Greasy Lake Community

Full albums live video playlist project- For the fans

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Thunder Road from Los Angeles 1985?

Oh yes I do love that version! Probably one of the last really great versions before Bruce changed the way he sang the song. I think though with the BITUSA bombast and the addition of Nils and Patti, it loses some of the purity of the raw rock and roll quality it had. Although, that ending with the slide and the 'everlasting kiss' with Clarence is damn epic. 

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well as it was my first version id go with LINYC for the 10th

i love all that shit !

but its certainly not everyone's cup of tea

i was wondering what BTR you would choose ?

i just said yesterday has nothing that isnt brillant ever come outta Tempa !

I think the thing with LINYC 10th is yes, its an epic, great performance. But it sprawls out for so long and becomes a lot of other things and loses focus on the song itself. Tempe keeps the focus on the song at its core. 

Its hard for me to find an ultimate favourite version of BTR. There are so many good ones! Haha 

Tempe just blew my mind completely away when I first watched it. How was such a blistering performance locked away in a vault for 35 years?! Worth the price of The River boxset alone. If I was going to show a non fan the best of Bruce and E Street live, Tempe is my go to. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Well I think for an album playlist. an album Songs better came from the same tour. only this way . You can hear it them without obvious vocal changes. sound quality changes

Valid point 

20 hours ago, Tenthavenuefreezeout said:

Well I think for an album playlist. an album Songs better came from the same tour.

For Darkness the Paramount 2009 DVD would suffice then.:)

A lot to choose from for Darkness: Phoenix 1978, the Passaic 1978 shows, Houston 1978, Largo 1978, Largo 1980, Tempe 1980...

....and that's only 1978 and 1980. And with No Nukes to be released soon.

Edit: and Something In The Night from Red Bank 1976!:wub: (Something In The Night was better in 1976, 1977 AND in 1978; AND in the Reunion Era!:))

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments and for your help on this so far guys. Right now, I'm unsure how to proceed. After seeing some of the stunning performances of the No Nukes shows, its frustrating that the performances aren't being released individually on Youtube. It doesn't feel right to have the Tempe version of Thunder Road with the flubs from Bruce and Clarence, when one of the greatest performances of Thunder Road has been released, but not uploaded online. They don't even have The River and Thunder Road from the original No Nukes film uploaded! WTF?! So I think right now, I might put this project on pause until a better version is released. :( 

13 hours ago, Young Scott said:

So I think right now, I might put this project on pause until a better version is released. :( 

Just a thought: skip chronological order and continue with Nebraska, BUSA, Tunnel, HT/LT and so on. And return to the older albums later?