Greasy Lake Community

Danny's The Man!!!

Danny IS the man. Period. Roy's good, better technically, but I think his playing has become more...hm, I'm searching for the right word, here...he's playing more with his head than his heart, these days. Danny's all heart, and has always been. I miss Davey sometimes. He and Danny were magical together.

Here's my Dublin review of Danny's performance. The man was on fire! I was in the 2nd row back, near Patti, and had a great view of Danny. His solos in MCOR and You're Missing was first rate, as you would expect; and as ever he had loads of energy and was getting into it so much! I also noticed, during Out in the Street, that although his sound is harder to spot in that song, he really holds it together - it's the organ which glues the more prominent instruments together and helps create that E Street sound.

But of course our first encore was Kitty's back, and when a few of them all took a solo, it was Danny who shone most. Brilliant! So much wizardry and feeling in there. And he really seemed to be enjoying it.

Hooray for Danny.

Wasn't there talk of someone loving danny's organ, J?

If I remember correctly...

Yer, yuo're right that was Stay Hungry!

But of course our first encore was Kitty's back, and when a few of them all took a solo, it was Danny who shone most. Brilliant! So much wizardry and feeling in there. And he really seemed to be enjoying it.

Fantastic!!!

Wasn't there talk of someone loving danny's organ, J?

If I remember correctly...

Yer, yuo're right that was Stay Hungry!

Yer, I love Danny's organ.

Me too... Danny's organ's the greatest!

Oh yeah I forgot something before. When they all stood in a line to take a bow, you know how they do, Danny was at the far far end, furthest from me. But after a bit he moved around to stand at the other end, ie nearest to where we were. So we all got to cheer the man!

i cant wait to see him playing with his organ in milan

He plays with his organ better than anyone I know!!

Except maybe for John Medeski and Ed Harsch!