Greasy Lake Community

Nils

Grin73

Anyone planning on seeing some of the Nils Lofgren shows coming up? I'll be at two of the Alexandria, VA show's at the Birchmere 2/17,18. Man, Nils in a small club is awsome!....also coming to B B King's in NYC in April among other shows. ........CCC

"We still miss our brother Jimi, it's hard to breathe w/ that loss, we still got you brother, don't nail yourself to a cross......Keith Don't Go......"
QUOTE(gsquare @ Feb 16 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]980446[/snapback]

I'll be at the same 2 Birchmere shows, and may go to the one on Sunday too. Also be in for the State Theater show in April once the tickets go on sale.

He'll be at the Pony April 22nd. Tickets go on sale in advance tomorrow at noon on the Pony website.
Friday at the Birchmere was not the best that Nils has to offer. He was a bit rusty from being off the road for so long, and even forgot the words on the first verse of Girl In Motion. But still a pretty damn good way to spend an evening. Buck Brown played at times along with all three Lofgren brothers, and the great Mary Ann Redmond lent some great vocals for a few songs. They're filming all 3 nights at the Birchmere for a possible DVD release. Saturday night is sold out, but plenty of tickets available for Sunday if you want to see a good show. And it's a holiday on Monday (for most of you at least, not me sad.gif ) so no excuses about a late evening. Plus you can pick up his new CD called Sacred Weapon.

1, Across The Tracks
2. Trouble (from the new CD)
3. Cry Tough
4. Blue Skies
5. You
6. I'll Fight For You
7. Black Books
8. Wonderland
9. Comfort Your Love Brings (new CD)
10. Girl In Motion
11. In Your Hands (new CD)
12. Valentine
13. Tender Love - an old old song I don't think I've ever heard him do live before smile.gif
14. Keith Don't Go
15. A Fool Like Me
16. Deadline
17. Believe
18. Goin' Back
19. Whiskey Holler (new CD)
20. The Sun Hasn't Set (On This Boy Yet)
21. Pay Your Woman (new CD)
22. Mud In Your Eye
23. Because The Night

Encore

24. Like Rain
25. No Mercy
26. Shine Silently
BTW, Nils has various standard stuff on sale like CDs, shirts, but the winner for best sale item is booty shorts for the ladies. blink.gif Safe to say I've NEVER seen those on sale at the Birchmere, not sure what that's all about. Offered to buy a pair for my girlfriend so she could have Nils autograph them, but she respectfully declined.
QUOTE(rosieinnj @ Feb 17 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]981656[/snapback]

QUOTE(gsquare @ Feb 16 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]980446[/snapback]

I'll be at the same 2 Birchmere shows, and may go to the one on Sunday too. Also be in for the State Theater show in April once the tickets go on sale.

He'll be at the Pony April 22nd. Tickets go on sale in advance tomorrow at noon on the Pony website.

Just bought our tickets for the show at the Pony biggrin.gif
I got an email from the Stone House Music Club that Nils will be playing there on May 4th. The "club" is actually a Jewish community center in Tenafly, NJ. The room is basically a new wedding-hall-like auditorium with a stage. I saw Graham Parker there a few months ago, and enjoyed it a lot. Sound was fine, but the falafel (waiter service for limited menu and drinks) was even better.
Saturday night show at the Birchmere can be described in a single word....... WOW. A simply tremendous show, one of Nils' best I've seen in recent memory. No rust on this night. First, he played for a solid 3 hours, very long for the Birchmere. Then special guest Bob Berberich came out to sing a string of classic Grin songs. But the back-to-back guitar assault of Moon Tears and Because The Night was my highlight. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nils' guitar work on BTN blows Bruce away.

1. Across The Tracks
2. Trouble
3. In Your Hands
4. I Found You
5. You
6. If I Should Fall Behind
7. Black Books
8. Like Rain
9. Girl In Motion
10. Little On Up
11. Comfort Your Love Brings
12. Puttin' Out Fires
13. Keith Don't Go
14. A Fool Like Me
15. Deadline
16. Whiskey Holler
17. The Sun Hasn't Set (On This Boy Yet)
18. Irish Angel
19. I'll Arise
20. Everybody's Missing The Sun
21. All Out
22. Ain't Love Nice
23. Pay Your Woman
24. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
25. Mud In Your Eye
26. Moon Tears
27. Because The Night

Encore

28. I Came To Dance
29. Shine Silently

cool.gif
QUOTE(gsquare @ Feb 18 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]982188[/snapback]

BTW, Nils has various standard stuff on sale like CDs, shirts, but the winner for best sale item is booty shorts for the ladies. blink.gif Safe to say I've NEVER seen those on sale at the Birchmere, not sure what that's all about. Offered to buy a pair for my girlfriend so she could have Nils autograph them, but she respectfully declined.

Guess who bought them......AND had them signed.

I was his first LOL.
Sunday night at the Birchmere. How do you follow up a 3 hour marathon from the night before? How about with a 3 hour 10 minute finale that includes not only the special guests from the last two nights but also another very very special guest appearance. Joining Nils, Buck and the Lofgren brothers on Sunday were Bob Berberich and Mary Ann Redmond from the previous nights as well as another local musician who has played many times with Nils, Paul Bell. But the special guest on this night was former Doobie Brother Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, who lent his considerable talents to a sparkling show. Only one new song not played the previous two nights, but many many great songs, particularly during Deadline when Nils left the stage and let Baxter provide a blistering solo of his own, then coming back on and the two of them (along with Buck) turning the song into a slow shuffle with Baxter adding some acoustic slide. That one will be a keeper for the DVD.

3 great nights of Nils, it all came and went so quickly. But he'll be back in the DC area in April at the State Theater, and any of you other Lakers need to catch his show at the Pony or wherever you can.

1. Across The Tracks
2. In Your Hands
3. Blue Skies
4. I Found You
5. You
6. If I Should Fall Behind
7. Black Books
8. Like Rain
9. Girl In Motion
10. Comfort Your Love Brings
11. Valentine
12. Tender Love
13. Deadline
14. Keith Don't Go
15. Whiskey Holler
16. Goin' Back
17. Big Tears Fall
18. The Sun Hasn't Set (On This Boy Yet)
19. I'll Arise
20. Everybody's Missing The Sun
21. All Out
22. Ain't Love Nice
23. Mud In Your Eye
24. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
25. No Mercy
26. Because The Night

Encore

27. Pay Your Woman
28. Shine Silently

cool.gif
QUOTE(CeeJay @ Feb 19 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]982579[/snapback]

QUOTE(gsquare @ Feb 18 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]982188[/snapback]

Guess who bought them......AND had them signed.

I was his first LOL.

He mentioned you Sunday night Laura. Spoke kinda fondly about it. biggrin.gif

Archived