique Coetzee said. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59442129

giphy.gif.103caf97aed60ebbb1fc99fdbc5758b6.gif

Random note: why 'omikron'? Why were two letters of the Greek alphabet skipped? -'Now' would cause too much confusion with 'New'. "Xi" is the name of Chinese President Xi Jinping, and WHO thought this was diplomatically delicate.

4 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If touring the UK and Europe in 2022 is not possible. What they could do is The US Shows in 2022 then do UK/Europe and Australia/New Zealand in 2023

New Zealand :lol:, they close up shop if one case shows up. 2050 maybe.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If touring the UK and Europe in 2022 is not possible. What they could do is The US Shows in 2022 then do UK/Europe and Australia/New Zealand in 2023

If they can't tour Europe due to Covid, they certainly won't be able to tour America, because our vaccination rate is lower than many European countries, and too many here haven't taken this pandemic seriously since it began.  That's why they're apparently starting the tour in Europe, and waiting to see how things progress in America before announcing anything for here.

I think it's actually the other way round. So many American bands have been cancelling their Europe tours this fall and winter and instead opted for playing in the States. Europe simply has too many borders to cross and too many individual rules to follow, plus there's always the chance of forced quarantines after entering a country.

Examples: American Aquarium had planned to tour Europe in October, postponed a year, now touring at home. Dropkick Murphys had a five-week tour planned for January/February, postponed a year, have a tour booked at home. I have tickets for Lettuce in the Netherlands in February, let's see what happens ...

Suzanne had everything booked for Backyard Babies in Sweden for her birthday in a couple of weeks.  She's almost given up on being able to go ... but not quite.  To say she's upset would be an understatement.