Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeZap

Spoke with my Shore Fire contact late yesterday

She informed me a release announcing the album and acknowledgement of a tour will be released on Monday (though when pressed, she admitted it could be Tuesday, but they are totally preparing for Monday, Aug. 13th.) The announcement will list all song titles, musicians on the album, basic tour structure and some cities. NO TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE NEXT WEEK. I post this so no one here has to constantly refresh their Shore Fire Media homepage during the next 48 hours. cool.gif

(To those wondering how I have a contact over there: I work in network sports tv and am constantly getting free CDs, invitations to record premiere parties and other goodies from record companies and publicists as I use commercially-issued music in my work. A few CDs or invites are nothing to a company if I elect to use their music on a Super Bowl or Final Four tease or throughout an entire network show, especially if it is new music. Being a Springsteen fan, I have had a contact over at Shore Fire for years and was even invited to the ultra-private show at the Bottom Line on May 6th, 1992 when Bruce premiered songs from both Human Touch and Lucky Town for the first time in front of a public audience -- mostly Columbia execs, staff and invited peeps.)

Never knew that about you, Joe. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the update! smile.gif Not that I had any hope seeing any release during the weekend anyways...

Thanks for the update Joe....It's good to hear some real information from a bonafide source.

Thanks for the info joezap, hope, you don't play with our nerves wink.gif
Gave your info to an "on vacation without any internet access" friend of mine (a very
well known GL member)and
was able to calm her and of course myself down.

can we count on you to be the official master griller for the Philly shows like you were at the Philly VFC tailgate?

( btw, I went for the music, not the cause.) tongue.gif

QUOTE(JoeZap @ Aug 11 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a Springsteen fan, I have had a contact over at Shore Fire for years and was even invited to the ultra-private show at the Bottom Line on May 6th, 1992 when Bruce premiered songs from both Human Touch and Lucky Town for the first time in front of a public audience -- mostly Columbia execs, staff and invited peeps.)

...and did you go?? wink.gif

QUOTE(JoeZap @ Aug 11 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She informed me ....

You talkin' Marilyn here? She's my contact there, although I have to say she's never done a heckuva lot for me.....Shore Fire doesn't put Reuters all that high in the pecking order....

QUOTE(mcsorelyslight @ Aug 12 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(JoeZap @ Aug 11 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She informed me ....

You talkin' Marilyn here? She's my contact there, although I have to say she's never done a heckuva lot for me.....Shore Fire doesn't put Reuters all that high in the pecking order....

Lets hope for Joezap's sake, we get a release, or he/she is going to look a right idiot laugh.gif