Greasy Lake Community

Bon Jovi song to be in NJ tourism commercial

Barefoot Woman

Not this biggest Bon Jovi fan by any means but that song is really good. I only bought the album for it. Where can you get the countrified version?

Spoogle
QUOTE(J @ Apr 10 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]1016482[/snapback]

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but Bon Jovi really does suck a lot.

no they dont.....they got some good tunes.... yea so, they're not setting the world on fire with socially & politically charged songs, they haven't started any original trends , but if you wanna have a good time at a rock concert.... Now leave the pretty boys alone...
QUOTE(Killer Joe @ Apr 11 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]1016933[/snapback]

I got my wife(Big Bon Jovi fan) tickets to the Philly Soul game that they were supposedly gonna play at halftime. They "played" alright...they played a couple records and lip-synced 2 songs.

Lovely!

In their defense I was at the show they did the night before in Atlantic City. Despite being very ill Jon gave us his all and sang for 2 and a half hours. By the Soul game the next day he had no voice and a gig in DC the next night. You would have done better to go to the Atlantic City show- I do feel bad for those Bon Jovi fans who bought Soul tickets just for that halftime performance as I know they did not get their money's worth. And not getting your money's worth with Bon Jovi hardly ever happens.

Val
I like BJ but THAT song SUCKS. (Especially with that woman who sucks even worse)

If they make that the State song of NJ I'm MOVING.

They are using Dave Matthews Songs in Virgina Tourism ads. Maybe I'll move there.
The songs not even an option for the state song of NJ. It's only the tourism theme b/c John said the state could use it for free. (Of course the record company still receives liscensing fees)

The New Jersey legislature every year introduces a bill to declare "I'm From New Jersey" by Josepch "Red" Mascara the state song. The only stumbling block is in the early 70's, he sung it for the legislators with then Governor Cahill in the gallery. When he was done, Cahill, in his usually short style replied "That stinks".

Red still can be seen at the Statehouse occasionally giving candies out to legislators, lobbyists and visitors just to stick around. He is rather endeared and while the song will never get voted on, they'll never nominate another song until he dies at this point.
QUOTE(Barefoot Woman @ Apr 11 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]1016986[/snapback]

I got my wife(Big Bon Jovi fan) tickets to the Philly Soul game that they were supposedly gonna play at halftime. They "played" alright...they played a couple records and lip-synced 2 songs.

Lovely!

In their defense I was at the show they did the night before in Atlantic City. Despite being very ill Jon gave us his all and sang for 2 and a half hours. By the Soul game the next day he had no voice and a gig in DC the next night. You would have done better to go to the Atlantic City show- I do feel bad for those Bon Jovi fans who bought Soul tickets just for that halftime performance as I know they did not get their money's worth. And not getting your money's worth with Bon Jovi hardly ever happens.

Val

Well the least they could have done was practiced their air instruments and lip syncing. The music started before the drummer had even picked up his sticks and the Jumbo-Tron stayed off during both songs a tel-tale sign that they were mailing it in.
Dont get me wrong, my wife and I never expected a "concert", we were thinking maybe 3-4 songs. That would have been fine and would made my wife happy which in turn makes my life easier. No such luck.
I wonder if they'll do the same thing this summer at Citizens Bank Park, if Little Jon Jon has a sore throat?
QUOTE(Killer Joe @ Apr 14 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1019545[/snapback]

QUOTE(Barefoot Woman @ Apr 11 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]1016986[/snapback]

Lovely!

Val

Well the least they could have done was practiced their air instruments and lip syncing. The music started before the drummer had even picked up his sticks and the Jumbo-Tron stayed off during both songs a tel-tale sign that they were mailing it in.
Dont get me wrong, my wife and I never expected a "concert", we were thinking maybe 3-4 songs. That would have been fine and would made my wife happy which in turn makes my life easier. No such luck.
I wonder if they'll do the same thing this summer at Citizens Bank Park, if Little Jon Jon has a sore throat?

No, I would expect a full on great Bon Jovi concert- and for you and others who were rightfully disappointed if you go hopefully it will make the Soul game just a memory.

Val
QUOTE(Mushmouthmatt @ Apr 14 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]1019713[/snapback]

Bon Jovi sucks. save for like, five songs. that's a FACT.

Blood Money is his only good song. that's a fact
QUOTE(gunner @ Apr 22 2006, 03:01 AM) [snapback]1025724[/snapback]

QUOTE(Mushmouthmatt @ Apr 14 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]1019713[/snapback]

Bon Jovi sucks. save for like, five songs. that's a FACT.

Blood Money is his only good song. that's a fact

I can't say I like these posers a lot,these days,but they/he sure did write more than 1 good song..
QUOTE(Dannychico @ Apr 24 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1027046[/snapback]

Living on a Prayer
Bad Medicine
You Give Love a Bad Name
Runaway

Those aren't good songs. But they are fun.

Runaway is good, the version of Living on a Prayer from the Crossroads cd was cool and the acoutic version of Wanted Dead or Alive is killer. other than that... Bad Name is decent and i always had a soft spot for Born To Be My Baby even though it's very very gay.
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived