Greasy Lake Community

New Cash music coming in May

ActionJackson

I just got the new issue of Rolling Stone yesterday and they had an article of some recently uncovered Cash tapes that had been sitting in his former house in Hendersonville in boxes. They said in the early 70's, Cash recorded several cd's worth of covers tunes, much like his American recordings stuff w/ Rubin. It was labeled Cash's personal file, and will be released in May as a 2 cd set under that title. They are planning on going through all these tapes and releasing other music down the line. Great news for us Cash fans! This will tide me over until they decide to come out with American V.
QUOTE(ActionJackson @ Mar 1 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]989203[/snapback]

I just got the new issue of Rolling Stone yesterday and they had an article of some recently uncovered Cash tapes that had been sitting in his former house in Hendersonville in boxes. They said in the early 70's, Cash recorded several cd's worth of covers tunes, much like his American recordings stuff w/ Rubin. It was labeled Cash's personal file, and will be released in May as a 2 cd set under that title. They are planning on going through all these tapes and releasing other music down the line. Great news for us Cash fans! This will tide me over until they decide to come out with American V.

Hmm could be very interesting.. did they mention any tracks??
I don't believe anything can match the fraility of the American Recordings, I mean, it all just clicked with the darkness and declining health. They are something way special. I am sure this new found stuff will be amazing, but I think they are using the American comparision as pure marketing. I look forward to hearing it.
QUOTE(treechrist66 @ Mar 2 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]989678[/snapback]

I don't believe anything can match the fraility of the American Recordings, I mean, it all just clicked with the darkness and declining health. They are something way special. I am sure this new found stuff will be amazing, but I think they are using the American comparision as pure marketing. I look forward to hearing it.

Sure his cover of Hurt is a prime example.
QUOTE(Atlantic City @ Mar 2 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]990070[/snapback]

QUOTE(J @ Mar 2 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]989676[/snapback]

When the hell is American V being released???????

Why are you asking us??? tongue.gif

I thought you off all people would know! tongue.gif

Just venting my frustration... LOL!
QUOTE(J @ Mar 7 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]993231[/snapback]

QUOTE(Atlantic City @ Mar 2 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]990070[/snapback]

QUOTE(J @ Mar 2 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]989676[/snapback]

When the hell is American V being released???????

Why are you asking us??? tongue.gif

I thought you off all people would know! tongue.gif

Just venting my frustration... LOL!

Well I don't know everything...not yet tongue.gif smile.gif
QUOTE(SmilinSkullRing @ Mar 8 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]993642[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard about this and the DVD. I'm dying to have it!!

And American V is rumored to be released sometime this year. Take that how you will.

Just before his Unearthed box set was released, I read somewhere that Johnny Cash had a version of Bruce's Further On (Up the Road) in the vaults. Let's hope to hear it someday!
QUOTE(Frank @ Mar 11 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]996472[/snapback]
QUOTE(SmilinSkullRing @ Mar 8 2006, 12:09 AM) [snapback]993642[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard about this and the DVD. I'm dying to have it!!

And American V is rumored to be released sometime this year. Take that how you will.

Just before his Unearthed box set was released, I read somewhere that Johnny Cash had a version of Bruce's Further On (Up the Road) in the vaults. Let's hope to hear it someday!

Last I heard Further On (Up The Road) will be on American V. cool.gif

Archived