Greasy Lake Community

2 Tunes

OK, so we are 90% sure there will be a tour next year sometime. And its a 50/50 bet if this is the last tour for the ESB. 

What 2 new songs are a must have this coming tour? (as of right now, Letter To You and Western Stars albums are your options) 

What 2 older songs you have been chasing or just want to hear! 

What 2 songs need a rest!

Mine are as follows: 2 New - Burning Train and I'll See You in My Dreams, 2 Older tunes - Roulette and Code of Silence, 2 that need a rest - The Rising and Tenth Ave Freeze Out. 

Ok but if we got rosie outta incident that would be ok so rosie could stay and  perhaps the sunny day kid could sit it out

Sorry for multible posts - heating baked beans on the stove and making toast for a late breakfast

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

2 New - Ghosts and Janey Needs A Shooter (if that doesn't count then I'll See You in My Dreams)

2 Older tunes - Drive All Night and Loose Ends

2 that need a rest - 10th Avenue and Hungry Heart

Oh Jezzzzzzz

Another loose ends fan

Can i just gift all you loose end nuts the one i got in Auckland (stupid sign request) and exchange it for almost anything else and ill throw in the PMMMD i got in Mocton as a bonus (and its redicoulss xmas light sign request)

Sorry im grouchy

(I couldn't sleep after watching too much stuff on Hitler on Netflex)

2 New - Ghosts and I'll See You in My Dreams - Would love Western Stars or Moonlight Motel, but don't expect them

2 Older tunes - Shut out the Light and Trapped are always welcome

2 that need a rest - 10th Avenue and Hungry Heart - I know they are both about as obligatory as BTR, but one can wish, right?

• Like 2

2 new: Sleepy Joes Cafe, Burnin Train

2 old: I would love to see Paradise by the C make a return, also Detroit Medley (how it was Darkness/River)

2 that need a rest: Dancing in the Dark, Shout

Personally I'd like to see the setlist shaken up a bit, move songs from the expected locations (maybe return to opening a show with BTR instead of having that in the encores)

• Like 3

it pains me to say this but i think 10th should have been retired after C passed or at least limited to full album BTR shows

i did enjoy the video montage to C and later Danny in the 10ths i have seen live but id rather Bruce played C's parts on guitar or harmonica

no disrespect to Jake, its just how i feel

my favourite 10ths are from the reunion shows

13 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

10th should have been retired

not to mention it's really not played great as one of the last songs of the night... bruce is almost always exhausted and running around during the song doesn't help the already weathered vocals. really doesn't do the song justice without Big Man or a strong vocal performance.

• Like 1

If, despite some previous posts, including the most impopular post in the history of Greasy Lake, I would be there; the two songs I don't want to hear are:

Out In The Street and Land Of Hope And Dreams.

As for other songs, as was often said before in these kind of discussions, there are always newbies who would like to hear all the warhorses; some would -maybe- even like to hear Sunny Day with a Sunny Day kid! Like previous post said, shaking up the setlist with changing sequence of songs instead of dropping them could be a good idea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lampi said:

If, despite some previous posts, including the most impopular post in the history of Greasy Lake, I would be there; the two songs I don't want to hear are:

Out In The Street and Land Of Hope And Dreams.

As for other songs, as was often said before in these kind of discussions, there are always newbies who would like to hear all the warhorses; some would -maybe- even like to hear Sunny Day with a Sunny Day kid! Like previous post said, shaking up the setlist with changing sequence of songs instead of dropping them could be a good idea.

(not mentioning your first paragraph):P

apart from BTR i find the songs in the encore a bit of a downer ...for the simple reason the show is going to be over soon and i know that because i recognise the encore line up

if Roise was up in the first quarter maybe i would like her more

DITD would definatly benifit from coming out of the encore

Id like to open with Badlands

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

(not mentioning your first paragraph):P

apart from BTR i find the songs in the encore a bit of a downer ...for the simple reason the show is going to be over soon and i know that because i recognise the encore line up

if Roise was up in the first quarter maybe i would like her more

DITD would definatly benifit from coming out of the encore

Id like to open with Badlands

Personally .....having seen Bruce a fair amount of times in the reunion era ...... There have been so few shows where the encore was anywhere NEAR the highlight for me ..... The only one for me was probably the MSG River Show from 2009....,,

• Like 1

Just now, Early North Jersey said:

Personally .....having seen Bruce a fair amount of times in the reunion era ...... There have been so few shows where the encore was anywhere NEAR the highlight for me ..... The only one for me was probably the MSG River Show from 2009....,,

phew

glad its not just me

• Like 1

new - don't really care as long as both are from LTY.

old - Fire, and Mona/She's The One would be my top 2.  Have got Fire at least once before, She's the One several times, but no Mona.

retire - Waiting On a Sunny Frickin' Day and pretty much the entire encore lineup.  I don't see 10th being dropped as that is the tribute to C.  Hungry Heart will only go if/when the crowd surfing does.  WOASD is old enough that the original kids probably have kids old enough for the kid part.

Much as I love the River songs, I would also add Out in the Street as a song to retire.

One of the more bland rockers from an otherwise fantastic album, it's always been a surprise to me that Bruce has played it so often in concert.

Replace it with Jackson Cage Bruce !

• Like 1