Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACIM

Tech Question Of The Day 2/2/05

Actually I am a little early posting this - but seeing that I am still waiting on a response for yesterdays question I thought I'd toss up a softball question:

I am concerned about the cost of DVD blanks and how much space they
are
taking up. Many of the Bruce DVD's I have come on 2 disks and I was
wondering if I can use my new dual layer DVD burner so I can use just
one
blank. Will this also result in a faster burn? Can I still use DVD
Decrypter? Will I affect the quality of the video in any way - I am
very
concerned about this.

Ummmmmm........

(cut & paste from previous thread)
Your post will be outsourced to another location........ sorry for the inconvience........ please stand by............ the next available mod will be with you shortly.......... you will hear a slight clicking noise followed by silence............... your post is very important .......this post may be recorded for quality assurance...........

**don't make me change my sig line IPB Image**

I thought I'd toss up a softball question:

Hey Ankle, I'm confused your question has nothing to do with softball IPB Image !

-Tilt

If you are worried about the space that your dvd's are taking up I can think of a few possible solutions.

1) Send them to somebody to store for you. It could be like your own netflix. When you want to watch one email/pm the person who is storing them for you and they will send it to you. But you might want to do a kind of B&P for it where you would send a SASBM (Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Mailer) with a note for which show should be maile dback to you. Then when you are done watching it you can mail it back for safekeeping.

2) Re-auther them for the dual-layer media. But the dual-layer media doesn't hold twice as much as the single layer media, so you might end up with a little more than half as many dual-layer discs to hold all of your shows. Plus you would still have all of the shows on the single layer discs taking up space.

3) You can also store all of you dvd's on a couple of these which will take up a lot less space.