Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady of the Lake

Collection Organization

Does anyone have a recommendation for a database organizer for music, books, etc. I started to put my own together in access, and then realized there probably was some excellent system already out there. Help! I'm drowning in disorganization (and the lake too)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a database organizer for music, books, etc. I started to put my own together in access, and then realized there probably was some excellent system already out there. Help! I'm drowning in disorganization (and the lake too)

Welcome to my world IPB Image IPB Image

I let a month or so go by where I didn't document the new shows, and it's been downhill ever since IPB Image

I let a month or so go by where I didn't document the new shows, and it's been downhill ever since IPB Image

YOU SHOULD NEVER LET THE A MONTH SLIP AWAY!

THESE DOWNHILL SITUATIONS MENTIONED HERE ARE VERY UNFORTUNATE AND NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER FROM.

I update my list on a daily basis (or on those days when it seems my door bell is constantly ringing with either special deliveries or the UPS delivery) sometimes twice daily!!!

I hope this helps Lake Lady -- and good luck - remember ORGANIZATION IS VERY IMPORTANT . . . and stick around hopefully someone else can help out here.

Or better yet, maybe in the next few days we can get an entire section devoted just to ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS.

Thanks

THESE DOWNHILL SITUATIONS MENTIONED HERE ARE VERY UNFORTUNATE AND NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER FROM.

I update my list on a daily basis (or on those days when it seems my door bell is constantly ringing with either special deliveries or the UPS delivery) sometimes twice daily!!!

I hope this helps Lake Lady -- and good luck - remember ORGANIZATION IS VERY IMPORTANT . . . and stick around hopefully someone else can help out here.

Or better yet, maybe in the next few days we can get an entire section devoted just to ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS.

Thanks

I'm waiting for Wiz to make me a color coded excel spreadsheet and Ritchie to help me w/ artwork IPB Image

So how do we get a color coded system? Do we get down and beg or what? Thanks for the suggestion--yea, I want to organize all my stuff--I've let toooo many months go by IPB Image

So how do we get a color coded system? Do we get down and beg or what? Thanks for the suggestion--yea, I want to organize all my stuff--I've let toooo many months go by IPB Image

Got him a GA and hotel room for VFC......still waiting IPB Image
Though he sent artwork for my DVDs and some bubbly IPB Image

How many months?

You could send them to me and I could organize, color-code and develop a very nice system for you.

How many months?

You could send them to me and I could organize, color-code and develop a very nice system for you.

IPB Image

How many months?

IPB Image

What!!!!

She might have a few CDs/DVDs that I don't have!!!

How many months?

Do you make housecalls? Hey, you sent me a bunch of this stuff, you could have just started the system IPB Image

How many months?

Do you make housecalls? Hey, you sent me a bunch of this stuff, you could have just started the system IPB Image

Housecalls . . . . you live south or north of the Mississippi?

How many months?

Housecalls . . . . you live south or north of the Mississippi?

East of the Pecos.

Thanks

I'm waiting for Wiz to make me a color coded excel spreadsheet and Ritchie to help me w/ artwork IPB Image

just call me and ill be more than happy to help

Thanks

just call me and ill be more than happy to help

Do YOU make housecalls? Should I just bring em w/ me next time I'm home?

not free but several have recommended this:
http://www.collectorz.com/music/

The cavalry has arrived!

All Hail Cliff- computer guru extraordinaire

The cavalry has arrived!

I'm just curious . . . .

This Cliff person .. . what kind of experience does he have that these other SCRATCH FORUM mods don't have???

Thanks

The cavalry has arrived!

I'm just curious . . . .

This Cliff person .. . what kind of experience does he have that these other SCRATCH FORUM mods don't have???

Thanks

I'd ask a Scratch Forum Mod, but I don't know how to do that IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

yes, uses CDDB online database which has most of the common Bruce boots

Hey Captain Tex: Do you have CatTraxx? I saw that and thought it would be a good program. I'm looking for a verifiable, sound organizational system.

Richie--you didn't leave a number so how can I call? IPB Image