Greasy Lake Community

Marah Hoboken NJ

ed6322call

No lie, it must have been 150 degrees in there! It was liking walking on the beach in August wrapped in a wool blanket. But did they destroy that place or what! I liked when Serge said "I'm going to play till I throw up" Now that is rock n roll!!!!! tongue.gif
QUOTE(ed6322call @ Mar 12 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]997152[/snapback]

No lie, it must have been 150 degrees in there! It was liking walking on the beach in August wrapped in a wool blanket. But did they destroy that place or what! I liked when Serge said "I'm going to play till I throw up" Now that is rock n roll!!!!! tongue.gif

And I liked it when Dave called us "savages" for wanting more...an amazing show and I stopped caring about the heat. They ARE probably among the last Rock-n-Roll bands!
what was the world premier? I hear they covered 'where the streets have no name'. my fuckin God if I ever hear them play that I should probably kill myself right afterwards cos life wont get any better than that.

pleased you enjoyed the shows folks!
QUOTE(East @ Mar 13 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]997841[/snapback]

what was the world premier? I hear they covered 'where the streets have no name'. my fuckin God if I ever hear them play that I should probably kill myself right afterwards cos life wont get any better than that.

pleased you enjoyed the shows folks!

Dave is fine tuning his ukulele skills (Serge said he wanted to beat him over the head with it when they were touring out west). He also played his new song about his jail time in the midwest...I don't think it has a name yet and he said the verses are subject to change.... laugh.gif
This is what they said about Maxwell's the next day at Drew's

"It was so hot last night, we decided that there was no band in the world we would have stayed in that room for. I mean, it could have been Johnny Cash fronting the Ramones, and I would have been out of there in two songs." --Dave
QUOTE(ed6322call @ Mar 14 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]998151[/snapback]

This is what they said about Maxwell's the next day at Drew's

"It was so hot last night, we decided that there was no band in the world we would have stayed in that room for. I mean, it could have been Johnny Cash fronting the Ramones, and I would have been out of there in two songs." --Dave

Dave's right... the crowd was great at Maxwell's even with the extreme heat. Drew mentioned that several tapers were at his party so there should be another awesome boot.
I always wanted to say NOTsodirtyannie is one of my favorite names at the Lake.

"called up notsodirtyannie on the telephone"

Wouldn't that be great to hear Bruce slip that in someday!
QUOTE(ed6322call @ Mar 14 2006, 07:51 AM) [snapback]998175[/snapback]

I always wanted to say NOTsodirtyannie is one of my favorite names at the Lake.

"called up notsodirtyannie on the telephone"

Wouldn't that be great to hear Bruce slip that in someday!

LOL! If Bruce was smart he would use Annie more in his songs...enough Mary and Maria already IMHO anyway.

Archived