Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

These pictures tell my Madison story...

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't give my usual post concert review immediately following...been kind of biding my time. I have to say throughout my career of semi-professional "Bruce-Stalking" and concert going, this experience has been my favorite. It wasn't my favorite concert (damn close though), but as an experience and a whole this was certainly my day.

These pictures tell a lot of the story...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It was just phenomenal. Entirely. Got to meet WhoresAndGamblers, I have your pics, and while they unfortunately didn't turn out the greatest, i'll still PM them to you later tonight. Some other old and new Brucefriends. The line was well worth the wait, and up until maybe an hour before he showed, it was probably only 25-30 of us there. Good conversations had.

When Bruce came, he signed my Racing in the Streets Reader (now framed) and I asked him if he would please consider playing "Factory"...didn't happen but I took my shot.

VALENTINE'S DAY WAS SOUNDCHECKED AND PLAYED...AWESOME...EARS PRESSED AGAINST THE COLISEUM WALL!

Can't complain about the show...not at all. Milwaukee was better, but we got HIGHWAY 29, INCIDENT, LOST IN THE FLOOD, WILD BILLY'S, all first timers for me.

I'm actually glad I got "Incident" out of the way now, it's been a lot of shows without hearing that gorgeous staple. At one point in time I thought that I was just cursed in not being able to hear it, but hey....not true anymore!

These Wisconsin shows have really been cool this year.

The stage rush was great, as usual, my heart was pounding so fast at the tail end of Matamoras Banks that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I made it up to the front of the stage and was just about squished to death by the very over-exceeded maximum capacity pit.

Then I caught up with Loudlexy and her mom...and DownAtTheResevoir. Loudlexy, her mom and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Great Dane Pub (aka the Loudest Bar in the World...) and then it was off to Dream...Baby...Dream for me.

Semi-Sorta-Kinda Meeting Bruce is a very tiring thing... cool.gif

LITC

SCWEEEEEEET!! I hereby nominate you for "best Stalker pictures" ever posted at the Lake, hands down....! Good work...

LITC-

AWESOME!!!

Great pix! I'm so jealous.

Can't wait until the 2006 Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band Tour in Madison. (He sorta promised, didn't he?)

Always so good to see you, fellow Brucie!

-DATR

Amazing pics. Bruce looks good: not many guys his age could bear up under a telephoto lens like that...at least I'm guessing it was a telephoto lens. Either that you you were up WAY close!

Oddly enough, I was just that close. Just a plain old Digital Camera and the Boss standing next to me.

LITC

QUOTE(LoverInTheCold @ Oct 18 2005, 06:28 PM) [snapback]854861[/snapback]

Oddly enough, I was just that close. Just a plain old Digital Camera and the Boss standing next to me.

LITC

Wow. Too cool.

Does he smell good?

Just kidding.

Some great pics there.Thanks for posting them.

And thats a massive truck isn't,would like a go of driving that sucker cool.gif

What a great day, fine weather, nice people great Bruce show

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing those pics and your story.

Looks like a very freshly shaven face.........oh that face!!! LOL!!

And from out of the shadows.... Thanks for posting your pix, LoversIntheCold. It was fun meeting you and whoresandgamblers, and sharing the Bruce experience in Madison. I decided to stop lurking on Greasy Lake.

The closest I had come to "meeting" Bruce previously was outside the Park West in Chicago when he toured with Joe Grushecky in the mid-90's. That day I missed Bruce by about 10 minutes. Then in '99 in Detroit, he approached a crowd of us outside the Palace after the show and, when flashbulbs started going off, a lot of people from the parking lot started running towards the limo and Bruce just waved and hopped back in. Missed again...

