Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

***The official Grammy bitterness forum***

I don't care how hot Norah Jones is, how good a voice she has or how good that one song is, i've heard the rest of her album and it isn't Bruce caliber. This was a robbing of epic proportion. I'm going to go punch through a bathroom stall.
Should I really be this pissed over this? The short answer is probably no, but shit I need a couple of drinks.

LITC

Filth, Filth, Dirt, Filth, Filth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't use foul language!!!!!!!!!

Guest hector

it's mind blowing that they could do something as good as the tribute to Joe, and turn around and hose Bruce the way they did

I'm just as shocked as you are. I had the VCR on and ready to record Bruce accepting his Grammy's. Then I find out that he did win three and they didn't bother to televise it. I'm not falling for the Grammy hype next year!

The thing I'm pissed about is that they could have saved a short portion of their 3 1/2 hours of tv time to show a rock legend receive 1 of his 3 awards. C'mon now.

My wife is pissed because our 5 yr old daughter is named Norah and now that name is gonna get real popular.

I feel sick to my stomach.
I've heard the Jones album, all the songs sound the same.
This whole thing disgusts me.

All they had to do was add an another 5 minutes to the show so Bruce could've accepted at least one of his awards on the air!! Just like ILLINIKEV that actually really pisses me off! This is a rock legend we're talking about, surely 5 minutes wouldn't have hurt!

That's it, I'm off to bed. Thanks for the entertainment guys (Grammy's play-by-play thread).

I still can't believe it.

I feel sick to my stomach.
I've heard the Jones album, all the songs sound the same.
This whole thing disgusts me.

Believe it or not, people say this same thing about Bruce. I know, I live with one of them. Anyway, I did like that Bruce has resurrected the River/No Nukes sideburns. Cool.

Thats the last time i will ever watch the stupid Grammys!! The only good part was that we saw him perform twice. I cant believe how much the grammys sucked! I know Bruce doesnt care but he so deserved that Album of the year! It really stinks how you can win 3 awards and have none of them on TV. Im kicking myself for falling for there hype again.!

Wendy

Really not that surprised, this has been the history of the Grammy's for 45 years.
Wonder how many people Snorah slept with to get those trophies
Thank you Bruce, Elvis, etc. for the best part of the whole boring evening, the tribute:
07scenepunk02.jpg

The thing I'm pissed about is that they could have saved a short portion of their 3 1/2 hours of tv time to show a rock legend receive 1 of his 3 awards. C'mon now.

My wife is pissed because our 5 yr old daughter is named Norah and now that name is gonna get real popular.

Very POOR JUDGEMENT on part of the Grammy peeps. What were they thinking?

HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS SCREW JOB - BITTERNESS?

I MEAN COME ON.........NORAH JONES?

SHE CUT ONE REALLY GOOD SONG & THEY GIVE
ALL THE MAJOR THE GRAMMYS TO HER......................... WHAT A JOKE!

THE FOLKS THAT VOTED HER THE ALBUM OF THE
YEAR HAVE THEIR F*CKING HEADS UP THEIR ASSES.

LET'S TELL IT LIKE IT IS, HUH!

JONES WILL BE ANCIENT HISTORY AFTER RELEASING
HER NEXT ALBUM AND IT TANKS! MARK MY WORDS!

BONNIE RAITT GOT THE SENTIMENTAL NOD BACK IN
THE 90'S WITH A SO SO ALBUM, BRUCE WRITES
AND MAKES AN EXCELLENT WELL DESERVING ALBUM AND
HE GETS RECOGNIZED IN THE ALL BUT FORGOTTEN
ROCK CATEGORY.

IT'S A SHAME THAT THE GRAMMIES WON'T PROBABLY
RECOGNIZE BRUCE'S TALENT UNTIL HE'S EITHER
DEAD AND GONE OR WHEN HE'S A VERY OLD MAN!

GREAT PERFORMANCES TONIGHT! BUT WHAT A LETDOWN
I KNOW THE SONG "THE RISING" DID NOT DESERVE
SONG OF THE YEAR, IT DOES BELONG TO JONES! BUT
THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE
RISING! NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE! I HAS TO BE
SAID! SORRY IF YOUR OFFENDED. ((YOU PC MULES)

AND TO BRUCE, DON'T BOTHER YOURSELF WITH THAT SHOW AGAIN, IT'S NOT WORTHY!

SEE EVERBODY IN THE STADIUMS!

Just a plain injustice! Norah blows! WTF! They should not bother to aire shows that are so criminal! I really thought it would come down to Bruce & Eminem, what a shock!

