Greasy Lake Community

Bruce nods as Obama implies his fans are racists

1 hour ago, Racing on Thunder Road said:

Bruce also tells this same story in the BTR book. Seems pretty clear to me that this specific instance is what Obama was referring to. Silly to make it out as anything more.

But the Obama haters need to make mountains out of molehills and drag Bruce into it, too.  It’s what they do.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

But the Obama haters need to make mountains out of molehills and drag Bruce into it, too.  It’s what they do.

It’s what both sides do. Don’t point the finger at one side without acknowledging the other side does the exact same thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Seebab said:

Quite an overreaction from the OP to what was actually said in my opinion. Obama speaks a lot of sense to me and I don't think he says anything wrong. I don't see at any point Bruce throwing his whole fanbase under a bus here either.  

Not the whole fanbase, just the white fans.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:32 PM, Jerm23 said:

Love the music and the legacy with all my heart and soul, but Bruce the man constantly disappoints. Even those of you on the left should be repulsed at this implication that Bruce’s white fans are inherently racist. Insanity. 

https://www.westernjournal.com/bruce-springsteen-just-nods-silence-obama-calls-fans-vile-racists/?ff_source=conservativenewsapp&ff_medium=westernjournalism&ff_campaign=newsleap&ff_content=2021-10-28

Bruce Springsteen Just Nods in Silence as Obama Calls His Fans Vile Racists

By Jack Gist  October 28, 2021 at 9:06am 

Leftists talk about unity and then routinely sow seeds of discontent. It’s a habit they don’t want to break. They want no peace.

Former President Barrack Obama and rocker Bruce Springsteen casually fell into the habit in a recent interview on CBS.

In the interview, Obama said, “In an ideal world, what Bruce and Clarence portrayed on stage was essentially a reconciliation, right? And redemption. But most of your audiences were primarily white. And they can love Clarence when he’s on stage, but if they ran into him in a bar, suddenly the N-word comes out.”

Springsteen’s reply was a nod of the head and “Yeah,” as if most of his fans are (or were) vile racists.

Clarence Clemons, known as “The Big Man,” was a highly talented saxophonist who played with Springsteen’s E Street Band from 1972 until his death in 2011. He also put out several solo albums and had a hit single, “You’re a Friend of Mine,” with Jackson Browne. Furthermore, he played a wonderful rendition of the national anthem.

Isn’t it a wonder that Clemons achieved all of this in a rabidly racist society? I wonder if Clemons would appreciate being touted for the color of his skin rather than his talent as a musician.

The U.S. has had problems with racism in the past, and the problem, hopefully to a lesser and lesser extent, will continue in the future. We live in a fallen world, and there will always be dark forces lurking about. But there is plenty of good in the world as well.

To suggest that a “primarily white audience” would automatically use the N-word if Clemons walked into a bar is absurd. If the word wasemployed, it would have had to have been whispered to avoid the wrath of the overwhelming number of fans — white, black, brown or purple — who would have rushed to Clemons’ defense.

If so many white people were racists, Springsteen would have been pressured to kick Clemons out of the band. For Springsteen to throw his fans under the bus with a nod of the head at the behest of race-baiting Barrack Obama is beyond insulting. It is, in fact, racist against white and black people because it stereotypes human beings by the color of their skin. It is racist to all people. We all have skin. All skin has color.

Shame on Springsteen and Obama.

Remember, though, in a fallen world, we are all guilty to some extent. It can be hard to admit, but it’s true.

People like Barrack Obama and Bruce Springsteen act as if they are above all guilt, above us all, with their habitual virtue signaling. In reality, they are purveyors of hatred and division. They want no peace. There’s nothing for them to gain there.

Leftists project themselves as the would-be the rulers of a coming utopia. The kind of behavior shown here by Obama and Springsteen can lead only to perdition.

Don’t follow them into the pit.

Mr. Obama: “In an ideal world, what Bruce and Clarence portrayed on stage was essentially a reconciliation, right? And redemption. But most of your audiences were primarily white. And they can love Clarence when he’s on stage, but if they ran into him in a bar, suddenly the N-word comes out.”

Mr. Springsteen: a nod and a yeah.

The article is of course not satisfied with what Mr. Obama says. No, since we all know what kind of man he is, we all know, that what he really proclaims is this: His ( Mr. Springsteen's) Fans (are) Vile Racists. And since we also know what man Mr. Springsteen is, we all know, that what he nods and says yeah to, is not what he nods and says no to, but what we proclaim to be what Mr. Obama says. Yes, when Mr. Springsteen nods and says yeah, he is declaring, that all his fans are vile racists. That is the very truth. And apparently they also imply that USA is a ”rabidly racist society”. But the article and we know better. They are lying. How do we know? Well, Mr. Clemons was black, and still made it to the stars. And many others did the same, for exaple Mr. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. How did they not reach the top and became famous and important! And do not put forward again that ”yellow man” we have talked about in this forum. We all know, that the 3.5 miljon ”yellow man and women and children” that dies in Vietnam was not killed for the color of their skin. No, they were ”left”. And we know, ”Leftists talk about unity and then routinely sow seeds of discontent. It’s a habit they don’t want to break. They want no peace.” Well, now at least some of them rest in peace. You see, not racism, but to reveal racism is racism. The ones who reveals racism and its consequences, hatred and division, are the ones who propagate hate and division. What is wrong is not wrong, but to say it is wrong is wrong.

