Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoverInTheCold

I have never heard the "Prove It All Night" 78' intro...

I would shrug it off the past few years when someone on this board would mention it, and erstwhile while I was becoming the obsessive fanatic that I am. But I don't think I can any longer, everybody I talk to says that in order to be complete as a BruceManiac, I must hear the guitar intro...Is it that good? Do I need to hear it?

LITC

I would shrug it off the past few years when someone on this board would mention it, and erstwhile while I was becoming the obsessive fanatic that I am. But I don't think I can any longer, everybody I talk to says that in order to be complete as a BruceManiac, I must hear the guitar intro...Is it that good? Do I need to hear it?

LITC

IPB Image

There's no better performance of any song ever in the history of the world than the Fox Theater, Winterland, and Cleveland firecracker versions (among others).

Sell your soul to get a copy of the Largo '78 dvd

LITC

Beginning with the piano intro, then Bruce on guitar, from the first lashing chord, raw and edgy, slowly building momentum, going faster and faster until they're just about to explode in a frantic "guitar orgasm"....

Well, it's almost as good as sex. IPB Image

You MUST hear it. It is the coolest solo guitar playing you will ever hear Bruce do and it is the best version of Prove it every played. The version on the album cannot compare to the 78 version with the intro.

Has there been a survey to determine the best moment in "Darkness" tour boots?

There seems to be a lot of support for:

Prove it w/ guitar intro
Backstreets w/ Sad Eyes, Drive all night
Various intros and She's the One
Desert story Thunder Road intro
Other stories...
"I'm just a prisoner..."

I find it hard to pick one over the other.

I'm not going to start the "Greatest Tour Ever" debate again, but '78 boots are essential listening, regardless of when or where you got on this train.

The instrumental bridge between Promised Land and Prove It is arguable one of the most beautiful pieces of music. As the crescendo builds you can feel the intensity of the music grow along with it. I first heard it the night the Agora show was broadcast. That show, Winterland, Pretty Flamingo, most any good show from that period will give you a feel for it. Get thee a boot and hurry!
"You gotta Prove It All Night"

If it were possible, I would have an audio input surgically attached to my body so that I could walk around with the "Prove It" intro piped into every auditory body part available and/or conceivable -- so it could be a permanent and neverending soundtrack to my life and daily existence. Over and over and over ad infinitum.

But you should check it out. It's okay, I guess.

I´ve just watched Prove it all night from the Passaic Sept 19th 78 DVD, sent me shivers down my spine.

Is it that good? Do I need to hear it?

Yes, and yes.

There's these things called \"bootlegs\"... IPB Image

Really where I may I get some of these??? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

i dont think you realise what your missing.

Its quality stuff i assure you

Of course now that you've heard every orgasmic rave and hyperbole, you're bound to be disappointed. I hope you're not, and there's no reason you should be, it's a brilliant piece of music. Try to forget everything you've heard while you wait for your copy of Paramount Night IPB Image. After you receive it in the mail don't even look at the playlist, insert disc one, press play and start doing the dishes. Let it come to you...and you will not be disappointed. IPB Image

Don't forget the 'Because the night' intro aswell from the same era. God, I love that! IPB Image

The Chicken Man is right. As good as the 1978 era Prove It intro is, the extended intro to Because the Night is just as good if not better. I never get tired of hearing that - it's the highlight of any Darkness era show. One of my biggest disappointments when the 75-85 set came out was the fact they used the much shorter "River Tour" version of that song.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but the extended "Racing in the Street" from the Darkness tour is pretty good as well. Come to think of, anything from this era is pretty good.

I´ve just watched Prove it all night from the Passaic Sept 19th 78 DVD, sent me shivers down my spine.

yea, i think this one is the best.

(btw, how's that dvd?)

asskicking

Simply Awesome! I was in high school back then & remember playing the 8-Track tape (wow) in the locker room all the time...

Don't know if its been mentioned, but the extended \"Racing in the Street\" from the Darkness tour is pretty good as well. Come to think of, anything from this era is pretty good.

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. You get to hear Danny jam for a while on the outro. I always loved the outro of the song, the piano and the organ parts go together perfectly.

Dont get me started on the covers of this tour....

My favourite versions of Summertime Blues and Raise your Hand are by Bruce and the boys.

Louie Louie and Double Shot Of My Baby's Love are a lot rarer on the tour but are still great party songs and Bruce does a good version of them.

How about the scorching Rave On, Buddy would've been proud of that performance.