Well, at least listening to Nora I do believe I have found a cure for my insomnia. Snooze city, you bet!!

F*CK THE GRAMMYS.

I THOUGHT. WELL IT IS A LONG TIME COMING,

BUT FINALLY BRUCE IS GOING TO GET SOME OF THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES.

BUT THEY GIVE IT TO A ONE HIT WONDER.

F*CK THAT !

WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSH1T.

THE THING THAT I AM SPEWING ABOUT THE MOST, IS THAT BRUCE ATTEND THE AWARDS ! HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM TO F*CK OFF AND NOT EVEN GONE !

I've listened to Norah Jones' album and I must say, it does sound pretty good, if not a little too repetitive.

But Album of the Year? I would have given it to Eminem before her. I'm trying to be as impartial as I can,
but I just feel that Bruce...deserved this one. Maybe the topical matter turned voters off.

Mike

this thread reminds me of all the nsync threads on another board after they didn't get any awards a few years ago.

this thread reminds me of all the nsync threads on another board after they didn't get any awards a few years ago.
LMAO!!!!!!!
Did anyone notice by the time Snorah got her album award MSG was almost empty, there was hardly any applause either and they all looked very uncomfortable on stage accepting.

This is precisely how Eminem fans felt after Steely Dan won two years ago. I'm a diehard SD fan, but the only reason Eminem didn't win that year was because of the controversy surrounding him. Bruce will cope just fine--I wonder if Norah Jones will ever live up to this hype.

I think you're all giving far too much credence to some poxy awards. Why do you care? You don't need these awards to validate your liking of Bruce, do you?

I must agree that Bruce should feel he was completely used tonight - all of the advertisments for the past several weeks, grammy's in his own backyard, performing live tonight(twice).

The next time he's nominated for a grammy he should play a 20 minute version of Rosalita/Backstreets/Jungleland (take your pick) just to f*ck with the show being able to be kept on time or better yet just not show.

Let him get his award while he's playing live somewhere in the US where they do a live feed so that his fans can celebrate it with him.

This was complete bullshit.

Yep...it was bullshit!!!

They used him(but he used them too....to get free promotion of The Rising.)

Nevertheless, he got screwed! A total f^ckover!!!

What a dissapointment!

I got sucked into that boring peace of crap show....NEVER again!!!!

The only highlights were the two Bruce performances(though I heard the Simon & Garfunkle reunion was cool...I'll have to rewind and watch that.)

The whole thing is fixed! Who did Norah blow to get that award???

That award belonged to Bruce!

What a total snub!!!

The acadamy does not know good music from a hole in the wall...How old are all thier judges???? I bet not one is in thier 30's to 50's.....NOT ONE!!!!

It's all fixed!!! Should have known this would happen...

After Stealy Dan one last year, I figured things would change....Guess not!

Norah Who????

F^ckin shit man!!!

Norah Jones is the next Anita Baker/ Whitney Houston/ Celine Dion/Christopher Cross. Where are they now- Vegas acts because they can't do sh*t! Bruce was robbed- should have had 5 Grammy's- only got 3- and I didn't see any of those on the idiot box(did I miss something?). Apparently the members who were allowed to vote in only 8 categories didn't pay attention to anyone over the age of 40- "there the bands my parents listen to". Thank god a lot of those people are too stupid to vote. Or are they(Bush)?

The last time I watched the Grammys was like... 1996 I think. I was bored to tears then. I was bored to tears tonight. I was especially bored during Norah Jones' song. It was unbelievably DULL, with no emotion or punch or anything you would expect from a great song.

My local CBS station was showing backstage clips during the commercials and I saw Norah with a whole armful of Grammys so I just knew she won album of the year before they announced it. I have never understood the Grammys. They give the awards to the most random people. Maybe they're like consolation prizes... "Well, we know no one will know who you are a year from now, so we'll give you this hardware so you can say you won a few Grammys once" I mean, what beat Born In The USA for album of the year? Yeah, I don't remember either... someone I've never heard of.

Ok, the weatherman on the CBS news right now just called the Grammy show "interesting" and said there was alot of "variety" (yeah, the same boring bland person won every single award, that's variety.)

I hate that Bruce didn't win album of the year. I hate even more that Norah Jones *did* win. What I hate the most is that they didn't even mention Bruce's other 3 wins... I had no idea until I checked the internet after the show was over. But I did find out who won "Best Children's Spoken Word Album"! I can sleep now that I know that!

What I did like: Bruce's sideburns , and his 2 performances.