Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

CMT Crossroads: Bruce Springsteen

Just watching CMT Crossroads with Fogerty and Keith Urban last night and found myself thinking about a Bruce centric Crossroads. If you've never seen the show, it's quite good and the pairings are usually well suited. I was thinking about who Bruce could do a Crossroads with (not Toby Keith for obvious reasons). I guess the best person would be Tim McGraw, he's a fan and his songs are okay. They usually do about 8 songs, half and half, so I guess it could look something like this:

THE PROMISED LAND
I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT
RED RAGTOP
GROWIN' UP
PLEASE REMEMBER ME
SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT
LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYING
IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND (with special guests Faith Hill & Patti Scialfa)

Any comments, other suggestions for a Bruce CMT Crossroads?

LITC

Tim McGraw and Nelly are both Guitar Gods. IPB Image If you have any doubts just check out his intro to "It's Getting Hot in Here" off of the Winterland 03' boot.

LITC

First of all the Fogerty/Urban show was incredible- the best one yet. I wouldn't mind Tim McGraw as he is a huge Bruce fan though he is certainly not artistically close to an equal. But Tim has good songs and performs them well. Shame Ryan Adams already did a show with Elton John. Maybe someone like Pat Green- he is huge in Texas and has just broken into the country mainstream while still making the kind of music he has always made which is on the country rock side of the equation.

Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris.....to name just three that would be MILES better than McGraw....

Lucinda and Emmylou have already appeared. Steve Earle would be interesting as Bruce has been an influence.

First of all the Fogerty/Urban show was incredible- the best one yet. I wouldn't mind Tim McGraw as he is a huge Bruce fan though he is certainly not artistically close to an equal. But Tim has good songs and performs them well. Shame Ryan Adams already did a show with Elton John. Maybe someone like Pat Green- he is huge in Texas and has just broken into the country mainstream while still making the kind of music he has always made which is on the country rock side of the equation.

Yeah I was just thinking Ryan Adams, that woul be a very interesting pairing. IPB Image

Bruce & Loretta Lynn seems very interesting also!

I would love to see Toby & Bruce. Blue Moon is something I could see Bruce singing.

That being said, they're so politically apart, I doubt it'll happen. sad.gif

Bruce and Kris Kristoferson

Don't they usually pair an old guy with a young guy? I don't know of ANY young guys in the country music field (besides maybe Ryan Adams) who are fit to adjust Bruce's mic stand.

I would love to see Toby & Bruce. Blue Moon is something I could see Bruce singing.

That being said, they're so politically apart, I doubt it'll happen. IPB Image

Oh my God!!! They'd have to shoot me twice if that fooken happened!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed viewing the pairing of Fogerty and Urban on Crossroads. I also really liked the pairing of Martina McBride and Pat Benatar.

Mary Chapin Carpenter and Springsteen would make the best pairing on Crossroads. MCC is a huge Bruce fan, recording a version of Dancing in the Dark. Also, her cover of My Love Will Not Let You Down is awesome! It rocks!

...and she was raised in NJ (Princeton) to boot.

Being a huge fan of MCC and Bruce, seeing them share the stage (along with Browne, Raitt, Hornsby and Colvin) at MCI Center in DC in Sept. 1999 is one of my fondest concert memories.

If it were a political pairing I'd say Bruce and Linda Ronstadt. Maybe they could sing a song together from her latest album called Cry Me a River. From a guys point of view I'd like to see the threesome of Bruce and Dolly Parton, and who cares what they sang as long as Bruce chased her around the stage in a low cut blouse (Dolly, not Bruce).

Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris.....to name just three that would be MILES better than McGraw....

poppy ain't no dumbass

Don't they usually pair an old guy with a young guy? I don't know of ANY young guys in the country music field (besides maybe Ryan Adams) who are fit to adjust Bruce's mic stand.

ryan already played with elton.

Guest bushmanj

Toby is a Democrat. He's just not a pansy.

Toby is a Democrat. He's just not a pansy.

And he's hot.

Don't know where I read it but I know McGraw is a HUGE Bruce fan and even said flatout in an interview that he wants to do a song with him.

Bruce with Tim McGraw?? No thanks!! I don't like therse nasale country singers!!
Toby keith?? Most definitely not!

Pat Green would be a great choice I think.

But my favorite is Mary-Chapin Carpenter.
That would be AWESOME!!

Don't know where I read it but I know McGraw is a HUGE Bruce fan and even said flatout in an interview that he wants to do a song with him.

I have read that also, which leads me to think it is the most likely pairing. Tim and Bruce would also be the "superstar pairing" that would attract huge viewership

My choice would have been Kenny Chesney, who also has a relationship with Bruce, but he already did the show with Mellencamp.

My biggest beef with Tim is that he doesn't write any of his songs, he is a great performer but not a songwriter, nor does it appear that he wishes to be.

I guess the best person would be Tim McGraw, he's a fan and his songs are okay.

ahhh, the site of the two of them on stage wearing jeans IPB Image (and do you think Bruce might wear his cowboy hat IPB Image)... then tube in my TV might melt IPB Image