Guest Miami MArk

A little levity...

I spoke to some people last evening and by all accounts...the Squirrel story is true. I'm thinking Mark may have added a little spice to it...but there was in fact a squirrel on fire in the house.

It still cracks me up.

• Like 3

I had something similar happen to me a few years back (2009 or so?) so I definitely believe it could happen...I should've seen about coming back and posting on it but I may not have been able to at the time.

Bump -- for Jumpback.

And just because we could all use a chuckle on occasion.

B)

• Like 3

I had something similar happen to me a few years back (2009 or so?) so I definitely believe it could happen...I should've seen about coming back and posting on it but I may not have been able to at the time.

Post the story here ?

Love to here it.

I always found that drinking during thsee times of grief was very cathartic. Drink whatever you have in the house, that old bottle of red wine the neighbor gave you, the half bottle of absinthe that was left over from the frat party, the half case of Carlings Black Label in the basement...drink it all...and have yourself a good cry, and then look at your kids and be thankful you have them, and put it into perspective. This was a cat. You can have as many cats as you want, forever and ever. Sure they wont all be Stripey, but you can get drunk and sit around and tell them "Stripey Stories"....its a long life ahead of you Belinda, and you cant get hung up on one cat...share the love...go down to the local pet gas chamber and save one, bring it home, put it on the kitchen table, look it in the eye and say "welcome....get to work". I feel bad for old Stripey, but damn what if he would have lived and been paralyzed and had to get one of those skateboard things for his back legs. The Mice would have been screwing with him all the time...ya know making Stripey get stuck on the shag carpet, going up and down steps, things that mean mice will do, especially teenage mice.

I once had a dog name Rufus, he had one testicle cause a car parked on his tail and scrotum. We moved that car and saved his six week old bad ass self. He was a mutt and he loved me. But he had a bent tail and one nut for the rest of his life. You may ask what that has to do with this story, and I'll tell you, absolutely nothing, cept its amazing only one of his nuts was crushed. Anyway had Rufus for 13 years and one day he jumped up in my bed and layed on my chest and had a heart attack. Dead as a doornail. I wanted to bury him in the backyard, but aparently you cant bury anything in your backyard in Bklyn over 20 lbs or unless they belong to the Galante Family. On some late nights we think Rufus walks around the house. I think he is looking for his nut. Theres no moral to this story. We have enough moralizing here.

You have kids who are gonna worry Mom flipped her wig over a cat. Go get another today. Call it Spooky. It'll have some of Stripey's spirit if you get it fast enough. Good luck.

This. 

• Like 1

Great stuff.

Funny thing...I heard that very recently there was another squirrel in the chimney...no flames this time...and safely removed.

And I can confirm there was a dog named Rufus. Good times...still laugh when I read this stuff.