I will not here refer to the statistics (income, quality of schools, % poor, % in jail, % dead in wars and so on, you can easily find it in internet) that clearly show that not only USA but also most countries are inherent racist, I will just end with saying, that racism in words and attitudes only reflects that economic and cultural racism that is at the very core of most countries, and what people suffer most from.

1 hour ago, ulfhpersson said:

Mr. Obama: “In an ideal world, what Bruce and Clarence portrayed on stage was essentially a reconciliation, right? And redemption. But most of your audiences were primarily white. And they can love Clarence when he’s on stage, but if they ran into him in a bar, suddenly the N-word comes out.”

Mr. Springsteen: a nod and a yeah.

The article is of course not satisfied with what Mr. Obama says. No, since we all know what kind of man he is, we all know, that what he really proclaims is this: His ( Mr. Springsteen's) Fans (are) Vile Racists. And since we also know what man Mr. Springsteen is, we all know, that what he nods and says yeah to, is not what he nods and says no to, but what we proclaim to be what Mr. Obama says. Yes, when Mr. Springsteen nods and says yeah, he is declaring, that all his fans are vile racists. That is the very truth. And apparently they also imply that USA is a ”rabidly racist society”. But the article and we know better. They are lying. How do we know? Well, Mr. Clemons was black, and still made it to the stars. And many others did the same, for exaple Mr. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. How did they not reach the top and became famous and important! And do not put forward again that ”yellow man” we have talked about in this forum. We all know, that the 3.5 miljon ”yellow man and women and children” that dies in Vietnam was not killed for the color of their skin. No, they were ”left”. And we know, ”Leftists talk about unity and then routinely sow seeds of discontent. It’s a habit they don’t want to break. They want no peace.” Well, now at least some of them rest in peace. You see, not racism, but to reveal racism is racism. The ones who reveals racism and its consequences, hatred and division, are the ones who propagate hate and division. What is wrong is not wrong, but to say it is wrong is wrong.

I will not here refer to the statistics (income, quality of schools, % poor, % in jail, % dead in wars and so on, you can easily find it in internet) that clearly show that not only USA but also most countries are inherent racist, I will just end with saying, that racism in words and attitudes only reflects that economic and cultural racism that is at the very core of most countries, and what people suffer most from.

Word salad. Those statistics do not mean a country is racist 

3 hours ago, Jerm23 said:

Word salad. Those statistics do not mean a country is racist 

I think the Wiki-article "Discrimination based on skin color" describes very precise the context in which Mr. Springsteen and Mr. Obama are speaking. See the part concerning USA ( History, Business, Criminal justice system, Education, Health, Housing and land, Labor market, Media, Politics, Beauty, Sports). It exposes a society that is racist on every level. In the bar as well as in the White house.

Now, I love Bruce Springsteen's music and I still think he's the greatest rock 'n' roll singer that ever lived, but I must say that it's quite obvious that he has changed a lot since his prime in the seventies and eighties. What I see when I think of Springsteen nowadays is a filthy rich guy spending time with other filthy rich guys who knows nothing about the lives of ordinary people, he only knows that they aren't as good as him. It's sad but (imo) he often comes off as ignorant, hypocritical and condescending. 

Like, two extremely privileged and successful guys (one is a former president  and Nobel peace price winner [I guess dead people doesn't count if they were killed by drones] and the other is one of the most popular and richest rock stars in the world), are doing a podcast where they look down on ordinary people (but they will gladly take your money, so please buy their book) and somehow they still view themselves as rebels and sluggers, despite all their wealth and success. Like, is it possible to get more out of touch with reality? Or is the title just an ironic joke?

There really are few things that annoy me more than seeing and hearing celebrities sitting in their ivory towers and lecturing the small guys of how bad persons they are. Ricky Gervais said it well when he hosted the Golden Globe Awards 2020:

"So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.

So if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your God and fuck off, OK?".

With all that said I still can turn to an old live clip of Sherry Darling from or The Promised Land whenever I feel down and immediately get a bit happier, and that's great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ulfhpersson said:

I think the Wiki-article "Discrimination based on skin color" describes very precise the context in which Mr. Springsteen and Mr. Obama are speaking. See the part concerning USA ( History, Business, Criminal justice system, Education, Health, Housing and land, Labor market, Media, Politics, Beauty, Sports). It exposes a society that is racist on every level. In the bar as well as in the White house.

That’s correct - if you think like Obama and make EVERYTHING about race. I could write a wiki article with a lot of big words bout how potato chips have been the downfall of the western world. But it doesn’t make it TRUE. The people that turn everything into race issues are the true racists in our midsts. 

• Like 3

OK, I am thinking this one is used up - will leave your posts for consideration by others, but I will lock it down to future arguments/replies.

No single post caused this decision, there are small problems with several posts and it will only escalate, so we might as well put the fire out now.

If you want to find places to post about politics/Obama/Springsteen I will suggest you check Google