Saturday, I wasn't going to miss him this time. My husband and I were talking and realized that any ONE of the many huge things that happened on Saturday would have been amazing. But no, it was a whole list of once-in-a-lifetime events:
- got Bruce's autograph
- "met" Bruce
- sat in the 4th row
- heard Incident, Blinded, Valentines Day, Growin' Up, etc.
- rushed the stage
- heard WILD BILLY'S
- and to top it off, I requested it and he said my name before the song (Jeannie)
- my husband shook Bruce's hand

I'm thankful to whoever else requested Wild Billy's and who Bruce referred to, in addition to me, before playing it. I told Bruce that the circus plays at the Alliant Energy Center and it would be a great night for Wild Billy's Circus Story. He said, "it does, huh? I gotta start writing some of these down. Does anyone have a piece of paper?" (add your own Jersey accent) So a fan who had his journal with him, handed it to Bruce, and Bruce ripped a page out of it and wrote down some song titles that people had been requesting -- with MY sharpie. Crazy stuff. I know he's just a person, but when I was standing 12 inches from him while he signed my poster, I just couldn't believe this is the same man who wrote all these songs, and who I've seen in concert so many times, and who has helped so many people gain strength and motivation through his music. Thanks for reading my post - back into the shadows...

QUOTE(madisoncircusgirl @ Oct 18 2005, 04:27 PM) [snapback]854995[/snapback]

And from out of the shadows.... Thanks for posting your pix, LoversIntheCold. It was fun meeting you and whoresandgamblers, and sharing the Bruce experience in Madison. I decided to stop lurking on Greasy Lake.

The closest I had come to "meeting" Bruce previously was outside the Park West in Chicago when he toured with Joe Grushecky in the mid-90's. That day I missed Bruce by about 10 minutes. Then in '99 in Detroit, he approached a crowd of us outside the Palace after the show and, when flashbulbs started going off, a lot of people from the parking lot started running towards the limo and Bruce just waved and hopped back in. Missed again...

Saturday, I wasn't going to miss him this time. My husband and I were talking and realized that any ONE of the many huge things that happened on Saturday would have been amazing. But no, it was a whole list of once-in-a-lifetime events:
- got Bruce's autograph
- "met" Bruce
- sat in the 4th row
- rushed the stage
- heard WILD BILLY'S
- and to top it off, I requested it and he said my name before the song (Jeannie)

I'm thankful to whoever else requested Wild Billy's and who Bruce referred to, in addition to me, before playing it. I told Bruce that the circus plays at the Alliant Energy Center and it would be a great night for Wild Billy's Circus Story. He said, "it does, huh? I gotta start writing some of these down. Does anyone have a piece of paper?" (add your own Jersey accent) So a fan who had his journal with him, handed it to Bruce, and Bruce ripped a page out of it and wrote down some song titles that people had been requesting -- with MY sharpie. Crazy stuff. I know he's just a person, but when I was standing 12 inches from him while he signed my poster, I just couldn't believe this is the same man who wrote all these songs, and who I've seen in concert so many times, and who has helped so many people gain strength and motivation through his music. Thanks for reading my post - back into the shadows...

DON'T go back into the shadows! Come out and play in the Lake some more.

Love your post! When I saw your username I knew IMMEDIATELY it was you he sang Wild Billy for. I remember being a kid and seeing the Flying Wallendas at the Dane Co. Coliseum. For him to mention the Wallendas took me back to being a 9 year old kid. Thanks for requesting that song.

Welcome to the Lake and don't lurk, post!

Well done!

I didn't know you could take a picture through a microscope.

(Just kidding -- good for you! smile.gif)

Bravo !!! Great pics, so great, thanks for sharing that ! smile.gif

QUOTE(madisoncircusgirl @ Oct 18 2005, 09:27 PM) [snapback]854995[/snapback]

- got Bruce's autograph
- "met" Bruce
- sat in the 4th row
- rushed the stage
- heard WILD BILLY'S

Good to offcially see you come out of the shadows, it was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for getting us Wild Billy's what a thrill it must have been to have your name mentioned on stage, it gave me tingles knowing I was right next to you when you made the request. With all the requests being called out I declined to ask for anything and still got Flood, Growin' Up my top two songs I wanted. I can't imagine a better Bruce experiance than what I had in the Mad City.

LITC,

Thanks for posting your pics. Wow! Talk about close-ups.

Welcome, Jeanie. How cool it must be to have Bruce play your request and say your name!