Greasy Lake Community

new pearl jam song

Mushmouthmatt

QUOTE(G-Man @ Feb 27 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]988230[/snapback]

Hasn't this album been delayed and delayed? I thought it was slated for release last fall? What was the cause for the delay?

They did a tour of Canada and South America in the fall. Perhaps that had something to do with it. Who knows? What's important is that a release date has been set and I am VERY ready to hear some new PJ tunes! Saw three shows on their Canadian tour in September and they were awesome!
Looks like the whole new single will be available for free on March 8 through the official website:
WORLD WIDE SUICIDE SINGLE FREE!
Beginning March 8th, at 6:00 A.M. Eastern time, you can download World Wide Suicide here. This MP3 version of the song contains no Digital Rights Management so you can share it with your friends. Spread the word. link

How cool is that? smile.gif
brand new official site HERE

it's official the new album release on May 2 and "special announcements coming on March 7th"

there's a tour announcement we are waiting for over here in old Europe cool.gif
QUOTE(fivequickshots @ Mar 2 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]989494[/snapback]

it's official the new album release on May 2 and "special announcements coming on March 7th"

let's hope that this is what it will be... PJ touring Europe in the autumn would be super sweet smile.gif
QUOTE(fivequickshots @ Mar 1 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]989494[/snapback]

brand new official site HERE

saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, something to look forward to this summer. And on the same day that DMB announced their summer tour. Things are looking up!
btw, love the sig picture

IPB Image smile.gif

Even though I think Bruce royally screwed up all three songs he did with Ed. Still nice to have my two fave musicians share the stage for once.
QUOTE(Juneau @ Mar 2 2006, 09:22 AM) [snapback]989721[/snapback]

It's officially being called Pearl Jam, the new album I mean.
Kind of unusual to have a self-titled one so late into the career but it's interesting.

Well, their first was called Ten, so maybe they're working backwards. wink.gif
Rumors here in Italy are the tour may begin in America in May, then Europe Sep. to Oct. (opening here in Italy) and then Australia.
Yes, Juneau, Bruce did a pretty mess on stage that night, but Bruce&Eddie sharing the stage and showing their *friendship* is something I was really waiting for... and I hope we'll see more in the next future!!!
Looks like we'll be getting the new one a couple of days earlier, at least in Germany (April 28): Sony/BMG smile.gif

QUOTE(fivequickshots @ Mar 2 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]989861[/snapback]

Rumors here in Italy are the tour may begin in America in May, then Europe Sep. to Oct. (opening here in Italy) and then Australia.

That's what I heard as well. They can rehearse all during the US(/Canada?) tour and once they're over here the tour will be in full gear.

QUOTE(fivequickshots @ Mar 2 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]989861[/snapback]
Yes, Juneau, Bruce did a pretty mess on stage that night, but Bruce&Eddie sharing the stage and showing their *friendship* is something I was really waiting for... and I hope we'll see more in the next future!!!

I don't know, I was pretty shocked when I heard them back to back on Darkness and No Surrender. Don't know if it's an age thing, but Bruce didn't seem to feel it anymore. Which I only realized when listening to Eddie sing his parts.
But you're right, it's cool to see them together and interacting like that.
QUOTE(Juneau @ Mar 2 2006, 02:22 PM) [snapback]989721[/snapback]

It's officially being called Pearl Jam, the new album I mean.
Kind of unusual to have a self-titled one so late into the career but it's interesting.

It worked for the Beatles! (The White album)
QUOTE(Mushmouthmatt @ Feb 25 2006, 05:46 PM) [snapback]986680[/snapback]

"Worldwide Suicide". a 15 second clip is available for download at www.theskyiscrape.com

check it out.

A radio station played the song, the whole song actually. mp3's are out there, for example: here

Opinions?

Can't wait to hear it in fine quality on Wednesday...
And the tracklisting is definite according to the official site:

Life Wasted
World Wide Suicide
Comatose
Severed Hand
Marker In The Sand
Parachutes
Unemployable
Big Wave
Gone
Wasted Reprise
Army Reserve