Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pleasantly plump

*DELETED*

You need to sell at face value on any respectable Bruce board. Try selling on eBay or craigslist.com if you want to recoup your own costs, which seems reasonable enough to me.

theres only 1 problem with this post..there is no section 129

I appreciate the problem you have, but the rules for the ticket forum are quite clear

Use this forum to sell, buy or trade your tickets and organize your travels and meetings with other Lakers. Please note that selling tickets for more than face-value is not allowed.

So if he/she says that the tickets are 85 dollars each and the TM charges are 150 dollars each, could he sell them for 900 dollars then? IPB Image

Guest honks5

Everyone is ultra sensitive here....if someone wants to post something that isn't offensive than they should have the right...at least I'm not trying to deceive anyone by my actions. If someone doesn't want to buy the tickets they can choose not to reply to my message. If someone wants an opportunity to buy the tickets than they have a right to view the options that people are providing if it's not meant to offend or hurt them. This is crazy...I know there are \"rules\" but there's just too much freaking censorship here...give people the right to choose if they want the tickets are not....I'm not forcing anyone to buy the tickets above \"face\".

Jezzz.....

I think you're missing the point.
Unless your tickets read $225 on them, then you're not selling them in the "spirit of face value". You can try and twist the word "face" to any meaning you like, but I don't remember seeing any ticket prices of $225. No one is accusing you of deceiving anyone, but at the same time don't call this censorship........it's not what is done here, and obviously the folks over at BTX feel the same, and I'm sure you'll find the same response on other Bruce Boards. Take the advice given above and go to Ebay.

My thought process was that I am selling at face value because I paid $900

You can't create a new face value based on what you paid. Face value is what is printed on the ticket - not on your credit card receipt.

Everyone is ultra sensitive here....if someone wants to post something that isn't offensive than they should have the right...at least I'm not trying to deceive anyone by my actions. If someone doesn't want to buy the tickets they can choose not to reply to my message. If someone wants an opportunity to buy the tickets than they have a right to view the options that people are providing if it's not meant to offend or hurt them. This is crazy...I know there are \"rules\" but there's just too much freaking censorship here...give people the right to choose if they want the tickets are not....I'm not forcing anyone to buy the tickets above \"face\".

Jezzz.....

It isn't censorship, it is the rules for this type of forum.

If we allow people to sell above the face value, then we are allowing people to profit from the resale of tickets----which can cause us to be considered a "sales outlet" for tickets, which we are not.

I understand you aren't the one profiting, and that someone else already has-----that doesn't change that we can't allow a post selling tickets for more than face value. It isn't about you or your situation, it is about selling tickets for a profit, no matter whom, no matter why.

You need to sell at face value on any respectable Bruce board. Try selling on eBay or craigslist.com if you want to recoup your own costs, which seems reasonable enough to me.

This is the only answer to your problem.

I am sorry we can't allow what you are asking but there are other websites where people can sell merchandise for any costs.

If you are willing to sell the tickets for their "face value" of $85 per ticket, I am sure you will have dozens of offers in minutes. If you are trying to recoup the money you have spent, the above options are your best bets