Greasy Lake Community

What do you think of the Addition of Soozie Tyrell To the E Street Band?

I really like the addition--it's esp. nice to hear that violin intro to "Jungleland" again. Also, her playing really put the live version of "Paradise" and the acoustic "The River" and "Youngstown" over the top, IMO

I'm going to have to agree with Adam. Yeah yeah, surprise I know.

Although sometimes I would like to not hear the violin too much.

I know I want too much guitar.

In Antwort auf:

...and Darlington county is VVVVVVVS with violin...and lots more too..

[/QUOTE]

I reckon that´s right.

I love the violin mixed with the E-Street sound. And Sooozies singing isn´t bad either!

She's the only reason why "Into the Fire" is listenable

Most of the songs (Especially the Rising songs) sound better but sometimes I'd rather hear it without the violin... I doesn't always improve the songs but a lot of times it does...

I'd say stay!

Cheers,
Manus

Danny can

Oh yeah, no question about it, I was thinking more along the lines of "when it comes to new additions to the band that may only be part of the band on this particular tour".

Danny can beat anyone with his arms tied behind his back, his legs amputated, a severed head and gutted and cleaned if he'd have to. No contest there, Danny's The Man.

Oh yeah, no question about it, I was thinking more along the lines of "when it comes to new additions to the band that may only be part of the band on this particular tour".

Danny can

Oh, I see.

[/QUOTE]Danny can beat anyone with his arms tied behind his back, his legs amputated, a severed head and gutted and cleaned if he'd have to. No contest there, Danny's The Man.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he can

I think Soozie adds a lot to the tour, but I can't help thinking she is more of a backing musician than a full fledged ESBer. I know she is officially in the band and everything, but she isn't on stage for lots of songs.

Whether she should stay or not, for the next tour depends largely on what kind of music that is being presented.

Guest Miami MArk

I think seeing Soozie on stage only solidifies the fact that Patti has no business being on stage at all. Soozie is a musician who came up the ladder and has learned and played with the greats. She also gives her all every night and actually appears to be jazzed just to be up there. She likes the background but holds her own when brought to the spotlight.
She is also kinda hot in a "Mrs Robinson" way...

I love the sound of the violin and the whole idea of Soozie being brought in, sorta coming full circle from the past blah bah blah, but her playing doesn't reach me. She may be good from a technical standpoint but I don't think she has the passion. I think she was chosen because she was a good buddy for Patti to have along for the ride more than for her musical abilities. The cello player touring with Lou Reed received a standing ovation after her solo the night I saw them play. She attacked that thing (but in a very good way). She made it bellow.

I've heard the violin is supposed to be the closest expression to the human voice that there is. I've heard violin solos that made me want to weep. Soozie's "voice" adds something, kind of like a background vocal would, but it's not anything special like it could be.

Archived