Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost of Con Joad

Phil Collins is better than Bruce...

Not sure why, but he is.

thats a pretty tall statement, got anything to back that up

brooooooooooooooooooce rules

I think PC are better initials than BS

In this Politically Correct, no Bull Shit world, you might be right

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I’ve seen your face before my friend
But I don’t know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you’ve been
It’s all been a pack of lies

Fess up. You know Bruce is better than Phillip.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Sorry, the title of this post has me pissing myself with laughter. Really brightened up my day.

I've seen some shite on these boards, but this is the shitiest.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Sorry, the title of this post has me pissing myself with laughter. Really brightened up my day.

I've seen some shite on these boards, but this is the shitiest.

that is one of the best posts.... IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

“I pledge allegiance to the music
of Bruce Springsteen
and to the Estreet band for which it stands,
one nation under Bruce, indivisible,
with Rock and justice for all.”

I think phill should tour wit the E Street Band.

people, people....its about time we had a thread like this......deep down its been bothering you all and youve been trying to fight it, but sometimes you have to let the truth ring out and like joad just did, admit that Phil far surpasses "the boss" in greatness, musically and in icon status.

In the Air Tonight - surpassess and puts to rest anything on the Nebraska album and every song on The River, except the title track. and thats just one song...phil is the hit maker, hits that kills weak output from the likes of musicians like stinksteen

one more piece of info that is important to this discussion, No Jacket Require teamed with Philesis's Invisible Touch are the albums of the 80's...delivered more hits than clarence onto his wife....kills its nearest competitiors, bitusa, the river, nebraska, tol....digs their grave, dumps em in and covers em back up, delivers the eulogy and still has time to rock stereos from coast to coast

and that people is why phil collins is better than bruce

Just one word will defeat this argument......

SUSUSUDIO

Without a doubt, one of the worst songs in history......

Just one word will defeat this argument......

SUSUSUDIO

Without a doubt, one of the worst songs in history......

your argument has fallen and crumbled into dust while you were pressing the post button.....first off you spelt the hit that is Sussudio wrong...and if you were attempting to post the chorus as it is sung on the no 1 record...then you also failed because that is a conjunction of su and su and then sudio....which comes out as

su-su-sudio and hence is not one word because it is broken up by two hyphens

That doesn't negate the fact that it's still one of the worst songs in history.....I'd rather listen to Sugar Sugar by the Archies.....or anything by Donny Osmond.

By the way, what ever happened to Mr. Collins' career?

that you would rather listen to the archies says something about your tastes in music not the quality of collins.....we want objective discussion here so lets leave tastes aside

collins career has been firmly cemented into the musical history books, from saving and ressurecting genesis (should be known as philesis) from the talentless and medicore gabriel...to going on to become the greatest solo act of the 80's bar none....his going solo was greater than any solo attempt by the likes of the beatles and others on "that level"....and finally collins has managed to show that he has the intelligence and ability to adapt to changing market trends and still cash in....when animated films were all the rage....where was phil? cashing in on tarzan....thats where.....phil, you truly are the king of all kings

I'll agree to disagree with you regarding the brilliance (or lack thereof) of Mr. Collins. But Bruce's worst song is still better than Phil's best! (I take that back...."In the Air" is probably better than "Goin' Cali")

Guys, they're all being sarcastic. Onewaystreet, if he posts on this thread, might not be, however. Phil Collins is a pop relic and has never in his long (sorta) career been able to write anything with a modicum of depth. He now writes for Disney movies.

Case. In point.

oh i can assure you, my comments were made with the uptmost seriousness.......i find the attacks and ridicule of phil collins as funny as a positive aids test. my brother would agree whole heartedly with what i have written so far on this issue.....i admit i have been known to take the piss from time to time on this site, but on the issue of phil, that is where all humour leaves me and where i strive to make people see the prejudice that guides their comments on mr collins.....he truly is an icon that rivals, if not, topples the man known as springsteen

regarding the depth of his writing in relation to disney films....a lot of depth is present there, by writing for disney the depths of his pockets can be fully stuffed with cash, which is why all musicians write and make music.....regardless of deluded claims to the contrary....phil collins is a man who has stayed true to the game for 3 decades...has managed to reap unimaginable wealth WHILE at the same time producing music that will forever exist as eternal exemplars of ingenuity and creativity......he can connect with the masses on an unprecedented scale......i kid you not, when i say that phil is the man

he truly is an icon that rivals, if not, topples the man known as springsteen

That's just wrong in so many ways.....