Greasy Lake Community

DBT-new tour dates

daveed76

The Drive by Truckers just posted new tour dates on their website. I'll be at the NYC show and I encourage everyone to check them out.

Fri April 14 - Ladson, SC - Heritage Motorcycle Rally, Exhange Park Fairgrounds

Tue Apr 18 - New York, NY - Mercury Lounge

Thu April 20 - Charlottesville, VA - Charlottesville Pavilion w/ Robert Randolph (DBT opens)

Thu April 27 - Baton Rouge, LA - Sogo Live

Fri April 28 - Dallas, TX - Gypsy Ballroom

Sat April 29 - Austin, TX - Stubbs BBQ

Sun April 30 - Albuquerque, NM - El Rey Theatre w/ Son Volt

Tue May 2 - San Diego, CA - Cane's Ballroom w/ Son Volt

Wed May 3 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues w/ Son Volt

Thu May 4 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues w/ Son Volt

Fri May 5 - San Francisco, CA - Fillmore w/ Son Volt

Sat May 6 - San Francisco, CA - Fillmore w/ Son Volt (DBT opens)

Mon May 8 - Portland, OR - Roseland w/ Son Volt

Tue May 9 - Seattle, WA - Showbox Theatre w/ Son Volt

Wed May 10 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom

Wed May 17 - Minneapolis, MN - First Ave Nightclub

Thu May 18 - Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre

Fri May 19 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre

Sat May 20 - Louisville, KY - Headliner's

TBA June - Telluride, CO - 2006 Telluride Bluegrass Festival
Thanks for posting this. Will definitely be at one if not both Tx shows. You know it's a very long song.
I was hoping to see them in a couple of weeks when they're in the UK be due to an absolute lack of funds I cannot. sad.gif

Marah are playing around the same time over here and I need to scrape up every last penny to catch them. They simply cannot be missed.

I did get 'The Dirty South' though about 3 weeks ago and I do quite like it. It's not as good as I was expecting but still has some good songs on it. 'Goddamn lonely love' is a great one.
QUOTE(daveed76 @ Mar 16 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1000215[/snapback]

QUOTE(Skin2Skin @ Mar 16 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1000197[/snapback]

No Philly date... sad.gif sad.gif

Come on up to NYC biggrin.gif

It's in consideration.
QUOTE(Wasted in the heat @ Mar 16 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1000242[/snapback]

QUOTE(Skin2Skin @ Mar 16 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1000197[/snapback]
No Philly date... sad.gif sad.gif

This is a band that perpetually tours. They'll be back east before the end of the summer.

Also a consideration. smile.gif
QUOTE(daveed76 @ Mar 16 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1000101[/snapback]

The Drive by Truckers just posted new tour dates on their website. I'll be at the NYC show and I encourage everyone to check them out.

You rule. This is the show I've been waiting for. If you hear anything about when the NYC tix go on sale, please post it - I'll do the same.
Be sure to check the tourdates page on the DBT web site. They offer the option to buy tickets there and you may be able to get tix before they go on sale through the venue.
I just checked tourdates section of the DBT website and the New York show at Mercury Lounge on April 18 is no longer listed. Hopefully it will be back up there soon, but right now they don't have any New York area shows.
QUOTE(daveed76 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1003347[/snapback]

I just checked tourdates section of the DBT website and the New York show at Mercury Lounge on April 18 is no longer listed. Hopefully it will be back up there soon, but right now they don't have any New York area shows.

That bites.

I just read this on the DBT Yahoo board:

"The Mercury date has been canceled, y'all. I'm sorry. Not sure of the circumstances, but other dates are in flux as well, so don't buy any plane tickets yet. All I can say is the band is touring heavily all year, and they will eventually get to everywhere they can.

They go where the clubs want them, so if you want them in your town, call and bug your venues!"
QUOTE(cheddarmustard @ Mar 21 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1003377[/snapback]

QUOTE(daveed76 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1003347[/snapback]

That bites.

I just read this on the DBT Yahoo board:

"The Mercury date has been canceled, y'all. I'm sorry. Not sure of the circumstances, but other dates are in flux as well, so don't buy any plane tickets yet. All I can say is the band is touring heavily all year, and they will eventually get to everywhere they can.

They go where the clubs want them, so if you want them in your town, call and bug your venues!"

This sucks! I'm sure they could come back to Irving Plaza or the Bowery Ballroom sometime this spring or summer.
Honestly, I can't believe these guys are still playing clubs. They are one of the best bands I've seen. I know the days of bands playing MSG for multiple nights are all but over, but it seems like the DBTs would be playing some larger venues by now. Not that I'm complaining. I'm looking forward to seeing them in clubs again this year.

Archived